Cheated by Jainex computers, SP road, Bangalore EDIT: Resolved

artattak

Disciple
This is my first post on Tech Enclave and its too bad that its a complaint. I recently went to SP road to get computer hardware to assemble my rig. I was aware of a few reputed places like Golcha, Ashirwad and jainex so i went everywhere inquiring about availability and Prices. I found Jainex computers to be very fair in terms of their pricing as well as service so i brought a corsair 400 D cabinet and a 1TB WD caviar black. He sold me the HD for 6200 + 5% Vat. Now after a few days i had assembled my rig and installed windows and other software, i went to the WD site for registering my drive. I knew that the caviar blacks have 5 years of warranty and i found the warranty was expiring in June 2013. I followed instructions on WD site and mailed support for an update on the warranty from the date of purchase. To my shock WD support mailed back saying that Jainex has sold me a replacement drive that was sent to a customer on 4th of April. They asked me to return the drive back and ask for a new one and to get the serial number checked from them to establish if the product is new.

I have mailed Jainex and waiting for a response. I was considering getting my other Hardware and the GTX 680 from them but this incident has put a huge question mark on the credibility of this dealer and its business practices. Will update on how it goes with Jainex on this issue.

Regards

artattak

i7 2600k 3.4 ghz

P8z68 v pro/gen 3

Corsair Vengeance 8 gb

Corsair 400 R

Corsair TX 850 V2

If i go to a shop and pay the price of a brand new piece then i expect the shop to give me new hardware only . In the OPs case the shop has clearly given a refurbished piece as new which is plain cheating . I bet this is not the first time they are doing this not many customers are smart like OP to check the warranty and stuff after they make the purchase....hope the cheats dont agonize him more and give him the product that he has paid for .

Sue them if you have to. Pull them up in Consumer forums etc.

Such things are allowed to happen only cuz we gen take it lying down.

Had u been given a refurb product, but with full warranty.. it would have been fine. But this is blatant cheating and unethical business practices. Dunno how many such cases have been made out by the seller to up his profit.

Well I guys, may be the shop guys gave it by mistakely ? I am not sure about packaging difference between new & refurb, so I cannot say much.

appears as if someone here is an insider from Jainex...
<

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Not to mention that i wasted my time and energy on the drive installing software and dumping a backup of 500 gb from my old drive which had failed a DST and now i don't have another drive sitting idle to move all this data before asking for a replacement.

^^ Well the shop guys should know what they are selling. All OEM drives comes sealed in an anti-static bag, even the refurbished replacements. There is no other packaging to it. Its a lame excuse to cover up the so called mistake.

Just had a phone conversation with someone at Jainex and they are telling me to come and then they will sort it out. I told him i want a new drive which has the 5 yrs warranty or a cash refund. Other then that i am not going to waste my time going to there shop. The guy tells me the new drives have 1 year warranty - I told him to look on the WD website and that i also have a mail from the WD support confirming the 5 years warranty. Then he tells me he'll talk to his boss and give me a call back. Shady business practices anyone! I wonder how these kind of dealers are still in business.

^LOL, if you think I am from them, then you are wrong. I don't even know the shop. I just assumed there could be a mistake. Anyways I will have my posts deleted before I get trolled badly
<

the guy is just trying to be neutral or thinking from a different perspective , does not make him an insider ! .

Anyways for me this is cheating but I were you , I would have already checked on the WD website and then bought the HDD .

Thats what I did , the shop owner was talking of crowd and all , I told him , you want my 4.5 k then show me the warranty details or there is a shop besides you .

Well, I go to SP road quite often and what I have seen is that the shop keppers there keep a whole lot of HDD's together in their sealed packets. There is no box or anything for them. It could be a mistake or could have been intentional, I dont know, but I would call the seller rather than emailing him.

I have mailed Jainex and waiting for a response. I was considering getting my other Hardware and the GTX 680 from them but this incident has put a huge question mark on the credibility of this dealer and its business practices. Will update on how it goes with Jainex on this issue.

a mail won't do. they will just ignore it ! go back to the shop with a copy of the response you got from WD support and give them a piece of your mind

Update >>

Went to Jainex today and they entirely blamed the distributor for the incident. He tried to salvage his reputation by saying that WD drives particularly the blacks are mostly imported and not easily available, so they depend on the distributors and earn only a very short margin. He called up the distributor in front of me and gave them a dressing down. Got a replacement and checked the warranty online and it was expiring in December 2016 - 5 years would be in 2017. He assured me that this one is a legit one and that i won't get another one with more warranty ( He rang up a few dealers in front of me to check availability ).

He also charged me 350 bucks more saying that the prices fluctuate everyday. 4 years of warranty was good enough for me so i took it as no one was giving a better deal. Golcha was quoting 6900 + for the same drive. I have mailed the serial number to WD support and will get a response on Monday. If its new then all is fine but if this one also turns out to be a replacement then i don't know what else i can do. I have asked WD support if they can take any action from there side. Lets hope for the best.

Thanks for your support
smile.gif

Cheers

PS: Also bought an ASUS GTX 680 from Golcha
wink.gif

You shouldn't have paid extra 350. After all hassles & waiting, plus time waste, you had to shell out more money.

Anyways hope it's a brand new one..

You shouldn't have paid extra 350. After all hassles & waiting, plus time waste, you had to shell out more money.

Anyways hope it's a brand new one..

Well had no option. He was ready to return my cash but at the end of the day i needed the drive and didn't want a seagate because they aren't just reliable anymore, had 3 instances of seagate drives failing in a span of 1 year.

Back