Getting 200+ KB/s speeds on MTNL !!!

I guess d fun is getting over at my side coz me getting quite fluctuating speeds at start was getting really high speeds now its in d mid range arnd 70-40kbps but not a steady...cant think when MTNL completes all tests d speed will b restored to d orginial 30-25 bracket..:(

Just check modem ADSL status, that will have the link speed mentioned.

During certain hours there will be ups and downs. I am still on 2mbps.

When it comes to torrents, it depends on how many peers you are connected to and how many of them are actually fast uploaders.

When using azureus make sure you make max no of peers/ torrent to unlimited rather than default 50.

I am still getting good speeds on torrents.

Also keep in mind torrents may not give constant speeds or max capable speeds of your connection. The best thing to do is run 2 simultaneous downloads. That way you get pretty close to your connection limit.

Funky said:
Just check modem ADSL status, that will have the link speed mentioned.
During certain hours there will be ups and downs. I am still on 2mbps.

When it comes to torrents, it depends on how many peers you are connected to and how many of them are actually fast uploaders.
When using azureus make sure you make max no of peers/ torrent to unlimited rather than default 50.
I am still getting good speeds on torrents.

Also keep in mind torrents may not give constant speeds or max capable speeds of your connection. The best thing to do is run 2 simultaneous downloads. That way you get pretty close to your connection limit.

I was taking abt http downloads & surfing(gtting slowed in btwn:( )....
I know tat in torrents it basically depends on the seeds and peers...:)

Check my adsl status...It looks Ok though..:D

^^ damn man. only private torrents giving me max or close to 2mbps speeds.. bloody hell public torrents dont even go above 30-40kbps... no matter how long i keep them downloadin. :(... sheesh sucks..

its normally MU/RS downloads for me.. though i still got some torrents on.. they just dont give that good speeds. and infact keeping two torrents on reduces the download speed .. frigging hell! sheesh..

i`m not bad at torrents.. but i cant figure it out.. sheesh. .sucks

chic_magnet said:
^^ damn man. only private torrents giving me max or close to 2mbps speeds.. bloody hell public torrents dont even go above 30-40kbps...

Yup same here public torretns getting only arnd 70-60speeds while private is up dere...:hap2:

^^ i would use bit tornado instead of azureus.. but i dunno why the light stays yellow all the time on bit tornado... damned . i'm on bridge mode.. port forwarding shouldnt matter. sheesh... sucks really :(

techcheat said:
Ok guys, finally I joined the club... my parents MTNL connection is clockin at 1.3 mbps. The catch is that its only 250 mb per month with 200 phone calls connection. Now that airtel is not doing jack about increasing speeds, I am thinking of permanently switching over to mtnl and changing my plans... I just want to confirm if any Delhi MTNL users on night unlimited plans are getting 2 mbps....

Well i have MTNL 590NU plan and at least i am not getting 2Mpbs speeds. It's still 256Kbps:huh::huh::huh::huh:

Yep atleast here in mumbai they are expanding slowly but surely. My 2 more friends in andheri now have full 2mbps speeds. Both on NU590 plan. :D

Here speeds are sustaining well and not too many ups and downs. Torrents avg is 180-190kbps, HTTP/ftp always above 200.

Hey Funky almost everyone in my area got upgraded to 2mbps a few days back, but no luck for me yet, I'm using the UT-300R2U modem while rest are using Dlink 502T, would it make a diff ?? any other setting :huh:

Hey i'm using the same modem and having the same problem.
I'm on the 590NU.The speed test indicates 1.8Mbps but the darn download dosnt go beyond 50.Why me:( :(

Getting 100 kbps on MTNL NU plan at 1430 hrs on 15th jan.... :clap: :clap: :clap:

does the download get counted to the limit?? or should I just dwl everything... :eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah:

reply asap.....

Rhiannon said:
Getting 100 kbps on MTNL NU plan at 1430 hrs on 15th jan.... :clap: :clap: :clap:

does the download get counted to the limit?? or should I just dwl everything... :eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah:

reply asap.....

If u downlaod durin the day then it gets counted...and if u downlaod after 12 til 8am then its free...:hap2:

lol yeah man.. ^^ u better not download anything during the day at those speeds.. lol... or else your dead!! ...

its been a week now .. and i'm still on 2mbps.. hehehe :p nice nah ;)

Me in Andheri Lokhandwala and still not getting 2mbps even though a friend a few buildings apart is already getting 2mbps on his NU plan:(

Am i missing something?

Back