Crysis 2 - Discussion Thread

I really never understood the Hatred towards Crysis 2. Now I'm only talking about Single Player campaign.

The gameplay was pretty damn good. It was something different from your typical run-and-gun approach.

If you play it on super solider , then having a good tactical approach is the only way out. You just can't run and gun and survive. 2 shots and you are dead.

That forced you to use the suit's power more efficiently and smartly.

Yes it's true that you can skip past most of the firefights , but then you are a pu$$y. If you play it like it's supposed to, you're going to have lot's of fun.

To top that, the campaign was quite long. It easily lasts 8-10 hours on Normal difficulty and add two more hours for the Supersoilder one. (Unless you are skipping past everything )

Graphics wise, it's awesome. Now I played it on PS3 and it looked mind blowingly awesome.

People can argue how the trees are low res and and not everything is destructible like the first game, then it had to be done to for console limitation.

But when you are actually playing the game and not staring at the pixels , it looks as good as it can be. It looked photo realistic.

PC games would have even better graphics/

Now I know PC fans are hating on Crytek for "dumbing down" the game for consoles, but it has to be done.

Crysis was the most pirated game for it's year of release (Source: http://gmtristan.com/crysis-is-most-pirated-game/ ) .

Crytek is in this business for Money , and if PC can't generate enough revenue , then they have to look to consoles.

On a side note: http://www.joystiq.com/2012/01/03/report-crysis-2-is-the-most-pirated-game-of-2011/

If the same game was released and it was not a sequel , I'm sure people wouldn't be hating this game this much.

Having said that, I do agree this game is not without flaws. The AI can be stupid sometimes and , aliens seems to run into the walls too much.

And the final Boss fight was a joke.

Story was a yawnfest , and ending was wtf??

But again, when it comes to core gameplay , it was so much fun. Playing it in 5.1 surround sound was pure joy.

And I do like Crysis 1 much much more than Crysis 2. I miss Korean solders.
<

It was a better game IMHO, but that doesn't make Crysis 2 a "bad" game.

It is a pretty good game on it's own.

Just my 2 cents.

The only thing I look forward on sequel how much of progression has it made to previous one if not much then it's not a good sequel

Crysis 2 was easily the finest of the first person shooters in 2011 (just accounting for single player campaign). Loved it even more on a replay with DX11 + HRT. I did miss the open world from Crysis, but I suppose that is due to the urban nature of the game world. Even so, it is far more dynamic and less linear than the likes of CODx or BF3.

Absolutely loved the twist on the personal persistence theory - it is perhaps the most interesting narrative/philosophical element ever explored in a video game.

The part i hated most in-game was the ending ... there was noone. It just ended. And all that running and gunning felt so useless.

I had hardly played any MP before (except CS of course) and I liked Crysis 2 MP.

Played for around 150 hours.

No comment on campaign - I didn't complete that.
<

Really loved Hans Zimmer's music in this game.

Hans Zimmer is the composer who made music for Inception, Pirates of the Caribbean and many other great movies.
<

Yes, the score was fantastic - not just Zimmer but Borislav Slavov and the other guy who's name I can't recall right now. One of Zimmer's best works. Particularly the main theme, very innovative and fits Crysis 2 perfectly.

Yup! Was totally addicted to it...i love how it starts of slowly and then gives an epic theme! It goes with the Alien theme.

However I love Crysis 1's theme too. It's quite good too!

Just finished Crysis 2, finally, 2 minutes back! Great game!

I actually feel the Crysis series is a bit underrated, its not just the graphics, but the gameplay is challenging, variating, gripping and skillful. Every level is unique and the enemy A.I. is excellent.

My rating: 8.5/10

Gud job
<
. Glad you liked it. I guess the expectation from crysis 2 after playing 1 and warhead might have been the let down for many. Comparatively, one was a better game, innovating in so many respects.

One was a better game , no doubt!

But considering what they ave achieved for consoles, I guess PC fans are pi$$ed off!!

It's a great game still!!

I'm on a second playthrough of this game. I'm not getting more than 30-40 fps on the following configuration:

AMD Radeon HD 5870

AMD Phenom II X6 1090t

6 GB RAM

I remember playing this game about a year ago on this same configuration and I got a full 60 fps on max settings. I've also updated the graphics drivers to the latest version (12.2).

Solutions anyone?
<

Back