Battlefield 3 - Discussion Thread

Re: The "Battlefield 3" Thread! [PC] [360] [PS3]

mastersquall said:
i don't know will i get these item in my retail limited edition pre-order

AFAIK you will get the 4 re-created BF2 maps (Strike at Karkand, Gulf of Oman, Wake Island and Sharqi Peninsula) as well as some BF2 weapons/vehicles.

You wont get (immediate) access to the stuff thats part of the PWP offer ATM as its a "timed UK Exclusive".

However EA has clarified that the contents of the "Physical Warfare Pack" WOULD be made available to ALL players sometime later in the year.

So the "early access" for retail purchase of the PWP (for UK buyers) is basically a "timed exclusive" - not a permanent one...

Thank god we don't buy new games on steam here in India since they cost three times as much.

baccilus said:
Thank god we don't buy new games on steam here in India since they cost three times as much.

But we eventually get it on sale for like 5-10 $ , Plus there is the convenience of updates n all. . its all so integrated with steam :(. . Screw Origin !!

jc36lect3r said:
Battlefield 3 might not be released on Steam

Battlefield 3 Out of Steam - PC News at IGN

Promoting Origin store, eh ? Origin can hardly come close to steam in its present state. Meh.

Anyway.

More screenies on the lowest settings(alpha version). :

npg83nrmuf.png

14obmzo0mou.png

2dufdcwt8v0.png

ic0ccpemm9.png

2ch8ahflmh1.png

My rig is ready for this game :p

I am looking to pre order this game... Since past few days i have been playing BC2 Multiplayer and enjoying it so much and IMO BC3 Multiplayer would be much more awesome than BC2... :D

How many indian servers are ther in bc2? CAn some one quote them! I jus see 2 RCDC servers which are most of the time free!

The destruction is not going to be as awesome as BC2. Here we can only blow off chunks off the building, but cannot take it down completely like in BC2. Pity, was my favorite passtime in BC2 :(

And the screens look like Crysis 2(at least the trees). Hope to god the final build is a lot better.

jc36lect3r said:
The destruction is not going to be as awesome as BC2. Here we can only blow off chunks off the building, but cannot take it down completely like in BC2. Pity, was my favorite passtime in BC2 :(

Huh? Now where did you find that out ?

jc36lect3r said:
Hope to god the final build is a lot better.

Its on all low dude! That too DX 10 !

I'm certain it'll look 50x more better on All maxed + DX 11 !

ram_dante said:
How many indian servers are ther in bc2? CAn some one quote them! I jus see 2 RCDC servers which are most of the time free!

Yeah unfortunately... I have never seen anyone playing in that server... I get good pings in Wargs server... 75 to be exact so most of the time i join that server and play with international players...

jc36lect3r said:
BF3 will have what they call "Micro Destruction". Full destruction only in scripted events, like the earthquake :( Kinda let down, isn't it.....

Hmm, hard to say. We'll have to see for ourselves once the game is released.

jc36lect3r said:
The destruction is not going to be as awesome as BC2. Here we can only blow off chunks off the building, but cannot take it down completely like in BC2. Pity, was my favorite passtime in BC2

Amusing considering one of the "reasons" for not releasing mod tools according to EA's Soderlund was -

"If you look at the Frostbite engine, and how complex it is, it's going to be very difficult for people to mod the game because of the nature of the set up of levels, of the destruction and all those things. It's quite tricky."

Really? So modders are incompetent? You wish EA.

Its obvious that the real reasons why EA/Dice arent releasing mod tools are -

a) the want complete control over DLC so they can charge us for it everytime
b) they are worried that "modders" will actually improve and extend the game WAY beyond what EA/Dice would like - exactly like they did with BF2.
c) that modders might (would have IMO) make BETTER maps than EA/Dice managed themselves

They should just come out and say it. Its quite obvious to any half competent gamer that the above 3 reasons are why they arent releasing mod tools for BF3.

I agree that "dumbing down" the engine tool chain for public release costs Dice time/money, but at least dont hide behind lame excuses when the truth is so plain for all to see.....

Gone are the days when the devs would hope that modders give their game a complete new look and contents. Frostbite has so much modding potential...

Back