Custom Chip For PS3 JB

Status
Not open for further replies.
^Link doesn't open from office.

I am assuming it is Gaia Manager v1.01 released on 20th Oct. '10. Download that, unrar it. It has 2 files. Just put one of them which reads gamez.pkg in a FAT32 formatted pen drive.

Plug the JB chip on the PS3 and boot it off that. Then plug the pen drive that contains this file and install the pkg files within the Games drop down menu in the XMB. It will install it and by default, select dev0_GAMEZ as the default folder.

Go to Gaia Manager. Hit R1 to enable the ftp and use the ftp client such as Filezilla, transfer the game folder to the GAMEZ folder and you are set. Assuming you have set the IP address and stuff.

Yeah thats the one , the link works in my office.

Isn't there a manual for this ? I would first be ripping MGS4 :)

no manual. just open the manager and there will be a option to rip/copy the game.

guess that destination will be internal.

LOL what manual do you want? Do as I suggested and all would go well. If you get it right once, it would be a walk in the park next time. :)

And there is no option to rip the game within the manager, talking of Gaia 1.01. If you have the game folder in your desktop, copy it to the internal drive using the ftp client. As simple as it gets. Smaller files take a longer time whereas a single big chunk of file copies much faster. I was getting speeds of upto 20MB/s using the Gigabit port.

ummm... actually there is an option to backup from disk. just select the copy button when you are selecting the bluray game.

Oh n btw... hermes v4b is ready with a few surprise features in it :) krashnburn has been beta testing it for me. i'm online via my cellphone right now. will put it up as soon as i'm at a desktop.

Btw.... Mgs4 has a problem, it gets stuck at a particular level where it enters PS1 emulation mode to show a scene from the PS1 game. as the jb currently doesn't allow for Ps1 or ps2 backups , it fails. work around is that you load a save game from after this point.

what surprise features?

I just wish these guys inlcude support for few video/audio file formats also. :S.

if i told u it wouldn't be a surprise. well... 've already mentioned it in the thread and seems to be the hot topic in the scene right now. guess !

I'm getting ASUS RT-N13U this weekend which would also act as 24X7 download rig.

dhruvrock2000 said:
if i told u it wouldn't be a surprise. well... 've already mentioned it in the thread and seems to be the hot topic in the scene right now. guess !
???................

dude... PSN compatibility. yep you can now play online and there is a very low chance of getting banned as sony never anticipated this scenario and so doesn't have a database of dev system ids to compare against.

its totally optional ofc.. you can choose whether you want to risk it. your choice ... if u get banned, u cant blame anyone but atleast you can enjoy some multiplayer black ops right now !

^nope. Not without the user accepting the agreement. There's no way the console will download the firmware automatically and install it.

I am a bit skeptical here.

Just like the umd for the psp came with the latest of the firmware i think PS3 game discs can very well be next in line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back