Custom Chip For PS3 JB

Status
Not open for further replies.
m-jeri said:
@dhruv.

can u make a tutorial mate. in a seperate thread.

Just about updating and all. people have been telling this for some time.
its a 2 second job mate... on button to select the hex the other to flash... what other tutorial do you want mate ???? lemme know if you need clarification. and mate i have cllege n all so its hard to go about making threads for everything. u got a question , just ask. ok , enough of a rant . from the cellphone so excuse any typos...

Dhruv buddy, I am interested in one JB chip too. I apologize for not going through the 76-odd pages before this, but is there are any details I need to know about the chip before getting it, please let me know. I'll be coming to Delhi in December and thats when I will collect it from you.

Desecrator said:
You could just buy one from any Croma/Reliance Digital outlet. Last I heard the 120GB retailed at the 19k mark. There is no point in investing in the 250/320GB console. You can always swap the stock internal drive with a higher capacity one for cheap.

And please stick to the topic.
Guess what ? Bought the 160GB version for 18.3K shipped. I guess its a very good deal for the newer 40nm RSX. I just hope its 3.40 or everything goes back to square one.

Will be getting it today.

Yep. You can downgrade to 3.41, but it's not out in the open just yet and the device is only available with a select few. It's not long before that would be ported to other devices too.

Yeah...you can downgrade. It'll get ported to other upgradable dongles as soon as it gets released :D

Another thing, I don't think the 160 Gb version has the 40nm RSX. The 160 Gb version only had the improved heatsink. The 320 GB Move bundle had the new 40 nm RSX :)

Finally got the chip , ripping MGS4.

Accidentally while launching Gia Manager when it asked for Gamez folder i pressed Back and launched again so what is my current folder , as Desecrator said we need to select that folder does it matter ?

It'll probably be LAUN12345 or OMAN45678 You can check up on it via FTP

Btw... i'd told u earlier as well. MGS4 will get stuck at one point in the game.

If it's a fresh install, then GAMEZ in dev_hdd0 would be your default games folder. If you have had any previous back up manager installed, then it might have accepted that directory.

Ok , here is something happening i copied over MGS4 took me exactly 1 hour but when i tried to play the game PS3 goes stale (twice), is it because i had selected a wrong folder in Gia Manager ?

And whats that Disc Less does it enables to run games without putting in the disc ?

PS3 goes stale? How exactly did you try to load the game?

Disc less mode is basically used to play some of the games without the need of an actual Blu-Ray in the drive. The compatibility is severely limited, so I suggest placing a disc in the drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back