Farcry 4 - Discussion Thread

Completed the game this evening!! Completed all of the main quests, side missions and Shangri-La missions along with climbing all the Bell Towers and capturing all Outposts (on both islands)... this has to be one of the most action packed fun gaming experiences I've had since finishing GTA V last year. Choc full of solid gameplay, this one has quickly become the best title I've played this year. A thoroughly enjoyable experience which I cherished, every bit.

My in-game choices:

Didn't kill Amita and Noore, Made Sabal the leader of the Golden Path and Killed Pagan Min with a bullet to his head.

After those choices headed to YouTube to watch the other endings and the alternate ending as well. Cheers! :)

Did the same.

Finally done with the game. Really cant explain how the experience has been. Comparing FC3 and FC4 when i started playing the game did happen but then as i played found so many changes . Just loved it. I will love to play it on PS4 whenever i get one.

FC4-1.jpg
FC4-2.jpg
FC4-3.jpg

Holy God my saves have become corrupted and its asking to play a new game. Where can I get any save games where I was about to enter the northern island.

The background score is amazing in this game. I'm enjoying this so much. 40 hrs into the game. Lots of roaming around. 70% trophies done, but not on a strict platinum run. So much to explore.

Tried online too, it's pretty decent.

Made quite some progress into the game. Around 16 hours in and completed about 50% of the game. I have to stay it a bit boring. FC3 it wasnt this bad. But after like 10 hours in, i am trying to finish the game asap. Maybe just leave it. It just that there arent too many enemies to kill. The map is a little too big for its own good. The outposts are not much of a challenge. Hell even fortress are easy (finish 2 without even clearing mines or doing anything to make them easy). I say they should have made outposts like fortresses. Hoping to clear this asap.

Started playing FC4 on xbox360. Gaming after a long time. :)
Played some 7 hours completing 16% till now.

Frankly I don't see much difference from FC3 - most of the aspects of the gameplay are almost the same.
But loving the Indian set - "Oh Ben****, enemy" :D :D

All vehicles are LHD. Was it a mistake or they did it intentionally. Because IMO they did most of the part pretty Indian besides the cars.

Enjoying .....
  • Storming into a Outpost on an Elephant and kicking everybody's butt.
  • Flying that mini-copter and bombing from above.

Last edited:
All vehicles are LHD. Was it a mistake or they did it intentionally. Because IMO they did most of the part pretty Indian besides the cars.

Yup... the LHD on vehicles comes across as really odd. Also, did you notice the Auto Rickshaws have steering wheels instead of handlebar controls.

Stuck at 92% completed the game. If anyone can help me get coop trophies please do hit me up on PSN.
Is the co-op better than FC3 or still we cant change maps unless we are hosts?
I would like to. However I have played it only for few of hours thus still I am not to well with this game yet. Anyways if we are logged in at the same time then I can play with you.

Coop is different from FC3. It's campaign coop unlike FC3. So you can play the entire campaign with a partner.

I'm looking to get the changing lanes trophy (vehicular takedown from passengers seat). All the rest are complete.

If you are online you can ping me.

After playing around 40 hours, I have managed to complete 70% of the game.
Now doing those side missions (survival, hunting etc) and collecting stuffs as much I can (those are boring).

The characters are not as interesting as FC3. Sometimes it seems the game is trying too hard to be another GTA. The story I think has started to show its flaws.

The characters are not as interesting as FC3. Sometimes it seems the game is trying too hard to be another GTA. The story I think has started to show its flaws.

Agreed. Although I never really thought the Far Cry series reveled in it's strong stories and it was always more of fun game-play but when compared to Far Cry 3, this game's story does look weaker. Also, I would have liked Pagan Min to have appeared more in-game... he hardly does appear throughout the game.

Yeah,Main Missions are having alphabet A/S/Y or even W and 2 yellow khukri crossed or the golden path on the map .

@ Marcus,i am using M-79 as a sidearm . I have also unlocked 2 fortress and mastered 2 outposts . You can also try with a sniper and some animal bait . I have completed many side missions . Shangri La bells twice to unlock something that i dont remember. Best is to purchase a buzzer or the gyrocopter. I wish if i had the PS4,it looking so great compared to what i get on PS3 . But all in all its a good game,the more i am playing it and exploring - the more i am liking it.
How to unlock nothern part?

Back