Aman27deep

Skilled
Apr 7, 2008
Calcutta
www.fluxgaming.in
Re: The "Battlefield 3" Thread! [PC] [360] [PS3]

Roxtin said:
^We better should else the MOH pre-order would be a waste :(
You bought MOH? I didn't. I think those who pre-order BF3 will also get a BETA access, if that's the only way to get BETA access (other than MOH beta), then i'll have to preorder it through ORIGIN.

Rickyk

Skilled
Jan 18, 2007

Just saw this. Wonder if it will come to India?

"Battlefield 3 developer DICE has revealed that selected retailers around the world will be offering a special pre-order edition with exclusive in-game multiplayer items unavailable elsewhere. Naturally, Battlefield fans are none too pleased with this.

While the 'Battlefield 3 Limited Edition: Physical Warfare Pack' was in fact announced back in May, then confirmed only for the UK, the fan backlash campaign really kicked off over the weekend on That Internet. You know, the usual--heaps of forum posts; calls for media attention; loud boycott vows very few will actually honour. Come Monday morning, EA has released a little FAQ to address the issue.

Pre-ordering BF3 from select retailers will get you the Physical Warfare Pack, which offers the Type 88 light machine gun, which was an unlockable in the Battlefield: Bad Company series, Battlefield 3's only sniper rifle flash suppressor, for the SKS, and flechette ammo for the DAO-12 semi-automatic shotgun. You'll also get an instant multiplayer unlock of the DAO-12 itself, and the non-exclusive 'Back to Karkland' vintage map pack, which is a pre-order bonus everywhere and will also be sold separately.

Only the UK retailers offering the Physical Warfare Edition have been revealed so far, Game and Gamestation, but DICE notes, "Exact details for other countries and retailers will be announced at a later date."

"The three exclusive items in the Physical Warfare Pack were specifically chosen not to be overpowered or imbalance or break the game in any way," DICE insists. "Owning these items will give you a more varied arsenal, but it will not give you a significant advantage on the battlefield."

In 2008, publisher EA planned to offer exclusive weapons for Battlefield: Bad Company. Five guns for multiplayer would have only been available by buying the Gold Edition or through microtransactions. However, after fan outrage, EA dropped the plans and decided they'd be available to all players for free, though Gold Edition players would have them unlocked instantly.

"When we saw this big uprise about people that really felt it was dissatisfying that some people bought the Gold Edition, those five weapons you couldn't get or that you had to buy if you had the ordinary version of the game, that we just decided that all weapons will be free in the game, and that's how it is now," producer Karl-Magnus Troedsson said back then. Clearly, fans are hoping for a similar resolution this time around.

DICE says it offers bonuses, "Because we believe in rewarding our core fanbase with special offers--such as giving them the Back to Karkand expansion pack at no extra charge." What goes unsaid is that retailer-exclusive content is used to encourage retailers to promote the game more. That's just business, of course, but attempting to dodge the issue may only serve to irritate fans further."

comp@ddict

Skilled
Apr 25, 2009
Manipal
about.me

720p, 30fps confirmed for consoles.

btw, if Battlefield 3 do any COD shit like unlimited DLCs, DLC weapons and day 1 DLCs, ....

We are fans, not followers.

Aman27deep

Skilled
Apr 7, 2008
Calcutta
www.fluxgaming.in

Good thing is, DICE doesn't rape us like Activision, their 15$ DLC is actually worth it whereas COD's 3-5 maps for 15$ ain't worth it at all. For example the new Vietnam. For me its better than BC2 itself :p Too bad no one (or maybe evry few people) play it from India.

comp@ddict said:
I just hope Back to Karkand map is available for us, I mean we will be getting the Limited Edition for 999 right?
Yes probably. It it wont then i'll pre order it.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

*It it = If it.

comp@ddict

Skilled
Apr 25, 2009
Manipal
about.me

MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS

Hard Drive Space: 15 GB for disc version or 10 GB for digital version

Operating System: Windows Vista or Windows 7

Processor: Core 2 Duo @ 2.0GHz

RAM: 2GB

Video Card: DirectX 10 or 11 compatible Nvidia or AMD ATI card

note: 2GB, for Win 7 or Vista, nice nice!

RECOMMENDED

Hard Drive Space: 15 GB for disc version or 10 GB for digital version

Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit

Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU

RAM: 4GB

Video Card: DirectX 11 Nvidia or AMD ATI card, GeForce GTX 460, Radeon Radeon HD 6850

note: HD6850, woHoo!

Battlefield 3 PC Specs, PC News - GamerZines : Free Digital Games Magazines

dinjo

Hell Yeah[Born Critic]
Skilled
Sep 14, 2009
Mumbai

fking Hell Quad Core, though the game can justify with its visuals

iamnew

Adept
Feb 22, 2009

After pre- ordering Crysis 2 from EA,i lack the confidence to make another pre- order.

memnom

Adept
Nov 21, 2006

Not a bad idea in and of itself. Its the gung-ho attitude that might wane as time flies by.

The only plausible fault i would point out is that there's no incentive for one to order from the site. You get discounts, coupons in sites like next-world and intencity. But then we guys like the physical habitation of Shepard in our hands rather than have it as a digital download.

jojothedragon

Skilled
Jan 20, 2009

FEAST YOUR EYES BF BEECHES! :yahoo:

851Tm.png

mxXu1.jpg

As a part of a weekly blog update, the German Battlefield blog gave readers a sneak peak at the new “Battlelog” feature. However the blog post was taken down shortly after, leaving us with a few screenshots of the new social system. You can check out the system, which should be available in a preview state for the upcoming beta this fall.

The “Battlelog” system looks to be a more advanced social system as opposed to the recent “Autolog” featured in Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit. Players will be able to co-ordinate with their friends online prior to stepping into the game, check out their upcoming unlocks, their rank, stats and even their friend’s status in-game.

The social aspect of the system includes a Facebook-like “Battle Feed” where you will be able to keep a tab on your friend’s recent accomplishments and their comments. It’ll be interesting to see how this will compete against Activision’s Call of Duty “Elite” system set to debut this year as well. The captured screenshots are after the break.

Source: Battleblog #3: First Pictures of Battlelog | BATTLEFIELDO | Your source for BF3 and BFPlay4free

jojothedragon

Skilled
Jan 20, 2009

You are getting a DLC free, aren't ya ?

Pre-order the Battlefield 3â„¢ Limited Edition now with Origin and receive:

Back to Karkand

This themed expansion pack features:

• Four Legendary Maps from Battlefield 2 re-imagined with Frostbite 2 Technology

• Classic Battlefield 2 Weapons and Vehicles

• Unique Rewards, Achievements/trophies, and More

Physical Warfare Pack

Get physical in Battlefield 3 with the help of some extra fire power:

• Type 88 LMG with bipod

• Flechette Ammo for DAO-12 Shotgun

• Flash suppressor for SKS sniper rifle

• Day 1 Access to the DAO-12 Shotgun