IP Torrents account compromised and now I have to give 'donation'

what do these exclusive torrent sites offer over something like piratebay?

Better seeders and speeds, even for older content. Plus on speed.cd, where I mostly got my content from, I can also request for something I want and they are usually taken care of within a day or two. Also a sense of community is there, just like forums.

@dinjo you inspiring others to cheat in private trackers :eek:
IPT Yes because they deserve it , I recommend not to share anything back to IPT.

Also i'm in favour of seeding but sites like IPT does not deserves it , I have a torrent in my client which has actual seed time on tracker of 2 Years and i had downloaded that almost 5 years back.

Last edited:
What you mean..?

He mean's IPT admin's / staff have made it their business to sell account to get access to free scene stuff. They make money out of it, server expenses and premium accounts are just an excuse.

They sell you access and privilege to the tracker. :eek:

I 'm happy that i had left IPT 2 years back. :D

Nope, they are not much into social work or in simple terms "samaaj seva". These kind of private tracker's have open sign-ups in their initial days with some community/ private tracker rules applied. So when their user base expands they seek contributed donation's as monthly server rent.

After sometime they make the tracker invite only or vip paid access.

A server rent may not go upwards 100-150 USD for a large tracker, and the total monthly donation's from not all but few member's could cross 2000+ USD. Haha enough to buy them multiple server's and fill up their pockets and keep them motivated to run the tracker.

btw how is SCC? how do you compare it with IPT

India is banned from SCC for new registration but old account working fine...
SCC is much much smaller than IPT in terms of database but speed is better even on few year old torrent as most are seeded by seedbox..

If you have IPT and happy with it, there's no need for SCC...

Another alternative to IPT is
filelist.ro..

If you are hell bent on getting a replacement for IPT, get Filelist.ro its much better.
but I personally find private trackers to be pointless nowadays, I get my stuff from public trackers and verified uploaders.

best alternative for IPT is filelist.ro handsdown!
SCC has banned India,The staffs there dont like Indians.They think all indians are the same.meh so **** them.
GFT is much better and its also ratioless :) both GFT and SCC have quite the similar pretimes and GFT staffs r also nice.

Reading through this thread makes me worry! I have spent a considerable amount of time seeding back my downloads from IPT, through my normal 2MBPS connection and build up a healthy upload there. Anything like this happening would be a real dampener. :(

Back