Amazon selling AT&T Nokia Lumia 520 for only $49.99

ayanavish

- binned -
Skilled
Well, here’s a stonker of a deal. You can now grab an AT&T Nokia Lumia 520 commitment-free for only $49.99 plus free shipping.

The 4 inch WVGA Windows Phone 8 handset is the best selling Windows Phone ever with more than 30% of the market, meaning it will continue to be supported for a pretty long time.

The device is in stock but only in limited quantities, so if you are interested you getter grab it quick.

See it at Amazon here.

Source: http://wmpoweruser.com/amazon-selling-att-nokia-lumia-520-for-only-49-99/

DO NOT BUY THIS

It is almost impossible to unlock this device. You need to stay with ATT for minimum 6 months before you can ask for unlock and getting unlock codes like before is simply not possible at the moment.
Buy for cheap price if you are ready to risk and use the phone as wifi browsing device, music video player or dedicated GPS Unit (Nokia Here maps).
Cellular data is not gonna work.

Personally, at that price even if the phone functionality cannot be used, it would be a very good media player cum web browser.

I got this one and could not get it unlocked. Sold it off to a friend who is on AT&T network. Good deal but unfortunately only works with AT&T

Why not get it unlocked through ATF BIox Nitro 2013..
Around 6 month I bought Lumia 810 T-Mobile, and was certainly impossible to unlock, and whoever willing to unlock it was asking for 4k...
Just search for box owner in olx... It's pretty simple and safe method...

It's up to $59.99 now.

I've been a bit busy and down with a cold+fever this last week so didn't have time to go to the mobile guy to confirm about the unlock. @m-jeri

p.s. why this new thread when there's already another one? can the mods merge this into that?

I've actually moved house and staying somewhere else now, so i have to make a trip to meet the mobile dude who said he could do it. Will let you know asap.

If there's someone in bombay/new bombay that actually has one of these phones, we can take it to him directly and see what he's able to do. I mean, he's already said he can do it for 750 but whether it will happen in reality remains to be seen. If I can get the phone for $50, i might buy one just to experiment...

Ok, I might be going that side today. I will try and confirm as much as possible (he already said he could so i dunno what more to ask really) and also try and negotiate the cost. Will also check if an imei unlock code is possible or he really needs to plug in the phone.

Right, I went to three places today. One dude was a generic repair place and they said they'll send the mobile out to unlock so i scrapped that. The first guy says the same price he said earlier. Also confirmed it's not an imei to code unlock. He will plug in the phone and read some code from the phone, then patch it. Said it will take 1-2 hours. Also checked at another place. Dude said 800 bucks. I said i might get 2-3 phones and he said ok 700. But i guess the first phone he will charge 800. Also said 1-2 hours.

@m-jeri where are you located? Also @kuduku

I still think you guy's should check out local places first since it might work out cheaper than shipping it to me etc. Myself, I've decided now to wait till the phone comes down to ~$50 and then buy it considering this unlock is costing ~$12

Myself, I've decided now to wait till the phone comes down to ~$50 and then buy it considering this unlock is costing ~$12
Its going for $39.99 atm. 39.99!!! :O
@julien please confirm the unlock thing. If its possible I'm buying this.

Man, I can't confirm anything, just saying what the mobile repair dude told me. Bought one myself right now anyway. Thanks for the heads-up

520.JPG

Back