Encounter with Noobs !!!!

Even IT/CS engineer can be a big big Noob.

------------

It happened during my final yrs Project.

NOOB no 1:

--------------

We got a project on shopping website designing,since I was the leader I made them do simple stuff initially like submitting synopsis to the proff ,data collection etc.

Initially,

Me : Give the project synopsis to the guide.

friend : what to write ??

Me: Just write a basic description on online shopping features etc ,see sites like ebay, indiatimes shop etc.

The next day my Proff called me and gave he a huge hearing for being the dumbest ,stupidest student I have ever seen bcos of my synopsis...

My stupid noobie freind just COPY and PASTED the damn info from this page and did not change even a single word and submited .AHHHH!!!

eBay Media Center: About eBay

NOOB 2:

----------

After 2 month, My another noobie project partner said that he want to run the project on his computer.

I said fine ,you will need Oracle 9i and will bring it.

I went to his room and saw a older version of Oracle.

Me : " Very old ...First Uninstall it the old version "

My noobie friend just DELETED the SQL plus Shortcut from the desktop and Said : " Ho gaya, Oracle uninstall ho gaya "

I was like AAAAHH ! :S.

I explained him that there are oracle files in the program files folder .Then he started deleted each file one by one from that folder instead from control Panel.....Man I got so frustrated as a group leader...AHH !!

raksrules said:
So this has happened with almost all of us at one point or the other. That is encountering a total noob (in terms of tech of course). So list down you encounters with total noobies

To start with,
In My office i had sent a video over bluetooth to a colleague. I even helped him start the bluetooth on his phone. Then at night he calls me and says that the video he deleted by mistake and can i send it again using bluetooth.
Lollzz :eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

This happened few years back when a friend of mine said that "Tereko pata hai ek software hai jisse apun log CD-ROM mein bhi DVD Read kar sakte hain"

LOL. exact same thing happened to a friend of mine.
He wanted to get a song over bluetooth from another friend of mine who stays 10kms away.:eek:hyeah:

He's been called Bluetooth ever since ! :p

Also encountered couple of noobs as far as basic computer knowledge goes...
The guy mentioned above is one of them.
:ashamed:

That said, we really shouldn't be making fun of these guys.

It happened during my first year of MCA, my 'senior' asked me how to scan photo. I told her to open the box, keep the photo on top HDD and use CTRL C and CTRL V in windows 95... She was convinced

Amien said:
Friend was BSing about some game-hack this other guy i know sent him via MSN. So one day i casually asked him to send it to me.

Me: "Dude, send me the latest xxx.exe na that you said xyz sent you."

Him: "Arrey yeah, that na, i sent it back."

Me: "Sent it back matlab? :S "

Him: "Arrey i don't know yaar, i dragged and dropped it into the window and it went back"

Me: " : | "

True story.

OMG :rolf:

H@cKer said:
Many such cases hppen with me.

I told one of my friend that I got a new gaming pc with an 8800gt 512mb and told him that the card costs 14k and he "said arrey maine toh 512mb ka card 3k mein liya,tere koh toh dealer ne loot liya"

I tried to explain him about the difference but he would not listen.

This is what most tech-geeks are subject to day-in-day-out :(

lol some were hilarious.

but it isnt really funny to make fun of these people. i mean cmon, i bet everyone is a noob in something. while these people are noobs in computers and tech-related stuff, we might be noobs in something that would be childs play for others.

After 12th I had signed up for a VB course and there were a few middle aged ladies in our batch who didn't even know how to operate the mouse and what right click meant.

viralbug said:
lol some were hilarious.

but it isnt really funny to make fun of these people. i mean cmon, i bet everyone is a noob in something. while these people are noobs in computers and tech-related stuff, we might be noobs in something that would be childs play for others.
We have absolutely no offense against any. We to have been these noobs once in our lives. But it is just to have a little bit of fun. We as it is do not name anyone specifically so that is fine.

Now come with your noobie experience :eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

9th Class in school there were 2 instances of a guy, made me LOL so much that whenever we have a reunion we pick a lot on him (Hez a teacher in C-dac now :p)

Roadrash was very uber those days, so he promptly brought a Floppy to my place and transferred the shortcut which was like in Kb's and he thought he had the game and went home elated!

after i broke his happy bubble he again came to my place with like 25 floppy's and tried to copy the whole directory through.

i Lol'ed all the way!

well i have experienced mostly the same things mentioned here.

i bet everyone has had atleast 1 guy telling him his 512mb video card is better than any others. some even bragging their on board :p

heres one experience:

noob: guess what guys, i bought a new pc yesterday!!

me: wow thats great. so what are the specs? what cpu you got?

noob: its compaq

me: okay. but what cpu does it have? how much ram?

noob: i told you na, its compaq. and you wont believe this, i got 80gb of ram!

me: errr, i guess that would be your hard disk. you must be having around 256mb ram.

noob: no man, the dealer told me this. he also said the pc had latest pentium 4 or something like that. he said it makes the pc verrryyyyy phassst.

me: well, yeah im sure it does. congrats.

yeah,once when i was in college my noob friend complained that he was not able to play music he copied from CD.

and what all he has done is he copied the audio tracks from Audio CD and he got only shortcuts.

many people just copy the shortcuts. had that a few times when few people wanted to copy programs/project files in college.

for most people, ipod is the term used for mp3 players! they dont realize that ipod is the name of an mp3 player manufactured by apple. all they know is ipod is something that plays music and manufactured by many companies. :p

tbh, it gets irritating and tiresome to explain everything to the noobs. most of them just dont listen and accept that what im saying is the correct thing. :|

This was talked about during my college days ( don't know how far its true :bleh:)

Our Principal came to the newly constructed Computer Lab. It was at a time when Internet was very nascent in India.
A comp.science lecturer was browsing emails
Principal went and asked the lecturer:
'What is your email'
Lecturer : "so and so"
Principal: 'what is your password'
Lecturer: :S:S:S

Dark Star said:
My friend came to my place just to see the new ipod and after playing with a bit he asked which company is this ipod come from ?

I had similar experience... I was waiting at my client's office, in lobby and listening to my iPod. One of the guy from his staff was doing TP at receptionist desk, he noticed my iPod. So he started talking to me, about how big is the space, how much I bought it for etc. First, he was shocked to hear that I paid 12k for iPod, but came back to earth saying, "Yeah, 20gb space hai to utna price ho sakta hai. Fir bhi thoda jyada me pada". I almost knew what was coming next. "Mein sanya ka iPod liya, 2gb ka space hai, mereko 2k mein pada". Now I knew for sure, the next line would be... "Apka kaunsa company ka iPod hai? Sony hai kya... itna mehenga hai to Sony hi rahega".

I had the strongest urge to kill him with the same iPod... I knew iPod is sturdy enough to kill someone with and still go on working... only god must know, how I controlled myself that day. Because, the next line was, "mera iPod mein bluetooth hai... apka iPod mein hai kya? kuch achha song rahega to transfer karoge kya aap?".... trust me, after this it takes hell of a will to control yourself.

iGo said:
I had the strongest urge to kill him with the same iPod... I knew iPod is sturdy enough to kill someone with and still go on working... only god must know, how I controlled myself that day. Because, the next line was, "mera iPod mein bluetooth hai... apka iPod mein hai kya? kuch achha song rahega to transfer karoge kya aap?".... trust me, after this it takes hell of a will to control yourself.

:rofl: :rofl:

iGo said:
"Yeah, 20gb space hai to utna price ho sakta hai. Fir bhi thoda jyada me pada". I almost knew what was coming next. "Mein sanya ka iPod liya, 2gb ka space hai, mereko 2k mein pada". Now I knew for sure, the next line would be... "Apka kaunsa company ka iPod hai? Sony hai kya... itna mehenga hai to Sony hi rahega".

After this i would have pushed him from top floor.

u still went ahead discussing...:rofl:

I went to a shop in NP around an year back and wanted to purchase a 512 mb 9600GT , the shopkeeper told me isse bhi accha card deta hun and promptly brought a 1 GB 8500GT :p

Back