Audio quality discussion : Cellphones vs. mp3 Players

guys how'bt Nokia 5700 Express Edition?

it has RAM and CPU, is that any good? saw it for 15k in ebay. is it worth buying?

my girl :hug: got me a NANO 2Gb a week ago , and honestly i've found the audio quality better than the cell phones. Though the earphones are a bit disappointing as they lack crisp bass, and dont sound all that great while on the move, but otherwise i feel that the audio clarity is much better. High's and mid's are way better in the iPod than the cell phones.

mp3 players obviously sound better than cell phones. :)

about the 5700, it comes with a black and white colour too doesnt it?

Terrordrone said:
i would rate any Walkman phone more than N Series.. coz i get really pissed off at the speed at which N series operate.. i aint biased.. its truth

i shud also tell that i have not heard to any Nokia ME phones tho..

considering the phone cam quality + audio package + OS.. i wud go for a SE Walkman, comparing stuff given by the manufacturer

Well, lot of ppl are happy with the W series phone for the sound quality but tht's all you will be stuck with for the rest of the time you have the phone...cos its not 'smart'...:p After a while, you'll get bored cos thr isnt much left to do other than listen to music n take a few pics..the fact tht nokia S60 smartphones sell more is cos they keep u entertained for long with the wide variety of 3rd party softwares available online..;) Plus they sound equally good with a decent pair of headphones..:)

memnom said:
guys how'bt Nokia 5700 Express Edition?

it has RAM and CPU, is that any good? saw it for 15k in ebay. is it worth buying?

YEs, i think at around 14k its a very good buy...:) except for the 2mp cam, its got all tht is thr in the n73 and faster performance to boot..:)

Viralbug said:
about the 5700, it comes with a black and white colour too doesnt it?

Yes it does, but since the product is new in the market, it may be or may not be available at all places..;) If i were to get the 5700, i wud definitely get the white/black one..the red one attracts dust stains and looks crappy after a while...

^ you can always put that plastic covering to protect it from dust. :bleh: :rofl:

ofcourse that will make it look even more crappy. :p

yeah the 5700 should have had a 3mp cam and wifi. :eek:hyeah:

but i guess they cant put all the goodies in one piece. these people have other phones to sell too. if they put all goodies in one piece, no one will buy the other phones.

Viralbug said:
you can always put that plastic covering to protect it from dust.

Aargh..tht plastic cover sucks big time...:no: besides, u will not be able to cover it completely as the music buttons in the 5700 are softkeys on the rubbery part itself...:lol: so its better to get the black one..you know, they say,black hides all the sins..:p

i just hate any type of covering for phones. they really make them look like shit. ive seen people putting crystal cases on phones like n73 etc, yuck! they just degrade the looks of the cell! :p

Back