Iniviting All Downloaders (No PC & laptop users)

After reading here, I can't find a single review about Asus HD2 media player torrent capability.

I download huge size torrent above 30-40gb via old desktop pc running deludge in Ubuntu,Can I do the same thing in other smaller device ? Please suggest......

If I buy seagate goflex home, is that serve my purpose ? I have normal Dlink Router DIR-600.

Help needed.....Is there any device like Tondio plug available in India ?

@dissel

Dheeraj can give you advice on TonidoPlug.

Sadly, I too have not seen any review of HD2 showing downloading torrents. Friend of mine is planning to take, If he takes, will confirm.

You can use Asus N13U Router & connect external HDD, Use DD WRT & download huge size torrents.

This is a great thread, but since I am a noob, I do not know what could be the easiest method for me. Can someone coach from start to finish ( especially the configuring part). My budget for additional hardware is around 10k max.

Bought a Second Hand E61i for 2.2k locally,already had a 4GB card and now using symtorrent to download everything with the help of my wireless router. :D

dissel said:
After reading here, I can't find a single review about Asus HD2 media player torrent capability.

I download huge size torrent above 30-40gb via old desktop pc running deludge in Ubuntu,Can I do the same thing in other smaller device ? Please suggest......

If I buy seagate goflex home, is that serve my purpose ? I have normal Dlink Router DIR-600.

Help needed.....Is there any device like Tondio plug available in India ?

I use my Dockstar / GoFlex to download even 100 GB + torrents and never faced a single problem. Its stable and could definitely handle it. The only issue, if there is a power failure or something it takes a while to verify the torrent.

Ya you can go for a GoFlex Home and you can configure it do basically anything you want! :p

Praks said:
@dissel
Dheeraj can give you advice on TonidoPlug.

Sadly, I too have not seen any review of HD2 showing downloading torrents. Friend of mine is planning to take, If he takes, will confirm.

You can use Asus N13U Router & connect external HDD, Use DD WRT & download huge size torrents.

Router option is the cheapest way, but I read somewhere N13U giving error when the torrent file download almost complete,correct me If I'm wrong. Do N13U able to take freeagent go HDD which don't need the extra power input.....I have two of them in different size.

Please share the HD2 torrent capability here, I think it will be helpful for many others.
varkey said:
I use my Dockstar / GoFlex to download even 100 GB + torrents and never faced a single problem. Its stable and could definitely handle it. The only issue, if there is a power failure or something it takes a while to verify the torrent.

Ya you can go for a GoFlex Home and you can configure it do basically anything you want! :p
AS I found GoFlex Home need external power,How is the longevity of that system as well as heat generation ? Do normal router (Dlink DIR-600 mine) work with Go Flex home ? How to configure GoFlex Home ? Is that torrent client command based and need to write down command each and every time when torrent file added ?

Please let me know.....ans also share some easy tutorial about GoFlex Home.

Thanks in advance......

dissel said:
Router option is the cheapest way, but I read somewhere N13U giving error when the torrent file download almost complete,correct me If I'm wrong. Do N13U able to take freeagent go HDD which don't need the extra power input.....I have two of them in different size.

It was with stock firmware but not when dd wrt landed on it.

thatsashok said:
@dissel varkey already posted link to a guide in the last page itself. A little googling might be even more helpful

Thanks for the link, googled earlier and hit that page many time,but can't understand a single stuff from there. Seems like author who is top of the line expert about this matter talked to himself or tagging some point/keynote for his ongoing project. No offence to anyone.

OK....after some goggling I found Asus RT-N16 is decent device with 2 USB port, My que anyone using it here ?

Is this device can take 320GB/500GB HDD Seagate FreeAgent Go (which is 2.5" HDD with no external power input) ?

This router got DD-WRT support as well as step-by-step guide line.

Which router with dd-wrt support

Simultaneous dual band

minimum one usb support for dialing usb modem

2 usb even better

I have E3000 in mind but anything else available ....

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

took the bullet with Belkin Play N600 HD Wireless Dual-Band N Router F7D8301

Fully dd-wrt compatible with both bands simultaneous

2 usb ports

Dialing usb modems available

mounting HDD available

so full torrenting support on my Sierra Wireless 595U

will update once i get it

Please tell me the Cheapest Solution(in terms of Consumption of Electricity it should be as less as 20 W or even less,while i should be able to remotely Access/Manage my Files too.
And it should have expandable sources such as 2TB or even more.

@Praks, if u looking for mailing feature for torrents, i have set it up using the script-on-completion feature of transmission. it works fantastic. i use flexget too which intimates me on everytime it adds a new torrent and it works great.

@sahil

lots of ways to access files. ftp, webdav, php... depends what your purpose is. almost all options here can handle basic ftp, which perhaps is the most preferred. goflex net pips almost eveything else when u see the price to value comparision. its is just so versatile and power efficient too. i have a 8tb nas setup (thanks again to @varkey) which also does torrents, media server, jukebox, blog web server... you name it, it does it all

Back