Aliexpress.com - Feedback Thread

No option to choose. Aliexpress standard shipping will be handled by Indian Post and once it reaches India, it can be tracked from Indian post website

I had a few low-value items with no shipping details delivered through GATI. However, when i ordered from gearbest and selected Indian express shipping, it was delivered through GATI

So Indian Post will do the Customs Clearance Procedure?

customs will be cleared by custom authorities at port of entry. if customs is levied, they'll tell you the amount before hand. post man will come with your item and a challan for customs. you pay the customs amount to post man, take that challan and your item.

From what I've seen EMS India handles the shipment through customs and then delivers. The status for my shipments through India Post look like this:

sgnvvo.jpg

Last edited:
So, last evening was browsing for a watch on AliExpress and saw this on one of the listed watches:

2vjymc9.jpg

I was a little surprised that EMS shipping is charging $35 extra! Isn't AliExpress Standard Shipping essentially handled by EMS, which ends up being free, so I wonder what the difference is that the extra $35 is being charged in this case.

So, last evening was browsing for a watch on AliExpress and saw this on one of the listed watches:

2vjymc9.jpg

I was a little surprised that EMS shipping is charging $35 extra! Isn't AliExpress Standard Shipping essentially handled by EMS, which ends up being free, so I wonder what the difference is that the extra $35 is being charged in this case.
EMS is a speed Post, where as standard shipping is normal post.

I will be ordering for the first time so few queries:

• So do we get email confirmation from seller about payment receipt/ credited @ his end? or about order confirmation?
  • Sometime the seller asks to email for the choice in specific pattern/color/model etc. (See below)
upload_2018-1-29_14-3-2.png

• Do we need to send the choice only after payment confirmation?
  • Do we get tracking for the free china mail shipping?
  • How much is estimated time to reach metro cities India?

• So do we get email confirmation from seller about payment receipt/ credited @ his end? or about order confirmation?
  • Sometime the seller asks to email for the choice in specific pattern/color/model etc. (See below)
View attachment 73652
  • How much is estimated time to reach metro cities India?

- Payment is handled by aliexpress. Seller won't play any part in it. You will receive confirmation from aliexpress to your registered email id as well as on the site
- Colors can be chosen while adding in cart unless it is explicitly mentioned that random color will be sent. However, you can also send a message to seller once the order is placed with order number
- Tracking will be provided for only orders work 5$ and above
- Estimated time would be anywhere between 7 days to 3 months. Depends on luck

To understand this, try adding the item to your cart.
It will automatically show you options.
If doesn't, you can write your choice (i) during checkout & (ii) after checkout through message.
During checkout you can write one message for each item in your cart.

You get full tracking number with the following:
- China post registered post.
- Hongkong Post
- Singapore post
- Aliexpress std shipping
- Turkey post
- Swiss post
- POS Malasiya
- Other expensive couriers.

Other free postal methods are not traceable after the packet leaves china (after which these packets are most vulnerable), therefore you should always choose a shipping method with complete tracking.

- Tracking will be provided for only orders work 5$ and above

I have even seen some sellers, charging for trackable shipping method still shipping through non-trackable method.
You have to confirm with seller about your tracking requirement before making payment.

Ok. Cool.
But the China mail delivery will be attempted by our local postman then what if my homes lock, then do they make another attempt and call us?

Ok. Cool.
But the China mail delivery will be attempted by our local postman then what if my homes lock, then do they make another attempt and call us?
If your not home, postman will leave and place your package at your local post office. You have to go to post office personally and take your package. If the package isn't taken by you in one week, they'll send back the package

If your not home, postman will leave and place your package at your local post office. You have to go to post office personally and take your package. If the package isn't taken by you in one week, they'll send back the package
Thats fine but on first delivery itself does postman calls you prior visiting your home?
If he doesnt then how can we assume the package has arrived and we are suppose to visit the post office.
For items having no tracking info. this becomes a major query.

Thats fine but on first delivery itself does postman calls you prior visiting your home?
If he doesnt then how can we assume the package has arrived and we are suppose to visit the post office.
For items having no tracking info. this becomes a major query.

What I think is, the local postman will just come and deliver it once it arrives at their local delivery station. Usually in my area they hardly delay once the shipment reaches their local station but I haven't dealt with shipments without tracking numbers, ever. I presume you'll just have to wait and it'll arrive sooner or later. If there are any additional issues when your local post office receives the item, like any additional duties you'll need to pay, then they might call you before attempting delivery.

I would advice choosing shipping methods which involve the tracking numbers. It's a little peace of mind and assurance that your package is on track.

What I think is, the local postman will just come and deliver it once it arrives at their local delivery station. Usually in my area they hardly delay once the shipment reaches their local station but I haven't dealt with shipments without tracking numbers, ever. I presume you'll just have to wait and it'll arrive sooner or later. If there are any additional issues when your local post office receives the item, like any additional duties you'll need to pay, then they might call you before attempting delivery.

I would advice choosing shipping methods which involve the tracking numbers. It's a little peace of mind and assurance that your package is on track.

Hi, For additional duties with trackable parcel by Indian Post, who will ask for the payment and where to pay? Please let me know.

Hi, For additional duties with trackable parcel by Indian Post, who will ask for the payment and where to pay? Please let me know.

If it's being handled by India Post and duty is levied by the Indian Customs, then I believe the local post office/ station will give you a call once they receive the shipment to let you know that duty has been charged and the amount you need to pay. Next, the local postal delivery guy will come with the shipment and a duty receipt and collect the amount payable from you and deliver the shipment to you along with the receipt.

OTOH, when they call you to let you know the additional duty amount from the post office you can also ask them to hold the shipment and then go and collect it from them after clearing the amount. In this case, it's best not to delay and get the shipment from the post office ASAP.

If it's being handled by India Post and duty is levied by the Indian Customs, then I believe the local post office/ station will give you a call once they receive the shipment to let you know that duty has been charged and the amount you need to pay. Next, the local postal delivery guy will come with the shipment and a duty receipt and collect the amount payable from you and deliver the shipment to you along with the receipt.

OTOH, when they call you to let you know the additional duty amount from the post office you can also ask them to hold the shipment and then go and collect it from them after clearing the amount. In this case, it's best not to delay and get the shipment from the post office ASAP.
What is we dont want to pay the duties instead? Do we get refund from the seller in such cases or we are left with no option but to pay duties and get the item.

What is we dont want to pay the duties instead? Do we get refund from the seller in such cases or we are left with no option but to pay duties and get the item.
How come seller responsible for duty and for refund in this case ?

As for duty if u dont accept the package they will send back to the custom department and later you will get a notice to pay the import duty.

Back