IC : Group Order Nokia XpressMusic 5800 (Mumbai and Delhi/NCR Members Only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Works well. But could have been made better. Majorly the phone is too light to create an impression of good-built, even though it most probably is. @hanzy , now that you are using it, what do you feel about this ? Take out the back cover and you will know what i mean.

@the guys, if i dont get a good price till evening today or maximum tmorrow, i'll be booking my piece here in dadar. So let me know if anyone else also wants in.

PhOeNiX said:
Yep. But the guy said for teh buyback thing ,i need to block within today or tomorrow.

How are u planning to collect the prebooking charges from everyone? Will u be able to block without paying any token?

One of my friends ( pisen from TE itself) just got his 5800Xpress music booked for 20k.... He would have to pay Rs600 extra if he wants the Sennheiser headphones >>

Nope. The guys need to come in with me:p

Each booking has to be done on a seperate name, with complete details. Each phone will have a seperate bill.

Just talked to another NPD, their Combo with the headset is over. So i m gonna block today at the dadar one for myself. IF anyone else wants in , let me know.

Yes. The Sennheiser headphones are with the package, not inside them. So you will get the regular Nokia Package. Will confirm in 10 min.

Another Update : The "rear" panel is a "sweat" magnet !!! :O and the bundled cover is useless.....bloody so afraid to use it....will hunt a decent one today......btw , is it true that magnetic lock pouches cause issues with touchscreen phones ?

I haven't yet heard back from Shripad so I dont know what the position is at his end.

If u r also getting it for 19.5 k and if Shipad is not able to arrange for a additional piece for me, I will join u today. Let me know the time when u r going today.

@nikeel and shotgun - PMing you my contact number. I talked to him. The buyback is confirmed if you block before today or tomorrow.

I will be going to Dadar NPD today evening at around 7 to book the 5800 as per Phoenix's negotiated offer.

If anybody is coming do let me know

Guys, I have pre-booked my 5800 as per Phoenix's directions today.

As per what he has managed to negotiate with NPD Dadar, the phone will cost you Rs.19500 (after the dealer buying back your extra headset)

To avail of this offer, just walk in at NPD Dadar on Kelkar Road near Plaza and ask for Mr. Bhavin. If he is not there u can talk to any of their staff and tell them that u want to book the 5800 as per the offer negotiated by Phoenix (pls tell his real name :) ) with Bhavin.

Cheers !!

Thanks Phoenix !!

One interesting point I just noted on the prebooking slip I have got.

It says that if the customer does not get the handset before 31st December 2008, then the dealer has to refund the amount with 18% interest !! It also says the phone is likely to be launched in December 2008

I guess these slips were printed a long time back.

Yes. You will get it on 3rd January or 4th. Will be going tomorrow to book the phone.

I have recd a few PMs asking me how to give payment. I'll repeat it once again in bold

"I AM NOT SELLING THE PHONE. I AM HERE JUST TO HELP YOU GET THE PHONE AT THE BEST PRICE, SO I CAN GET IT AT THE BEST PRICE (Yeah, I am selfish too :bleh:). I AM NOT TAKING ANY PAYMENTS, ALL PAYMENTS HAVE TO BE MADE TO THE NOKIA PRIORITY DEALER. ALL I CAN DO IS PROVIDE YOU WITH MY CONTACT NUMBER, AND THE GUY'S CONTACT NUMBER SO YOU TOO CAN AVAIL THIS DEAL"

I will go tomorrow to book 2 phones. And i guess Jesal will be going too for his 2 phones. anyone else who needs the info, let me know. I'll PM you the details.

wish this takes off in a big way. i, for once have decided to play the waiting game. i made a mistake with the iphone 3g, then repeated it with the omnia but am now happy with my 3rd phone in as many months, the e71. im just very paranoid about the capacitive touch screen on the 5800. why cant they make it as sensitive as the iphone or the android flanking g1? im a heavy sms'er and i send about 60-70 smses a day. also, web browsing needs a good keyboard, as its really tough to have a teeny weeny one like the omnia did. the iphone wouldve been good if it were not for the shortcomings that we ALL know about. im waiting for a solid review of the 5800. and the sensitivity of the screen will be the litmus test for me.

sorry for spoiling the party here, being the wet blanket. but i am really keen on buying a 5800, as i feel its the most VFM phone on the market. but im surely not buying it in the frenzy thats going on right now. i apologize for the blunt reaction to the whole deal, but its quite cool to flaunt the newest nokia touch screen in the market, but if its not as usable or convenient or user friendly or quick to use as its buttoned counterparts, there's no point reducing productivity in favour of style(iphone3g style)

i know theres going to be a lot of people flaming my post, but mind you, im a prospective buyer of the nokia 5800, and a very serious one at that! but more cautious and wiser this time around!

cheers!

Dr. Frank

Very true. I would personally go against anyone who flames you.
I know how you feel. Yes, even though i am gonna definately buy the phone as i am not as patient as you most probably are, i agree with you. But the only thing is, there has to be a difference between a 30k iPhone and a 20k 5800 right? remove the great touchscreen from the iPhone, it becomes a lower level 5800 for most parts (Pardon me all iPhone lovers, just the way i feel). I was just talking to my friends, they were just teasing me about this phone purchase :bleh:. They asked me what i would buy, an iPhone or a 5800 if they were the same price. I chose the iPhone. I know the 5800 would have been a real iPhone killer if it had just featured a great TouchScreen sensitivity as the iPhone, but then, do you really think they would have priced it this low? Then their marketing strategy would have been a phone at the SAME PRICE as the iPhone which has everything the "i" has and maybe more. Now, it features some features a few better features, lacks in some places, but is cheaper by 10k.

Now all flamers, open another thread if you wish to counter me on the above points or anything. If you are in no way associated with the current deal, then kindly keep ur urges in control. I for one prefer to ignore such posts, but believe you me, i will really not leave a stone unturned if this thread spirals out of control.:gun2: :2guns:

Ok , now back on topic, anyone who is going to the Dadar place tomorrow, do let me know. I need to ask the guy there to keep a lookout for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back