Demon's Souls - Discussion Thread

The Blue Dragon is tough is it? Soul Ray could help perhaps? I'll have plenty of Fresh Spice just in case. How's King Allant?

Not tough per se, but time consuming. If you have a stock of fresh spice, then it's good. Just use the Soul Ray, combined with Ring of Magical sharpness, should inflict a good amount of damage on it. It's a 2 part battle, so have some patience. If you have your Compound Bow upgraded, then you can use around 140 arrows or so to take it down in the first half. The exclusively use Soul Ray for the next half.

Allant has a wide area of attack. Warding is extremely useful for his long and short range attacks. Magic does very little damage to him, so if you plan to spam soul ray/arrow, think twice. Also, his most secret attack is to grab the player and to deplete the soul level. I lost 2 levels due to this. So try not to get caught, when your up-close. Your Dragon Long sword should probably help out here.

:p

I went with Soul Arrow only for Tower Knight, Phalanx, Vanguard & Flamelurker. A bit for Red & Blue Dragon. That's about it. Then my hack-en-slash adrenaline kicked in and everyone fell at the might of my sword. :D

Is Dark souls difficult than this ? I'm asking since i didn't much difficulty once i pass through First Level its now challenging than difficult.

BTW - Sat down and finished Lollipop Chainsaw , now whole weekend for Demon Souls

Welcome back man. Hope your sickness has died down. :)

I completed the first boss of Dark Souls with ease as well. However, that's just the start. Since Dark Souls is open-world, you have much room to explore and not follow a set path. Which means, you could end up exploring areas, which are not meant to be visited on lower levels and hence causing deaths. But from what I've heard, we have mixed opinions from people who have played both the games. One of the reason why I want to start Dark Souls so badly. :p

Done with the Storm King and that completes World 4. :D

The Storm Ruler owned this guy and the flying mantas left, right and center. Casted Warding a couple of times and took cover behind the structure. Not to mention this level is INCREDIBLY useful for farming using the Storm Ruler. 5 minutes and 27k souls.

Leveled up to 71! Will begin 5-1 tonight.

Oh please! Wait a bit. :unsure:

I am at 5-1, almost nearing Leechmonger. The Giant Depraved Ones almost owned me at one corner. :O

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

Bah, this guy was easy. Probably the easiest of all bosses. Casted Warding, went near him and slashed him to death. He is weak to fire so my Dragon Long Sword +3 was very useful. He couldn't regenerate much. Another ideal strategy would be plenty of arrows. Although he'd regenerate his HP slowly, he'll die and not take notice of the player.

Allwyn, which one should I attempt next? 3-2? I recall you telling me 5-2 is a bit hard because of the poisonous swamps.

Ethan_Hunt

Oh please! Wait a bit. :unsure:

I'll wait, if you confirm starting the game, immediately after you end Demon's Souls. What say you?

Bah, this guy was easy. Probably the easiest of all bosses. Casted Warding, went near him and slashed him to death. He is weak to fire so my Dragon Long Sword +3 was very useful. He couldn't regenerate much. Another ideal strategy would be plenty of arrows. Although he'd regenerate his HP slowly, he'll die and not take notice of the player.

Allwyn, which one should I attempt next? 3-2? I recall you telling me 5-2 is a bit hard because of the poisonous swamps.

3-2. Once you defeat the Maneaters, the Old Monk (3-3) is piss-easy. So that should close world 3. In 5-2, it's easy to get lost and navigating your way through the poison swamp is a pain in the ass. Also, you can't dodge roll, once you enter the swamp. So DO NOT engage any of those giant depraved ones who are gathered around on a small piece of land. You'll get clobbered to death, I know I did.

But I don't have a copy of Dark Souls. :(

Hey what did you do to Yurt after you rescued him from his cell? Killed him instantly or at the Nexus? How hard is this guy?

But I don't have a copy of Dark Souls. :(

Oh come on! How long should it take you to snag the 360 version? Stop stalling and get to work. I honestly think this is the best time to try it out. I mean look at the weather man. It's so cloudy now and almost perfect for this game. :)

Our backlog can wait for sometime. But once we have completed both these games (one of which is already done), this should be an achievement for us. We are fresh out of Demon's Souls and embracing Dark Souls now would be perfect. Aren't we having so much fun discussing this game, as it is? :p

Hey what did you do to Yurt after you rescued him from his cell? Killed him instantly or at the Nexus? How hard is this guy?

I didn't do anything. Our paths never crossed after that. Suffice to say, he might have hooked up with Maiden in Black, whilst I was gone; or Yuria perhaps. :p

The twin Maneaters are slayed and the Old Monk is no more! :yahoo:

That completes World 3 along with World 2 and World 4. Died twice in the level 3-2 Fool's Idol Archstone because of my carelessness and fell down from the stairs. However, this level was fairly easier than 3-1 and other than those Gargoyles who keep spawning out of nowhere, there weren't any other major threats here. Even those Black Phantom Mindslayers were pretty easy.

As I entered through the fog, the Maneater whose eyes were glowing in red like those Gargoyles steps in and almost pounced on me. Rolled to safety and started slashing him. Fortunately, I had casted the Warding spell and did not take much damage. And then towards the end, his friend steps in and aids him. Concentrated on finishing the first one and then the next. It was pretty easy however. Care needs to be taken not to fall down from the narrow walkway though. I used to keep circling around that torch most of the time. Went back to Nexus, spent those souls on stats upgrades and returned to 3-3 to finish off the final boss of this world - Old Monk.

Currently, at Soul Level 83 and 38 hours into the game. World 1-4, 5-2, 5-3 remain!

So yeah, looks like I am going to complete the title in a day or two max. ;)

I died and died and died again lost plenty of my souls, that ****ing dragon.

I felt that bosses are easy compared to other enemies in the game , was also watching Dark Souls Advice by the same guy and as per him Dark Souls is more balanced and bosses are really tough [ ugly too ] in Dark Souls

I died and died and died again lost plenty of my souls, that ****ing dragon.

Which Dragon? 1-2 Red Dragon?

I felt that bosses are easy compared to other enemies in the game , was also watching Dark Souls Advice by the same guy and as per him Dark Souls is more balanced and bosses are really tough [ ugly too ] in Dark Souls

Amen! Bosses (majority of them) are piss easy in this game. They could easily be over-powered with magic attacks. I also spent quite a good amount of time today going through his Dark Souls channel. The best thing I like about this guy is that he explains every single detail as he plays the game and not just rant incoherently about random things. It got me even more charged up to play Dark Souls now. Bosses need to be tough. I mean that's the whole point of grinding a level; to encounter at least one major resistance. They also say that going by magic alone, won't get you that far in the game, like it did with Demon's Souls. :p

Those archers ! And now I'm able to parry most enemies as magic won't last long , which sword or one hand weapon should I get ?

That guy is great as per him dark souls is the most satisfying experience ever in gaming history and game feels more balanced the only issue for me is frame rates the game drops to 15fps sometimes

Back