Crysis 2 - Discussion Thread

Anyone having issues after installing Patch 1.9?

I am using a legal copy and Crysis2 was running fine until it got updated to 1.9. The problem is that the previous saved games, resume game options don't work as it shuts down and comes to MS error reporting service. Also i tried deleting the profiles and then installed a new copy but still the problem persists.

Finally got the patch and played the game on ultra settings, but whenever i load or resume the game it crashes, anyone with similar condition, any help

CA50 said:
Finally got the patch and played the game on ultra settings, but whenever i load or resume the game it crashes, anyone with similar condition, any help
It got fixed for me after I moved from the "other version" to the "legit version". If you are running the "legit version" and still there is an issue, cry to Crytek. Heck of a lot of people seem to be having the same issue but they seem least bothered.

Another thing is that a lot of people are saying that Crysis 2 makes use of tessellation everywhere, and even in places where it is utterly not needed. It seems to me that when there was a huge backlash when the game launched, and Nvidia paying theme a lot of cash and all, they just went ahead and did whatever they could in as little a time as possible. Sure it runs a lot slower now, but that favours Nvidia a lot and helps to get those unsold 590's off the shelf. I really hope they release a newer patch with a lot more optimization. Crysis 2 currently does utilizes multi-core CPU's but it still does not use the single biggest feature of DX11 which is multi-core rendering. That should speed up things. I cannot believe that it is almost two years since the launch of DX11, and the only game which actually uses all the advanced features of DX11 is a turn based strategy game!

is dx11+hi-res textures worth the bandwidth??

nish_pinto said:
After applying Crysis 1.9 patch. This is how Crysis 2 should have been when it was launched in the first place.

did u install the dx11+hi-res textures or only the patch

yes i installed both the packs, to be frank there was hardly any difference i could make out. Not really worth the bandwidth. DX 11 was over hyped.

^^ on a side note : Lost Planet 2 looks fantastic with tessellation.

yes i installed both the packs, to be frank there was hardly any difference i could make out. Not really worth the bandwidth. DX 11 was over hyped.

You've dismissed it too easily, check out the links I posted in my last post, pretty good graphics and a huge bump up on dx9.

It is bad but not as bad as Brink . Brink is plain stupid. I would like some bonus for stealth gameplay. With stealth we are losing the alien tissue to unlock perks which do not make any sense to play stealthy.

Back