Video Is Hisense 43 inches 4K QLED Google TV 43U6K a good buy at 26K ?

prime

Skilled
Hisense 108 cm (43 inches) 4K Ultra HD QLED Google TV 43U6K (Gray) @26k with 4 years comprehensive warranty available for pre-book.

Is it a good price?

As per listing, 4 years comprehensive warranty only if we buy it in pre-book.

I am planning to buy a 43" TV in upcoming sale season for one of my rooms for occasional use (already have 1*75", 2*40" in other rooms).

Is it a good buy? Or there are (or will be) better options available in 20-25k price range?

Hisense 108 cm (43 inches) 4K Ultra HD QLED Google TV 43U6K (Gray) @26k with 4 years comprehensive warranty available for pre-book.

Is it a good price?

I am planning to buy a 43" TV in upcoming sale season for one of my rooms for occasional use (already have 1*75", 2*40" in other rooms).

Is it a good buy? Or there are (or will be) better options available in 20-25k price range?
Hisense started lying on marketing material. Their new 120Hz HRR panels are actually 60Hz & 240Hz one is actually 120Hz (E7K). For 26k with 4 year warranty, it seems good. Usually manufacturer's extended warranty is 3-4k from what I heard for an extra 2 years with 1 year base warranty. In big sales, 43" 4K TVs fall to as low as 20k after card discounts. Hisense has a good panel for budget TVs & supplies it to Vu from what I heard. So should be a safe bet. Even with Amazon CC cashback, it will be under 25k.

Also, even if Hisense keeps the same model number as US or EU TVs, it brings inferior TVs to India (likely to mislead consumers).

Last edited:
Many reviews on amazon & fk mention poor after sales support of Hisense so not much point having 2/3/4 years warranty if you have to wait for weeks/month to get the tv fixed in case of an issue.
Exactly, aftersale service is more important than duration of warranty. My Mi 4X tv got replaced after 3months(In warranty). No TV for 3months. And replacedsadly with an inferior one (Mi 4A). They don't have the TV model. Whereas my Sony TV got repaired within a week(out of warranty). Both were serviced by Brand service centre.

Many reviews on amazon & fk mention poor after sales support of Hisense so not much point having 2/3/4 years warranty if you have to wait for weeks/month to get the tv fixed in case of an issue.
True. I bought the 43a6ge, it came with android 9.0., the os is not at all optimised. I had to keep fighting with them for upgrade and they sent an engineer with android 11.
They rely on 3rd party local technicians who don't know head from arse. For each OTT that I switch ( prime, zee5, disney) I have to keep changing the picture settings to get better PQ.
Same time if you use amazon fire stick in this tv via hdmi, the pq is good.

Sadly that's what you lose with small brands. Get Samsung or LG if after-sales is important, or Sony (expensive with inferior support presence has been my experience).

Sadly that's what you lose with small brands. Get Samsung or LG if after-sales is important, or Sony (expensive with inferior support presence has been my experience).
I don't think LG or even Samsung is any better, my issue with LG TV took weeks just for them to acknowledge the issue and many months to get a resolution.

I don't think LG or even Samsung is any better, my issue with LG TV took weeks just for them to acknowledge the issue and many months to get a resolution.
I had a bad experience with Sony about a decade ago, then bought Panasonic, faced issues with that as well. I can be patient with after sales on a small brand for which I spent just 20-30k, but not from Sony which charges more than Samsung or LG.

Anyways, after sales is always hit or miss, also depends on your service centre. But you can find Samsung or LG service centres in small towns, so at least they have a good presence.

Continuing to the off topic above, I can say that while choosing a brand for TV just go for whoever is consistent with maintaining quality of panels. And conform to EU models. After sales obviously is a huge thing, but if the tv is good it will remain unutilised.
And Sony is no more the same comoany from the early 90s or 2000s even. My friend's Bravia died three times in a span of three years. And that's three different bravias. Sony people would just come and replace, did it THREE times, eventually said sir you luck with sony has run out and we cannot replace again (the 4th time). He settled with an LG about 4 years back and says there's no issues thus far. In contrast, our Bravia is about 7-8 years old now (offline purchase), no issues whatsoever. A garbage OUO panel though.
Btw, just outta curiosity, is there any way to see the usage hours of a sony bravia?

Continuing to the off topic above, I can say that while choosing a brand for TV just go for whoever is consistent with maintaining quality of panels. And conform to EU models. After sales obviously is a huge thing, but if the tv is good it will remain unutilised.
And Sony is no more the same comoany from the early 90s or 2000s even. My friend's Bravia died three times in a span of three years. And that's three different bravias. Sony people would just come and replace, did it THREE times, eventually said sir you luck with sony has run out and we cannot replace again (the 4th time). He settled with an LG about 4 years back and says there's no issues thus far. In contrast, our Bravia is about 7-8 years old now (offline purchase), no issues whatsoever. A garbage OUO panel though.
Btw, just outta curiosity, is there any way to see the usage hours of a sony bravia?
I've had exactly the opposite experience with LG. Bought an LED TV in 2019 and just before the 1st yr .. the panel developed failure lines. Luckily it was in warranty and they came and replaced the panel. Fast forward another 14 months and the failure came back.

I've had issues with almost every single LG product I have bought after 2012. TV, washing machine, microwave and AC. You name it.

The only thing I can put it down to is a purposely planned lower MTBF into all electronics to keep the customers purchase cycle going every 3 years

I have good experience with TCL (Iffalcon), and Hisense.
  • Bought a 65" tornado 2.0 hisense tv for 48K in January, it developed three red dots on the panel; they replaced the tv in <2weeks.
  • Bought a 55" TCL K61 for 25K in Sept 22, it had a black smear between the panel, and the backlight. They replaced the tv in 2.5 weeks. (Minimal calling)
Also, bought a 65" mi tv, and iffalcon 65" tv in 2018-2023, both of the TV's developed panel problems after 2.5 years. Got a refund for like 70-80% of the purchase amount from Jeeves(extended warranty).

I've had exactly the opposite experience with LG. Bought an LED TV in 2019 and just before the 1st yr .. the panel developed failure lines. Luckily it was in warranty and they came and replaced the panel. Fast forward another 14 months and the failure came back.

I've had issues with almost every single LG product I have bought after 2012. TV, washing machine, microwave and AC. You name it.

The only thing I can put it down to is a purposely planned lower MTBF into all electronics to keep the customers purchase cycle going every 3 years
Same happened with my LG TV, a line appeared. I wouldn't buy TVs from fancy brands anymore. My 10y old Samsung LED TV is still in watchable condition with just speaker gone and my family members couldn't differentiate between that TV and new TV except for the size.

Is it a good price?

Don't forget to drop by this before falling for that Hisense panel offer...

Hisense started lying on marketing material. Their new 120Hz HRR panels are actually 60Hz & 240Hz one is actually 120Hz (E7K). For 26k with 4 year warranty, it seems good. Usually manufacturer's extended warranty is 3-4k from what I heard for an extra 2 years with 1 year base warranty. In big sales, 43" 4K TVs fall to as low as 20k after card discounts. Hisense has a good panel for budget TVs & supplies it to Vu from what I heard. So should be a safe bet. Even with Amazon CC cashback, it will be under 25k.

Also, even if Hisense keeps the same model number as US or EU TVs, it brings inferior TVs to India (likely to mislead consumers).
umm it really just 60hz not 120hz ????

Hey, I have this hisense 43a6ge tv https://www.hisense-india.com/v/43A6GE
Is it really 4k ? I installed AIDA and it shows resolution as 1920x1080. If It was 4k or uhd, it should show 3840x2160 no?
20230924_215730.jpg

Back