knoughtyd said:
Speeds up on My Side(Chembur).....I guess testing has been shifted here....:D

Got upto 1.8 Mbps...
awesome.gif
awesome.gif

Guys on central side getting these speeds..:) ..if not check now....:eek:hyeah:

And Funky 2mbps speeds still dere on Ur side..??:D

Yeah. its still 2mbps here. Full speed downloading :p
Now the problem is i cant think of what to download :rofl: ANd also running low on disk space :p
I though i had too much HDD space 2 months ago :p

Funky said:
Now the problem is i cant think of what to download :rofl: ANd also running low on disk space :p

So got any official confirmation frm Ur Dads Patient...:p

Funky ...Ne idea whether our speeds wud be just 256kbps after all testin is over with....or will it be increased...??

Even 512 wud be gudd..:D

Anyone know when the free d/l limit will be increased from 400MB to 1GB ? ( As reported by Times Of India. )

Also, price per MB in excess of free limit decreased from Re 1 to Re 0.5 ?

Lucky guys..

Lately my speeds have been 7kBps :|....

Also, Im supposed to get 1mbps night, Which I dont get coz the guy tells me I download over 15gb every month :S... Wth is Unlimited then?

Funky said:

what the heck!
i got only 24 kbps the entire night... damn mtnl!

hi,

adding more to what aditya has mentioned, this isp is igate networks and they have capped ppl who whave downloaded more then 15gb a month, when i speak to bhushan thekkar, igate networks, i am told that capping these 100 users save me a lot of money so its gonna be like this till u guys train ur net habbits by downloading at night where we will offer u speeds of 512k from midnight to 7 am and then it will be back to 7k.

i am askin where is unlimited that they say gone//???

is spectranet trying to to do or it is bhushan?????

i say we call upon the consumer courts to look into this coz this very soon will become another sify case....
what say aditya????

meh, seeing all you people capped on 15gigs on unlmited plans makes me feel safe on Airtels 256unlm where my monthly transfers go upto 40-60gigs pm since last year each month and not one complain from the airtel guys.

Something better than nothing, its not like I don't get 512kbps after 11pm each day :p :p

vishalk said:
hi,

adding more to what aditya has mentioned, this isp is igate networks and they have capped ppl who whave downloaded more then 15gb a month, when i speak to bhushan thekkar, igate networks, i am told that capping these 100 users save me a lot of money so its gonna be like this till u guys train ur net habbits by downloading at night where we will offer u speeds of 512k from midnight to 7 am and then it will be back to 7k.
what say aditya????

If u have the alternatives in ur area, then use igate for a month+ and then refuse to pay, that is if they dont collect it in advance. I did that with my cable net guy last year. F****** used to say why do i need low pings or no one can give more than 80 kbps for 750 bucks when bsnl was giving 256 kbps.

Well, I just talked to my ISP guy..

He told me hell gimme the double speeds at night now.

Also, he told me the infrastructure for 2mbps lines should be in place by 15th.

I dont think there are gonna be any unlimited schemes for iGate at 2mbps though. Not above 512kbps infact.

^Yep, nothing above 512. I'm with Bhushan and all as well.. need to get out. Just waiting for MTNL to launch unlimited plans in Bombay.

chic_magnet said:
^^ unlimited plans.. fugget abt it.. nights plans are good enough ..hehehe :p

When it comes to internet nothing is good enough. Unlimited is must to be honest and faster the better.
I dont mind paying if i am getting high speed unlimited access.
If tomorrow MTNL brings 2mbps unlimited plan for 2k i will take it. But it should be completely unlimited.

Back