Amazon selling AT&T Nokia Lumia 520 for only $49.99

I was just assuming when I said they must be getting account holders. I wouldn't be able to say for sure how they're doing it now. But one thing's certain; earlier everything was easy. I'm talking about the days ebay codes were available for ~$5. Now even the iphone codes are very hard/expensive to get. In fact i've heard they tightened their policy mainly because of the iphone5 unlocks.

Thats correct direct source inside AT&T. And this LUMIA unlock service came recently only. it was not available earlier. ATT has tightened their policy these days even iPhone unlock has 80% success ratio.
You guys can PM me for more info about unlocks as i cant disclose all the info openly. :)

The iphone unlocks cost 7.4k. Does it make any sense at this price? the 16gb 5s costs just under 50k in india. What's the cheapest you can buy it for in the US locked?[DOUBLEPOST=1391696377][/DOUBLEPOST]Actually wait. It's on contract. So even if you unlock it here, you have to keep paying the monthly bills there right?

Guys I have also got a locked Lumia 520 from my friend, any idea where I can get it carrier unlocked in Delhi? I checked the whole thread but nothing specific..

The iphone unlocks cost 7.4k. Does it make any sense at this price? the 16gb 5s costs just under 50k in india. What's the cheapest you can buy it for in the US locked?[DOUBLEPOST=1391696377][/DOUBLEPOST]Actually wait. It's on contract. So even if you unlock it here, you have to keep paying the monthly bills there right?

Yes completely ignore those 99$ and 199$ prices. Always check unlocked prices and with the unlocks being so much expensive, it does not make any sense to go for US iPhone, buy from India only with proper warranty. US piece you may or may not get warranty in India (in most cases no but have read about cases of people getting replacement for US bought iPhone in India).

I'm also unlocked now.. Asked one of my friend in US to fill the unlock form.. Got the unlock key in 3 days! Thanks to Julian..

Without me doing anything from my end, amazon.com mailed me saying they're refunding some $1.29 excess amount from the import fees deposit they had charged me for the phone.
Unbelievable and unheard of customer-centric service. At least in India.

Without me doing anything from my end, amazon.com mailed me saying they're refunding some $1.29 excess amount from the import fees deposit they had charged me for the phone.
Unbelievable and unheard of customer-centric service. At least in India.

Well after I had received my back Friday package, I got the bill of entry from aramex, the customs duty charged was only 750,while deposit was 1400..they had refunded me full 1400 as a token of gratitude, when I emailed them the bill of entry... Asking for 650 refund..I got the amount of 1400 after 2-3 days... Best thing is after the customary 2 months period I also got the 650 refund.

I don't know what to say :D

I haven't received any import deposit return. Is it safe to assume I was charged right amount of duty or should I ask Aramex for BOE. Will they even be able to provide me one after nearly 3 months.

Well after I had received my back Friday package, I got the bill of entry from aramex, the customs duty charged was only 750,while deposit was 1400..they had refunded me full 1400 as a token of gratitude, when I emailed them the bill of entry... Asking for 650 refund..I got the amount of 1400 after 2-3 days... Best thing is after the customary 2 months period I also got the 650 refund.
Wait, what! You got 1400+650=2050 back? Congrats on the cheapest lumia 520 buy ever!
I didn't get a BOE from aramex either...

^No , i havent bought a lumia, the comment was just about general amazon customer service...i had got one SSD and one Seagate HDD...On the tracking page , there is a phone number for destination office,call that number and ask for a BOE,they wont give it to you just like that !

I don't know what to say :D
wtf? o_O
Dammit prateek! Always getting the best deals. >_<

Did someone get it unlocked successfully? I have a friend traveling to US if this can be unlocked I'll ask him to get one for me for a backup device.

Back