Battlefield 3 - Discussion Thread

Finally bought BF3... :D But i really got disappointed when i saw after receiving the game from Flipkart that the price of the game has dropped from 1499 to 749 :(... I bought the game from FK for Rs.1045... loss of Rs 300 :( Anyways i think this game is totally worth it even for Rs 1045... :)

Guys please add me in your friends list, my id is iNF4M0US :D

iittopper
If you buy 4 DLC separately, it would cost you ~Rs.2000. It is priced at $49.99 in the US, while it is just Rs.1499 here. If they deduct B2K price from it then they might as well price each DLC separately. Then it wouldn't be called a bundle. I recommend purchasing it if you are going to play all DLCs.

Other Features Inlcudes:
-Double XP Weekend every month
-2 week early access to all DLCs
-Dogtags
-Reset Feature
-Server Queue Priority - Don't like this one.

So basically the premium bundle gives you 16 new maps over the course of one year, for another 1499? Although it's a lot of maps, damn the price. :( I could buy a whole new game with that.

Guys the game is crashing whenever i am playing in the multiplayer mode... Am i the only one whoz facing this problem... It was crashing even before updating the game... :( PLease help me to resolve this problem...

^ What happens is that after 20 to 30 secs of gameplay the game crashes... I have never faced this type of problem while playing BFBC2 multiplayer mode... :(

Guys the game is crashing whenever i am playing in the multiplayer mode... Am i the only one whoz facing this problem... It was crashing even before updating the game... :( PLease help me to resolve this problem...

Crashing as in due to disconnection? I faced that a few times, havent played it post update, will let you know by tonight.

yup Appcarsh windows error... And i am running this game on windows 7 ultimate 32bit... is win 32bit a culprit... and how to install punkbuster?

---------- Post added at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

Crashing as in due to disconnection? I faced that a few times, havent played it post update, will let you know by tonight.

Facing this problem on almost all the servers even on those on which i am getting good pings (72 to be exact)

So basically the premium bundle gives you 16 new maps over the course of one year, for another 1499? Although it's a lot of maps, damn the price. :( I could buy a whole new game with that.
not just maps, new vehicles, new game modes, guns, and Dinosaurs man DINOSAURS!!! how can you forget them :lol:

@HADES
try uninstalling your firewall/antivirus. anyway look out in the battlelog technical help forums, there are plenty of similar threads.

_

Last edited by a moderator:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: bf3.exe
Application Version: 1.3.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4fa421a5
Fault Module Name: bf3.exe
Fault Module Version: 1.3.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4fa421a5
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00017ae0
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Just started 2gb patch ...it's huge but i love :), i hope it gets done away with it without any problems

Battlefeild premium holy F**k , yesterday i was thinking of getting max payne 3 but now it looks that i will just get the dlc after my semester exams get over:p

Just started 2gb patch ...it's huge but i love :), i hope it gets done away with it without any problems

Battlefeild premium holy F**k , yesterday i was thinking of getting max payne 3 but now it looks that i will just get the dlc after my semester exams get over:p

Buy max payne 3 . You can buy premium later as only four map will be available in june . Not to mention max payne 3 mp is awsome

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: bf3.exe
Application Version: 1.3.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4fa421a5
Fault Module Name: bf3.exe
Fault Module Version: 1.3.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4fa421a5
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00017ae0
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

do this

1) Goto the folder where Origin installed BF3 (C:\Program Files (x86)\Battlefield 3\ Battlefield 3â„¢) (thats where mine was installed)

2) Rename the Battlefield 3â„¢ folder to Battlefield 3 - (removing â„¢)

3)Start regedit , browse to the following key :

HKEY LOCAL MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WoW6432Node\EA Games
Change the GDFBinary & InstallDir paths to C:\Program Files (x86)\Battlefield 3\ Battlefield 3 - again removing â„¢

and it will launch fine

Note: when you rename the folder and edit the registry You have to make sure Origin is not running.

If also problem is not solved then create a new thread in battlelog forum .

^ Yup I was also thinking the same as Max payne mp is totallly addictive and refreshing and not to forget the phenominal sp as well ..but this premium thing just confused me what to buy or i will buy both in worst case :bleh:

Is it me or everyone gets the message, that "Could not join server as its full" when trying to join a server which has all slots occupied(full players), that means queues are gone?
If queues are for premium members only then theres a shame on part of EA

This trick solved the crashing problem for me... Posting it here so that it can help the people who are facing the same problem...

WORKING SOLUTION FOR ME = NO MORE CRASHES

1) Run commandline (cmd.exe) as administrator

2) in cmd type and run this >> bcdedit /set increaseuserva 3000

3) reboot pc (restart)

Is it me or everyone gets the message, that "Could not join server as its full" when trying to join a server which has all slots occupied(full players), that means queues are gone?
If queues are for premium members only then theres a shame on part of EA
after getting premium also I got this error. before also I had this.

this occurs because servers can set queue limit. so if the queue reaches the set limit (say 4, 5 or even 0), you will get the message as 'server is full'. even happens if some slots are reserved for VIP members decided by server admin (probably people who are paying for the server)

_

If you have premium then you enter the server directly regardless of your queue number. That means priority is given to the player who have purchased Battlefield Premium. :p rest of the players have to wait in queue.

Back