IC : Group Order Nokia XpressMusic 5800 (Mumbai and Delhi/NCR Members Only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually even though I would personally not buy 5800 for myself, I did had chance to test it extensively for more than an hour. And to be frank, the touch screen worked really well even with finger navigation. you tap and take your hands off the screen, thats the best way to navigate this phone. And it feels very different than the iPOD touch or iPhone, but it does work well for this phone. Watching videos was blast, screen is really crisp and sharp and it is going to be really tempting device for the masses.

And thats going to be the problem with this phone as well. Everyone will have this, just like everyone running around with ipod everywhere. :p

But those who are skeptical about how the phone performs, it really does much better than I expected. I just somehow wish it was slightly heavier. I was absolutely sure i was gonna drop it while playing with it :p

Pheonix: I could not reach there yesterday, it was very late. I will go there today and book the dabba.
current phone abt to die,
BTW, just out of curiosity, I visited another NPD @ ghatkopar yesterday, and the bugger's did not have any clue on correct price, they mentioned it could be arnd 20-23K. considering that, is Divine (dadar) going to give us discount on 21879/- (MRP) or the official price that will be announced ?

shotgun said:
Pheonix: I could not reach there yesterday, it was very late. I will go there today and book the dabba.
current phone abt to die,
BTW, just out of curiosity, I visited another NPD @ ghatkopar yesterday, and the bugger's did not have any clue on correct price, they mentioned it could be arnd 20-23K. considering that, is Divine (dadar) going to give us discount on 21879/- (MRP) or the official price that will be announced ?

Even Fort NPD had no clue. He told me price will be within 20k-25k.

But the MRP is confirmed by Nokia and majority NPDs have confirmed Rs.21800 as MRP. So I don't feel there is any doubt on the price.

nikeel said:
Even Fort NPD had no clue. He told me price will be within 20k-25k.

But the MRP is confirmed by Nokia and majority NPDs have confirmed Rs.21800 as MRP. So I don't feel there is any doubt on the price.

yeh, i agree, im not thinking much on the price (whatever nokia fixes).
I was just wondering on the price after discount that we guys will get it at from Divine.

Think about it like this. Which NPD will be foolish enough to sell the phone below the MRP when they know they have the control over the market for the next month or two for one of the most awaited handsets nokia has made ? And then , you will go and book urself a piece at Dadar :p

Me going in an hour after lunch. Anyone wish to join me today ?

Ohh. Me have to go home soon. I am leaving in 30 min.

BTW , just talked to the guy there. He will guide ya with nay doubts etc. If needed, you can call me.

ok well i booked it finally. i did not get a reciept of the same though, just some stupid stickers, it says uve booked it by paying 2k blah blah. total balance now to be paid is rs. 17300 unless my math is very bad. i am not intereseted in those headphones anyways. so now i guess 10 days wait. he told me phone will come on the 3rd which is a saturday and can be collected then. so now the 10 day wait starts. oh and i got the BLUE one. red will out do the blue i know hence i chose the blue :eek:hyeah:

Lol. Booked 3 from my side, 1 for me, and 2 for some friends. Met shotgun there. He also booked his i think.

BTW , i took the NPD guy to the side and confirmed the deal. He said "Don't worry sir, i will handle it" . Guys, i request you not to misuse this deal and not leak it. Coz the guy said he can offer the buyback only for a limited number.

As jesal said, now a wait of 10 days.

Lol , i know. Anymore guys interested , i believe the headsets are gonna run out soon. After that , there will be none left to buyback. So book before tomorrow ends.

I actually didn't mention the color when I ordered yesterday. The lady from the NPD called me today to ask me which color I want. I am a bit confused between Red & Blue. Have seen the Red but haven't seen the blue. :(

You can chk the pic in the first post for a general idea. The red:blue ratio of the stock is 70:30 from what i have been told by many NPDs

hanzy said:
@ jesal and phoenix : congrats and trust me you guys wont regret the waiting period :)

thanks a lot mate. how much did u pay for the phone in dirhams ? my friend said it was for 1150 which sounded like a good deal too bad i did not fetch it then.....

@ nikeel go in ur area where they sell grey ones check out the blue color. i liked it more and booked it red is going to be too common just like the phone is going to be super common in feb itself.

jesal said:
thanks a lot mate. how much did u pay for the phone in dirhams ? my friend said it was for 1150 which sounded like a good deal too bad i did not fetch it then.....

@ nikeel go in ur area where they sell grey ones check out the blue color. i liked it more and booked it red is going to be too common just like the phone is going to be super common in feb itself.

:O 1150 is impossible man....surely a mistake/miscommunication somewhere the lowest price was 1440-1400.......and as i quoted earlier , its almost sold out there as well....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back