Buying from US - Best Deals - Discussion Thread

Nah it wont be big packaging I am guessing. Its a small box which weighs less than a pound. I might actually write to Amazon now that you've told me this. Thanks Chetan.

Gannu PPO box aint good for importing big box even if the weight is less. they may be claiming to charge less compared to SNS etc, but PPObox charges on volumetric basis,. and god forbid if the seller decides to pack it in a bigger box to keep it safe during transit. you end up paying more than what you bargained for.The earlier team @ ppobox was good and understanding. Now some new guys have come up and dont even bother to give you a patient hearing. Well, their rules, terms and condition are final. hence, when you buy something thru ppo, just ensure it isnt in a big packing.
Well guess what! My package arrived and I have to pay Rs. 1793 for the shipment! The volumetric weight is mentioned as 4 lbs whereas Amazon has mentioned the package weight as 1 lb. :(This is the breakup:
ICC Shipping, Handling & Taxes: 1,667Duty & Clearance Fees: Rs. 126

FML! :'(

I would like to know how PPOBox estimates the vol. weight of the shipment. I would like to see how big is the box in which they have shipped the item.

^ Never trusts Amazon weight IMO. They always use very big boxes even to send small items and fill it with those air cushions etc. Wastage of space.

So if the item is fixed price and from Amazon etc, always use http://www.ishopinternational.com/, their shipping rates are lesser and they most of the time give you to the quote based on actual weight.

^ Never trusts Amazon weight IMO. They always use very big boxes even to send small items and fill it with those air cushions etc. Wastage of space.

So if the item is fixed price and from Amazon etc, always use http://www.ishopinternational.com/, their shipping rates are lesser and they most of the time give you to the quote based on actual weight.

But varkey, isn't both PPObox and ishopinternational from the same guys? Is there a difference in their respective quotes?

Hi,

The Formula for Calculating the Volumetric weight* is Length * Breadth * Height (cm) / 5000 = Result in Kg.

1 Kg = 2.2 Lbs.

But what about items from ebay? And certain times these guys from ishop don't purchase fixed price items on time and the item gets over.

I got 2 mbds from ebay total wt 7lbs . So I calculated 3k will be shipping and customs, my shock I was charged 5700'

But what about items from ebay? And certain times these guys from ishop don't purchase fixed price items on time and the item gets over.

Ya that's a problem, but what I usually do is, call them up on the phone and ask them purchase it asap, they usually purchase it immediately in that case.

The team earlier was really helpful and I had purchased quite a few things earlier. But now I have to think 10 times before buying anything.

But looks like their customer support is good. I got the mail from PPO (regarding the package arrival at Bombay) in my inbox around 3 PM. Made the payment around 5 PM and the package was dispatched via Blue Dart around 7 PM. That was pretty quick but a very expensive deal I am afraid.

Might try ishopinternational next time.

After using ppobox many times I think that ppobox is best suited for items whose owner you can contact(and ask them to send the item in as small packaging as possible).
I mostly use it for buying bidding items on ebay U.S

Guys, I'll be buying the nexus 4 on the 13th, which courier redirection company would you recommend that I use?

But looks like their customer support is good. I got the mail from PPO (regarding the package arrival at Bombay) in my inbox around 3 PM. Made the payment around 5 PM and the package was dispatched via Blue Dart around 7 PM. That was pretty quick but a very expensive deal I am afraid.

Might try ishopinternational next time.

Any idea if ishipint. is safe to use? I mean, if they reply to queries by customers in case there's a delay etc? I have thinking of trying ishopint too.

Has any one used netsafe cards for buying on newegg ? I will probably buy a black friday deal , will use ppobox , can i pay through netsafe or only paypal? @varkey ?

Last edited by a moderator:
^ NewEgg accepts only US cards I believe. An Indian PayPal account will definitely not work, as it will give an error saying payment not accepted from non-US countries or something of that sort.

So I really doubt it. Anyway try it and let us know! :)

Good deal for download rig , Newegg.com - BIOSTAR A68I-350 Deluxe AMD Fusion APU 350D AMD A68 Mini ITX Motherboard/CPU Combo

Comes with free 2x4gb gskill ddr3 ,

i had asked for quote from ibhejo , use 500 off signup coupon & you can get it for the same price as the newegg price 70$ or Rs 3850 https://www.ibhejo.com/BIOSTAR-A68I...D-AMD-A68-Mini-ITX-Motherboard-CPU-Combo.html ,

Ibhejo does not guarantee that you will receive the free ram as its a limited time offer
very poor processor . There are A4/A6 combo deals under $100 which are way better . Search new egg combo deals if you are in market for same

- - - Updated - - -

Good deal for download rig , Newegg.com - BIOSTAR A68I-350 Deluxe AMD Fusion APU 350D AMD A68 Mini ITX Motherboard/CPU Combo

Comes with free 2x4gb gskill ddr3 ,

i had asked for quote from ibhejo , use 500 off signup coupon & you can get it for the same price as the newegg price 70$ or Rs 3850 https://www.ibhejo.com/BIOSTAR-A68I...D-AMD-A68-Mini-ITX-Motherboard-CPU-Combo.html ,

Ibhejo does not guarantee that you will receive the free ram as its a limited time offer
very poor processor . There are A4/A6 combo deals under $100 which are way better . Search new egg combo deals if you are in market for same

Back