Aliexpress.com - Feedback Thread

And if you still don't pay the duty even after getting a notice from the Customs Department then after 4-5 weeks they will auction off the item or so I've heard.

Looks here's the thing mate, if you use free Aliexpress Standard Shipping, most chances are your shipment will come through and won't be hit by duty at all. Is it a particularly expensive item that your planning to order?

Usually toys, small plastic boxes, cables and individual worth of these items not more than 20-23$.
Still what if I prefer to order goods beyond this somewhere upto 100$ etc? Especially electronic items computer keyboards, mouse etc stuff and even chinese phones?

Usually toys, small plastic boxes, cables and individual worth of these items not more than 20-23$.
Still what if I prefer to order goods beyond this somewhere upto 100$ etc? Especially electronic items computer keyboards, mouse etc stuff and even chinese phones?

$20-$23 shipments should come through without any duties being levied at all. As for items that are north of a $100 it's a hit and a miss. The seller will usually undervalue the shipment so it's entirely on the Customs Commissioner whether to take particular interest and levy duty on it or just let it pass. I know a friend who got a phone IIRC for over $200 (through AliExpress Standard Shipping) and it came in without duties being levied. Luck I say!

Guys, What are my chances - Please let me know, Also suggest what to do next - This is my first order at AE, So I'm noob here - True Order Value 56.21$.

I heard that Kolkata Customs Department is the corrupted one and ranked on the top in the country...Now I'm learning that with 56$ worth of tuition fees...So many words for Aliexpress Standard Shipping. :( :oops: It may work for other regions but for West Bengal, it is Total let down.

y3Edm55.png

Tracking from Indian Post

qHjwvLG.png

Last edited:
Guys, What are my chances - Please let me know, Also suggest what to do next - This is my first order at AE, So I'm noob here - True Order Value 56.21$.

I heard that Kolkata Customs Department is the corrupted one and ranked on the top in the country...Now I'm learning that with 56$ worth of tuition fees...So many words for Aliexpress Standard Shipping. :( :oops: It may work for other regions but for West Bengal, it is Total let down.

Hello @dissel,

Your shipment is on the right track. I'm also in the same boat and my order value is $65.61. Don't worry, give it time. My update also looks like this:

1z6xvr4.jpg

They sometimes take days to post status updates. I know it's horribly annoying and there is nothing you can do other than to wait it out. India Post is terrible with their website updates. What's worse is sometimes their entire website stays down for days at length. If your based in Kolkata your next status updates will look like this:

India KOLKATA FOREIGN LCAO Record item customs information (Inb) Air CED KOLKATA Retention Reason : Awaiting presentation to customs commissioner

India KOLKATA FOREIGN LCAO Send item to domestic location (Inb) Air CRC (TD) Kolkata RMS

India KOLKATA RMS Receive item at sorting centre (Inb) Air

India (Your Local Post Office) S.O Deliver item (Inb)

Immediately after the 2nd update (from the above list) you should get your shipment within 2-3 days. Hopefully it comes without duties being levied.

P.S. Check your shipment status NOW on India Post website... there has been an update!! Mine just got updated. :)

Last edited:
Thanks @Black_Hawk for your kind reply, little bit of relief

Yes...Now there is an update and it is ' Awaiting presentation to customs commissioner' - 05/02/2018 at 11:05:24

Yes, even my shipment got the same update:

05/02/2018 - 11:02:37 - India - KOLKATA FOREIGN LCAO - Record item customs information (Inb) - Air - CED KOLKATA - Retention Reason : Awaiting presentation to customs commissioner

Now to see when it clears customs and once that's done it will be sent to your local post office from where you'll get delivery.

So, Kolkata Customs Department living up to their name yet again by showing how very proficient they are with their work... been 5 days and no updates on tracking whatsoever. Sigh.

@dissel: Have you checked the tracking recently? Any updates?

Last edited:
"customs commissioner" is just a designation of person checking the parcels and not actually a "Commissioner".
Items under 50$ should come without an issue, even I am waiting for one of my items to clear from customs.

If the shipment is to be delivered to Mumbai does it have to pass through 2 checkpoint one at Kolkata and then again Mumbai airport?
Or the clearance received from Kolkata makes way.

@Black_Hawk

Mine is the same as yours - No update provided after 05/02/2018.....don't forget Actual Product Landed 31/01/2018, So it is 10 Days here in Kolkata product lying around.

Kind of Lost Hope.

Aliexpress needs Priority Line Shipment (GATI as Shipment Hauler) for India.

Last edited:
@Black_Hawk

Mine is the same as yours - No update provided after 05/02/2018.....don't forget Actual Product Landed 31/01/2018, So it is 10 Days here in Kolkata product lying around.

Kind of Lost Hope.

Aliexpress needs Priority Line Shipment (GATI as Shipment Hauler) for India.

Seriously, I have no idea what is happening with Kolkata Customs these days, think it's immense workload and backl0gs. A few months ago they were releasing shipments within 2-3 days then it became 3-5 days but of late it's been north of a week!

To top it all, today their website is down and tracking numbers aren't working. :banghead:

Lo and behold after a full week of lying with Kolkata Customs, my shipment finally received a tracking status update...

12/02/2018 12:19:48 India KOLKATA FOREIGN LCAO Send item to domestic location (Inb) Air CRC (TD) Kolkata RMS

It's cleared customs and should arrive soon hopefully. Funny way the India Post website works, an update posted at 12:19pm in the afternoon only reflects after 8:30pm in the evening!

Same as above for me too, mine was12/02/2018 - 12:39:01 - Thank God and I'm glad people @ stand road do their jobs finally.

Thank you @Black_Hawk who share my pain.

also, remember the India Post website created and maintained by TCS...or maybe blame to BSNL as link failure though BSNL Bhavan is very near to the Kolkata Foreign LCAO.

Last edited:
Back