Google Nexus with ServePro warranty (ebay.in).

ravihpa

Disciple
Sep 21, 2007
Mumbai.
Hey guys,

I was searching for advice on a good android phone for around 20k, and after checking a few threads here, I came to know that one can get Samsung Galaxy Nexus phone from ebay for 22.5k after applying the ALLMOBILE1 coupon. It says you will get 1 year ServePro warranty. Is that any good ? I mean it is quite tempting as I was previously interested in getting the Galaxy S Advance phone or something similar under 20k, but after reading that S Advance has a lot of network issues, I've dropped the idea altogether.

So what would you guys suggest me ? Is ServePro warranty any good ? How is their service ?

Any help in this regards would be highly appreciated.

Thanx a lot in advance. Desperately waiting for a reply :)

greenhorn

Patron
Dec 29, 2005
i was told that servepro has a bunch of tie ups with a bunch of local shops, and their warranty isnt significantly better than a dealer warranty from a local dealer

ravihpa

Disciple
Sep 21, 2007
Mumbai.
Alright, I've dropped the idea of getting the Nexus altogether. akg7091 told me about banding and color issue with the Nexus' screen, and I did a lot of research on the internet and read quite a lot of threads on xda about this issue. Since the Nexus I am getting is imported from UK and hence without warranty, I've decided against getting this phone.

May be a Xperia S or an Atrix 2. Am still checking em out.

If you guys can recommend any other phone around the 20k range, that would be great.

Thanx for the help guys, and a million thanx to akg7091 for pointing out the problems with Nexus.

- - - Updated - - -

We finally got the Galaxy S2 :D Actually, all of this was for a very good friend of mine. It's his first Android phone, and we got it at 24.5k with bill and 1 year official Samsung India Warranty :D And we got the I9100 "non-G" version ;)

Thanx for the help guys :)