IP Torrents account compromised and now I have to give 'donation'

avi

Skilled
3 days ago I logged into my IP Torrent account and I saw 97 new torrents downloaded, which require seeding. None of them were downloaded by me. Now I have received 1 HnR warning. (Hit & Run).

I am talking with their staff, but they say they are not able to clear those torrents off my profile due to some technical glitch. However if I make donation they are assuring me that torrents will be removed.

I am wondering, is it some evil plan to take donations?

They can't remove it because of a technical glitch, but they can remove it if you make a payment?

Hah...

Classic way to ask for a bribe :D

Wont be surprised if IPT people did that themselves.
Been hearing a lot of shady stuff about IPT/TD/TT and how people at IPT are inventing reasons for the members to pay up.

Better get a new account than be paying up money to those monkeys.

^but they can easily track my new account right?[DOUBLEPOST=1403109939][/DOUBLEPOST]
If you want a new account I can help you out.I have 3 invites left I guess.
Thank you very much! I will let you know soon :)[DOUBLEPOST=1403109994][/DOUBLEPOST]I am not sure, but I think even @raksrules was also in same situation?

Donation will make the system ignore the HNR because you will become a vip, they wont do it manually after you pay them. And they can track your new account and then they will ban you for having multiple accounts (happened with a friend i invited, i was jailed too for inviting him).

Donation will make the system ignore the HNR because you will become a vip, they wont do it manually after you pay them. And they can track your new account and then they will ban you for having multiple accounts (happened with a friend i invited, i was jailed too for inviting him).
How do they do that??
Through the ip or did your friend use the same email id as the last time?

Or it might be that the torrents that were being seeded using the old userid again popped up as being seeded under the new userid as well

Clear scenario of looting. Kick your account and sign up with the new invite. But choose a very well tricky new username else they may easily suspect you.

I got several HnR on my account on IPT and I payed $5 through PayPal and it was removed.
But all torrents were downloaded by me only.

How do they do that??
Through the ip or did your friend use the same email id as the last time?

Or it might be that the torrents that were being seeded using the old userid again popped up as being seeded under the new userid as well

Through the ip. 6 people i invited have been banned, i managed to save my account along with two of my friends.

Found this in ipt FAQ.

A passkey is a 32 character key associated with your account that uniquely identifies you as a user when a .torrent file is downloaded from your account, the passkey is automatically added to the announce URL in the .torrent file. Make sure you keep your passkey private at all times.

Maybe this is how they catch guys who are seeding the old .torrent files downloaded using their old ids with a new userid

I have seeded for my friends multiple times from my pc/seedbox. If that was the case then i would have been banned a long time ago. They know the ip series you have been active on, if you get jailed/banned and new account is created from those ip then its obvious to them its you.

They CANNOT identify the account holder if:

1) The user isnt gonna use the old email id (i dont think this is even possible, as the id gets registered in the db)
2) The user removes all the old torrents from the client and NEVER executes old torrent even by mistake. (Passkey match)
3) The ip is dynamic.

^I already did and they already know it was not me. but still no help, but a 'donation' will clear away everything :mad:

@avi have u used a seedbox ? or shared your account with anyone ?? Your passkey have been stolen and they guy who stole it is using your passkey to download.
You better change your passkey.

I have been hearing a lot of shitty things about IPT too regarding stealing peers from other trackers etc. so what can be done here ?? some will say drop IPT and look for an alternative.I would say it is a bad idea.There is currently no alternative for IPT.

And stick with your account and do be creating multiple accounts.Its unethical and this may even jeopardize all your accounts on other trackers too
Donating is totally upto you. Donating 5$ is not a big deal i guess and moreover you get free from the HnR rules forever.

And stick with your account and do be creating multiple accounts.Its unethical and this may even jeopardize all your accounts on other trackers too

That is only if the people at IPT identify the two accounts to be of the same person.
I dont think IPT will specifically ask from other trackers about the IP match for any of their members. That is one. Secondly, even if IPT gets to know about a new account from the member, they wont be fuming cuz:
1) They know about the account being compromised and not everybody will be too pleased to know that they need to pay up to get the account in shape.
2) The user ultimately wont be using both the accounts simultaneously. Rather, the user wont be using the former account at all.

I agree that $5 payment is the best way to clear the account atm, esp if the buffer is considerworthy, but there is not guarantee that this wont happen again, OR that the staff @ IPT isnt behind this themselves.
The news regarding their shady behaviours has been trickling in steadily for sometime now.

If anyone thinks getting a new username,email id and IP address is enough to make a dupe account then they r wrong.A lof of stuffs r there other than this.Anyways am not going to discuss those.
I guess by now everyone has read this http://www.reddit.com/r/trackers/comments/1zfy9n/staff_of_ipt_td_and_tt_are_behind_the_recent_ddos/
What ever internal beef is going on among the trackers are none of the users concern,let the staffs deal with it.And like I said quitting IPT is not a solution to the problem.It will be the most stupidest thing to do.

I dont know if yumyumred is still IPT sysOP,but if he is there,he is your best solution to the problem.

Back