Battlefield 3 - Discussion Thread

Re: The "Battlefield 3" Thread! [PC] [360] [PS3]

Aman27deep said:
I really want the discs but i think i very well might pre-order this one.
Buy Battlefield 3
Hey pro.

I would not buy anything directly from EA until it removes the absurd "1 year download limit" for games bought via Origin.

This feature totally puts me off buying anything via their service. Other Digital distribution services (GOG/Steam/GamersGate) don't have this issue. See link below -

The 1 year re-download limit - Bugs and Issues - Origin (formerly EA Download Manager): EA Forums

Usually if you talk to the EA Support they change it to 5 years and you can always make a backup.

Fking Tank Mission, so can BF be next Guerrilla of Video games beating COD

Guys after the demo of MW3 in E3, I can say MW3 is going to be slapped by BF3... But then we are gamers, we will play both the games with same intensity.... but BF3 will definitely take the crown, doesnt matter even if MW3 would have more sales...... :)

chiragsthakur said:
Guys after the demo of MW3 in E3, I can say MW3 is going to be slapped by BF3... But then we are gamers, we will play both the games with same intensity.... but BF3 will definitely take the crown, doesnt matter even if MW3 would have more sales...... :)
MW3 will cost 2500 bucks and BF3 will cost 999/-. We may play both the games but we will surely be paying for only one of them. No prizes for guessing which one.

hitman02in said:
^^ why do you want the retail discs ? bad download speeds ?

i am old school type having retail disk gives me feeling that i own this game compare to download game even if i own it it still make me feel like i am downloading pirated game :p

OT : BTW i haven't seen you in bfbc2 in night or you don't play at night

Rickyk said:
Hey pro.

I would not buy anything directly from EA until it removes the absurd "1 year download limit" for games bought via Origin.

This feature totally puts me off buying anything via their service. Other Digital distribution services (GOG/Steam/GamersGate) don't have this issue. See link below -

The 1 year re-download limit - Bugs and Issues - Origin (formerly EA Download Manager): EA Forums

That's ridiculous :O

But on reading that link again, i don't thinkt think they can retire First party gAmes. They have retired 10 outta 150 games so far and they ran outta its lisense so taht's why they did it.

PS - i am a noob.
viralbug said:
^ Having the actual disk and box just feels different. :p
I know!

hitman02in said:
^^ why do you want the retail discs ? bad download speeds ?
Collection? What happens if a solar flare hits and all the communications are down? I'll still have my retail discs to play!! :D

mastersquall said:
that's main reason i haven't pre-order yet even though i want because i want retail disk so will wait till option pre-order appear of retail disk
totally.

! 0 t A said:
Loved the part where there MD said " We are offering <insert all COD Elite Features here> . And all of this is absolutely Free. *Smile+Wink* "
That was wicked !!!

I think the comparison stands at :

CoD are better story tellers, so you might experience a better story-line in MW3

BF3 has come out with a new engine. Eyegasm Guaranteed and also true to life multiplayer experience.

+1 BF3 !!

The real question is how well will BF3 be optimized for the PC. We sure are excited for its release but will we all be able to enjoy it in its full glory on our present hardware? Sure, a bunch of us probably upgraded this year and have the latest cards to run this game but I am talking about majority here. I read somewhere that the current BF3 demos are being played on a GTX 580 SLI setup, I wonder if my humble 5770 will even stand a chance.

Also the PS3 screens of the game are out and as expected they are in no way comparable to the PC in terms of graphics.

In the end I guess the secret for us to achieve an "Eyegasm" won't be in how big our size is ( ur high end card duh! :p ) but what they do with it ( Optimization!! ) :p

Its going to be heavily optimized for the PC, read in an interview with Patrick Bach that the game was first developed for PC and then ported to the consoles, a rare thing in this age of hasty ports and nasty bugs.

Yes its going to be an uphill battle for the 5770 to keep the frame rates abreast of 30+ FPS, but since the card is a gen old and the FB2 engine is supposed to be the "next - gen" u are playing with a 2 gen old card so cant expect more than that. And it also depends on the "eye-gasmic" things u turn on, but since u already know that, get a 6950 and enjoy the game as its meant to be.

I know im gonna do that. :)

P.S nice tag line btw.

^Now, thats the real question, isn't it? I still feel the best of current generation cards (6950) aren't really good enough to be must haves. I am waiting for the next generation of cards to arrive. And is it really wise to spend 15-20k upgrading my card just to play a game, shouldn't I rather just buy a console instead?

In your own words...
they are in no way comparable to the PC in terms of graphics.

Its a topic that would quickly turn into mud-slinging contest, but if u want a true multiplayer + single player experience with every imaginable eye-Kate moss turned on then u have no other option but to upgrade once in every two years.

Consoles are gonna give u the most hassle free gameplay but the multiplayer is gonna be dumbed down and the single player may not have such polish as the PC version.

Besides factor in the cost of games for the consoles [in case u are into stuff like that], upgrading ur pc once every 2/3 year is not so bad.

So it boils downs to a very basic question, How do u like ur game? a] Sit on a bean bag infront of a 40" TV with a diet coke and play a game with a controller without biting thru ur nails. b] slouch in front of a 22" monitor squinting so hard to see the sniper in that distant, old ramshackled tower who is getting ready to blow ur brains off?

All of this holds true for a PC first game like BF3, but u go the MW3 way it really doesn't matter what u have cuz its all going to look the same since they are using an age old technology.

P.S this is not to offend console enthusiasts, whatever yanks ur crank and all that.

Yes its going to be an uphill battle for the 5770 to keep the frame rates abreast of 30+ FPS, but since the card is a gen old and the FB2 engine is supposed to be the "next - gen" u are playing with a 2 gen ol

Dice mentioned we can get best experience using the high-end hardware of last generation a few months back. I'm thinking a HD5870 or HD6950 should do great.

what about 6850??? I own one... i think it will run on max details on 1600x900 reso... what do you guys think?

Just finished watching all videos of BF3. Watched some at 1080p and flooded the computer lab with my saliva. :p

MW3 will outsell BF3 in sale but I'm sure BF3 will easily beat MW3 in term of quality.

Back