Buying from US - Best Deals - Discussion Thread

I posted this in ebay thread but I think this might be a better place.

If I buy an item on eBay.com from here in India and pay by "Visa or Mastercard - Processed through Paypal" as guest checkout (don't have paypal account), will I be able to get refund from eBay.com or paypal in case the seller doesn't ship or something like that?

guys if i buy a mobile for around 260$ from EBAY.COM how much will the customs charge be on that ?

2.3% or so i guess. Mobiles have very less duty when compared to other stuff. But to get this i suggest you get it delivered through SNS.
Btw if you don't mind, which phone is it ?

I posted this in ebay thread but I think this might be a better place.

If I buy an item on eBay.com from here in India and pay by "Visa or Mastercard - Processed through Paypal" as guest checkout (don't have paypal account), will I be able to get refund from eBay.com or paypal in case the seller doesn't ship or something like that?

Yes, you will be able to get a refund, but will be difficult to open a dispute in case of a problem.

Opening a PayPal account will take max 5 min or so.

I received my first purchase from http://www.ishopinternational.com/. The entire experience was smooth. My second order (a more expensive one) is on its way and I am looking forward to it. The order I received was:

Item Type: Computer accessories
Item Description: Professional Quality 3.5-Inch Universal Hard Drive Mounting Bracket Adapter for 5.25-Inch Bay BRACKET with 8 Mounting screws Qty 1
Quantity: 1

Item price, local shipping, taxes: Rs. 210

International Shipping: Rs. 252

Duty, Taxes, & Fees: Rs. 191
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TOTAL Rs. 653
cleardot.gif

Ordered on Aug 29 and received it on Sep 7th.

Can i order a product on ebay.com or amazon using and indian credit card and get it shipped to denmark directly??

Any idea about the custom charges in denmark??

Guys, please do your research before you buy stuff which have offers/deals in the US. I bought something from Amazon cos it had a labour day offer. The discount was good, and much lesser than the original price. However, after labour day, the price of the same product came down by fifty percent, with no deal/discount applied.

So just before price reduction, most websites tempt you into buying, by offering a lesser discount in the name of deals.

Can anybody provide me links of cheapest Unlocked GSM Galaxy Nexus I9250 brand new from ebay.com (No GEB) ???

I am confused with its pricing, Playstore is offering at 349$ + taxes, while some ebay sellers are providing at just 370$ around.

Please let me know......TIA !!

I have placed an order with PPO for an action figure from Amazon. I hope it goes all well! Got a call from PPO's Bombay office confirming the address and identity.

The thing weighs less than a pound. I wonder how much will I be charged for the duties and shipping! :unsure:

Gannu PPO box aint good for importing big box even if the weight is less. they may be claiming to charge less compared to SNS etc, but PPObox charges on volumetric basis,. and god forbid if the seller decides to pack it in a bigger box to keep it safe during transit. you end up paying more than what you bargained for.
The earlier team @ ppobox was good and understanding. Now some new guys have come up and dont even bother to give you a patient hearing. Well, their rules, terms and condition are final. hence, when you buy something thru ppo, just ensure it isnt in a big packing.

Back