Can I use paypal with Debit cards?

I have a yes bank silver debit card (Master card). Can i attach it to my paypal account and use it for transactions??

Second thing is, will i get charged in any way like yearly fees for using, or sending money/receiving money etc anything if i use that debit card with my paypal because that card is of my dad??

Will there be any income tax issue also as the card is of my dad??

I tried all my Indian Bank Debit cards, i added them successfully. paypal will deduct small portion of money and they will send one unique code for verification. i passed this verification process. but when i tried to pay using this card it will show an error "We were unable to verify your credit or debit card. To proceed with your purchase, please select a different payment method or add a different credit or debit card, then click Continue"

You can add corporation bank debit card and Axis bank debit(master card) on paypal and it works fine as i am personally using one from axis bank on paypal for my transaction's.

dragon_unleashed said:
You can add corporation bank debit card and Axis bank debit(master card) on paypal and it works fine as i am personally using one from axis bank on paypal for my transaction's.

Thanks for the info....

Even I have an Indian Bank account and they have given me a maestro debit, and one day I saw a friend have an Indian bank master debit card. So the next day I went to my bank branch and asked them to issue me a Master Debit card, officer replied by saying that they give on maestro card.... ???? wft

@dragon_unleashed - Which account do you have? I would like to open an account in Axis bank if I can do transactions using Axis debit card. What is minimum deposit in Axis bank?

I believe they are not Accepting Debit cards of the Indian Banks cos most of them have Dual layer Security.

I tried SBI,ICICI and HDFC all failed.

Rahulrulez said:
@dragon_unleashed - Which account do you have? I would like to open an account in Axis bank if I can do transactions using Axis debit card. What is minimum deposit in Axis bank?

Actually I am using my brother's Axis bank salary account debit card as i don't have an account in that bank, whenever i want to do a paypal transaction I deposit money to his account and then do the paypal transaction. And I think this should also work with saving's account as they give Master Debit Card for savings account.

Debit cards won't work with PP.

You need PAN and a bank to recieve the payment though. No fees are charged even for transactions below 7k these days.

Back