Farcry 4 - Discussion Thread

Taking over outposts is incredible fun with elephants! I spent most of my 4 hour session today doing side stuff... think I've only done about 8 campaign missions thus far and the rest has been exclusively side missions, Bell Towers and Outposts. Have to take up hunting more seriously now... need to up the arsenal.

Completed the game now with 34 hours of play time.Fully upgraded all skill points and all sorts of bags/holster.Seems to be a continuation of FC3 somewhat like the Half Life 2 Episodes.But the enemies are tougher now and seriously the animals drive me nuts.I always free outpost by the stealth route for the larger xp but more than once I have been pounced upon by one of these maniac animals which screwed up my approach.Weapons are also better than FC 3 but faced quite a few bugs.I upgraded weapons and stashed them in the outposts.Later on when I retrieved them I got the vanilla weapons sans any upgrades and then had to detach and attach the upgrades again to get them to work.

My loadout so far
1)AK47>>STG90>>FAMAS(Suppressed and Reflex sight upgrade)>>Bushman(The best assault rifle /workhorse and on the plus side its suppressed too which saves on sniper ammo)
2)M79(This sidearm is the one which I have stuck with the longest.Very useful while driving as accuracy is not of paramount importance and knocks out enemies in Jeeps with one shot)
3)M700 (Suppressed and Scope Upgrade)>>Predator(Signature M700)>>Z93(Suppressed and Scope Upgrade)>>SA-50(Suppressed and Scope Upgrade).This is my mainstay as I mainly play as a sneak.The SA-50 is a very nice surprise after the Z93 as it is suppressed and has the same stats as the Z93 which is a superb gun but is semiatomatic too.
4)PKM>>Buzzsaw(This slot is for shit happens and got used the most when pounced upon by those frigging animals or for taking out Heavies who had been alerted).But seriously check out the Buzzsaw as it takes down heavies with just 10-15 shots in Hard Difficulty.

But the baddest of all the enemies are the rhinos.Its ****ing impossible to kill one.I used to shoot one,run into the water when it chased me and the again repeat the process which is hectic as hell).

Among the special hunting missions watch out for the Rhino and the Thick Skin Elephant as these two are super tough.

I prefer shot gun to kill rhinos and still takes 6 bullets . Thats only if you are aiming at their head from very near.

I prefer shot gun to kill rhinos and still takes 6 bullets . Thats only if you are aiming at their head from very near.
You get headshots on a rhino with a slow pump action shotgun 6 times nd that too at close quarters ????:O:O
Do you backpedal all the time while shooting?

Found a easy way to hijack tower, why to climb the tower, when i can just land my buzzer and flip the switch :p

Nice! I'm doing it the hard way though... climbing some of them you really need to keep your eyes peeled and search for the jump/ climb spots. Done with all of the Outposts and Bell Towers in the first island. Second island is still locked for me as I haven't continued with the main campaign missions. Need to go for some wildlife hunting next! :)

Completed a few of the main missions today as well as doing a lot of hunting to upgrade the various Crafting items. The Rhino's in the game totally bad a*s!

Purchased the game online (&^%%* ubisoft tricked me to do so.:banghead:). Story completely lacks the punch of FC3. I am only interested in gameplay which they have been showing all along. Anyways I have 10 kyrat keys for ps3. If anybody wants it please pm me.

Last edited:
SPOILER WARNING.

DO NOT follow the link mentioned below if you haven't finished the entire game. This is why I have not linked the video to TE directly.

The offsite link contains a video and info that basically shows you how to finish the game in 30 minutes (no idea why anyone would want to TBH) and is also stated to include the "hidden" ALTERNATE Ending.

I haven't bought/played the game yet so I haven't personally seen the video or read the text on this page either.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/11/15/7225121/far-cry-4-alternate-ending-video

I concur. How do you kill it? Damn thing ran me over twice.

You could ride an Elephant and try and take it down from shooting it from atop. Also, the shotgun to the head works well against them. Do not however resort to anything that burns them, like Molotov or the Flamethrower... you will get damaged skin.

You could ride an Elephant and try and take it down from shooting it from atop. Also, the shotgun to the head works well against them. Do not however resort to anything that burns them, like Molotov or the Flamethrower... you will get damaged skin.
Same here.Killed that thing while riding an elephant.But be careful not to charge the rhino with the elephant.Use your shotgun for every hit or else the quest will fail as you used a non permitted weapon

@Marcus Fenix: Also, riding an Elephant and hitting a Rhino with the Elephant's attacks must do considerable damage to the Rhino no?
Do this only for normal rhinos and it is pretty darn effective.In the special hunting quest riding on an elephant will save you form counterattacks but use a shotgun only.After the items were crafted I always maintained a safe distance from these psychos.

Back