ICC World - Feedback Thread

Item Actual Weight Including Volumetric (lbs.): 0.66

ICC Shipping, Handling & Clearance Fees: Rs. 687Customs Duty: Rs. 503
Service Tax: Rs. 85.0

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total Due: Rs. 1,275

These people have now started charging service TAX wtf is wrong with them
They want to just dupe people

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a service provider, they must charge Service Tax. But, money will go into their pocket rather than the treasury.

What did you order. I realize my duty was higher because I had selected mobile accessories as the category. However, they don't have any option of 'mobile spare parts'. I am guessing that is just another one of their ploys considering they are duty free.

Item Actual Weight Including Volumetric (lbs.): 1.23

ICC Shipping, Handling & Clearance Fees: Rs. 767Customs Duty: Rs. 1,848
Service Tax: Rs. 102.0
Total Due: Rs. 2,716

Duty seems fine as value declared was $330. It's just that earlier we could ship at least 5 devices together and now the shipping works out to be pretty expensive. Any idea if package consolidation is working just like before.

I got my package from PPObox on August 26th and this is the worst time for us to deal with ppobox. Waited for almost 1.5 months but the package has not tampered/damaged & received in good condition. Now am planning to ship a mobilephone from USA. Is anybody use their service in recent time

Whats with the 10% discount. ? The shipping charges and stuff remains as high as ever , even higher than earlier

Total fees for shipment are below:

Item Actual Weight Including Volumetric (lbs.): 0.49

ICC Shipping, Handling & Clearance Fees: Rs. 859

Insurance Fees: Rs. 260

Customs Duty: Rs. 1,824

Service Tax: Rs. 138.0

Whats with the 10% discount. ? The shipping charges and stuff remains as high as ever , even higher than earlier

When was your item delivered to their hub in NY? Isn`t shipping for anything upto 500g ($10)

Don`t know how it came to Rs859 even with current forex rates!

When was your item delivered to their hub in NY? Isn`t shipping for anything upto 500g ($10)

That's the magic of ppobox. Never a clear explanation.
I had asked divyank about it, he told me 15% charges for clearing. Just like sns charges 200/300 as broker fees for clearing from customs

Last edited:

That's the magic of ppobox. Never a clear explanation.
I had asked divyank about it, he told me 15% charges for clearing. Just like sns charges 200/300 as broker fees for clearing from customs

15% of Customs? That`s too high, isn`t it?

Doesn`t SnS charge Rs50 for upto Rs500 and Rs100 for anything over that?

15% of Customs? That`s too high, isn`t it?

Doesn`t SnS charge Rs50 for upto Rs500 and Rs100 for anything over that?

I did not ask much cos insurance charges were lower . 260 for item worth 390$ seemed kinda low so I let go

It doesn't add up for sure . But this time I have asked for proof of customs duties etc., let's see..
Also now I notice mails cc are marked to some mahimraj and not Sanjay. Any idea about this

No unfortunately. I haven`t used them for the past 3-4 weeks.

Just checked a couple of SnS invoices from last week. Their broker charges are only Rs50 for customs upto Rs500 and Rs100 beyond that. It `s been the same for the past 1-2 years.

Only problem of using SnS now, is they got a problem of theft with USPS packages. Not many sellers use UPS or FedEx

Maximum cover is only $200.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 230
I got my package from PPObox on August 26th and this is the worst time for us to deal with ppobox. Waited for almost 1.5 months but the package has not tampered/damaged & received in good condition. Now am planning to ship a mobilephone from USA. Is anybody use their service in recent time
Sorry to bump old thread. Did you got your phone through PPO Box

Omg is that true -? Have they mentioned it anywhere cos I am bad at reading fineprint

Looks they`ve started providing full insurance cover. Though 2% is a bit high. SnS charges only $1 for insurance. Got an e-mail update from Sanjay today.

"We would like to inform you all that from now we are going to give insurance for total value of your shipment so our customer are secured. We have done this just for you so you are always secured. You need to pay only 2% of item value for it and you need to pay it before your packet is dispatched.

You will need to opt for insurance while you are creating the packet number in Enter a new shipment. If you had marked YES then you get insurance cover and if you marked no then you will not get insurance. This will be strictly applicable for all customer. If you took insurance and you receive the mail that your packet is shipped to India your insurance cover starts. If we did not receive your item then you need to claim from your seller only.

ICC maximum liability for any uninsured package will be USD $20. Therefore it is recommended you opt for insurance for any high value items. In the event that insurance is purchased on any shipment, you must verify the contents of your shipment at the time of delivery and raise any claim of damage at the time of delivery. Any claim raised after accepting the package will NOT be covered by insurance. So you or anyone who is accepting the packet should check at the same time and if any doubt do not accept it. Also, as long as your contents are intact you must accept your package at delivery, you may not refuse delivery for any package that is delivered to you in intact condition. All insurance claims will be cross referenced against the actual item invoice for proof of value and investigation.

This is effective for shipments created since monday 7th October onwards only.
So henceforth please take insurance for all your shipment.

Thanks
"

Back