Cheated by Jainex computers, SP road, Bangalore EDIT: Resolved

I used to purchase from Jainex never faced a issue as such.According to me he is a very trust worthy guy in SP road after Dinesh of Aashirwad computers

I used to purchase from Jainex too. Knew the guy behind the counter for three years. Last August, when I made a big purchase, he almost matched Newegg prices for me. Good thing was, he used to get me whatever I wanted no matter which dealer had it. I even bought replacement parts for laptops from him.

Sadly, the person I knew Gautam is nowhere to be seen. Visited the shop last week, and found two or three new guys who are totally rude and don't know how to sell.

So, I am looking for a new joint to hang out at SP road now
captain.gif

I used to purchase from Jainex too. Knew the guy behind the counter for three years. Last August, when I made a big purchase, he almost matched Newegg prices for me. Good thing was, he used to get me whatever I wanted no matter which dealer had it. I even bought replacement parts for laptops from him.

Sadly, the person I knew Gautam is nowhere to be seen. Visited the shop last week, and found two or three new guys who are totally rude and don't know how to sell.

So, I am looking for a new joint to hang out at SP road now
captain.gif

Yes you are right gauSs. I came to know that the person behind Jainex's success Gautham Jain is no longer with the shop. He has dissolved his partnership and he is gonna open his own shop. No wonder instances like these are happening now.

do i smell commission ??
indifferent14.gif

j/k
devil2.gif

Guess i should stop helping folks who want hardware at good prices. People like you deserve to be cheated by folks like Jainex.

According to you if some one reccomends primeabgb for hardware, they are making money. Get this into your peasized brain. We in TE are here to help and not make commissions as said by you. Henceforth stop whinning in TE if you get cheated.

Guess i should stop helping folks who want hardware at good prices. People like you deserve to be cheated by folks like Jainex.

According to you if some one reccomends primeabgb for hardware, they are making money. Get this into your peasized brain. We in TE are here to help and not make commissions as said by you. Henceforth stop whinning in TE if you get cheated.

err... a bit harsh, He was just kidding

Just becuase his post contains a smiley it doesn't become a joke.

metalspree sir, i was just kidding. i did not mean to offend you in anyway and i apologize if i did so in any way. it was meant to be taken in a light manner. guess i should stop the jokes.

sorry once again

#[member='gauSs'] try Aashirwad Computers , its the official store for Bangalore TE members
tongu23e.gif

I have just relocated to Bangalore. Need to buy some PC peripherals and planning a upgrade too. How good is Aashirwad in terms of service and prices. Do they showcase some droooling stuff?

I have just relocated to Bangalore. Need to buy some PC peripherals and planning a upgrade too. How good is Aashirwad in terms of service and prices. Do they showcase some droooling stuff?

Been to their shop, they have all the drool worthy stuff. But lack companies like Roccat, NZXT et al.

Shops which stock the above brands --
  1. Golccha Inter Trade -- the default Bangalore head for NZXT, every other shop ends up having ~1000/- hike over his prices for NZXT, he also stocks other companies like Tagan [their coolers apparently] and eVGA [before it announced it world wide warranty policy], also stocks Antec SMPS and cases. Has a tiny shop chock-full of the latest and the greatest.
  2. FUEL NOX -- local head for Roccat products and a few other niche brands, I think they introduced Bit Fenix to Bangalore, problem is half the time this shop is closed.

I have all their numbers too, even Gautam Jain. I will need to speak to him about what happened, S.P. Road is a cesspit of splintering factions it seems.

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

The rule is simple. You get what you pay for. If you want perfect peace of mind, go for a top notch seller even if he charges 10% extra. That 10% is a price to avoid such hassles.

The rule is simple. You get what you pay for. If you want perfect peace of mind, go for a top notch seller even if he charges 10% extra. That 10% is a price to avoid such hassles.

And who is this top notch seller according to you if you don't mind me asking?

Latest update>>

I had mailed the serial number of the exchanged drive to WD to confirm if its new and also suggested that replacement drives should be branded on the label so that this kind of cheating and misuse can be prevented.

Got this mail from WD support>

Subject

Update warranty-042412-9921305

Discussion Thread

Response Via Email (Erik M) 05/01/2012 07:27 AM

Hi Rohit,

Yes, serial number WCATR953****is a new drive. The default warranty starts from the manufacture date. That is why the current expiration date is 27-DEC-2016. If you give me the exact purchase date, I can easily update this for you.

As for our drives mentioning that they are recertified, this is an interesting issue. Our recertified drives typically say this on the label and even have it etched into the side of the drive. However, for the past few years, two countries, India and China, have prohibited us from using this on any product we ship into the country, including product used under an RMA. Recently, India has become a little more lenient. But this has only been in the last couple of months. Unfortunately, this has caused a few instances like yours and we try to work with you as best as we can. I certainly appreciate your understanding and patience.

Sincerely,

Erik

#artattak congrats buddy, you got some good service here.

Sad to know that Jainex Computers has also gone down the same path that other shops on S.P. Road are all to willing to take, I remember the shop-master at Ankit Infotech refuses to speak to me, because I just browse through his pricing.

Any idea why Indian govt. doesnt allow refurbished drives to be labelled as such?

No idea Akash. I recently purchased a fully sealed Green Edition 1TB drive that had been RMA'ed by the seller and on the anti-static bag the remaining warranty was written. Good enough for me, will register it soon [within this month hopefully].

Any idea why Indian govt. doesnt allow refurbished drives to be labelled as such?

Can't think of any other reason other then lobbying/palm greasing by the big distributors of computer hardware in India so that they can make a fool out of their customer and in turn themselves (Pun intended).

Back