Airtel Broadband Double Speed offer

Satan said:
Listen up guys. These guys lie through their teeth.

Try this

Send the word DELIGHT in an SMS to 53636 from the mobile number that you have provided as an alternate contact number to your AirTel landphone. This will only work if your mobile phone number is registered with them as a alternate contact number.

You'll receive an SMS saying it takes 96 hours to activate the feature but you'll later find out that it takes upto 12 days which is supposed to be approximately 96 working hours.

I got mine activated today. It's all good.

so the FUP of my plan 1699 would be same and not be decreased even if I get 2mbps plan..ryt ?

Just now i contacted CC and they said that the delight offer is withdrawn. So they asked me to send speed to 53636. They also told me that this offer will carry calls worth Rs.100. So if we utilise the free calls, then we get the BB speed update for free.

Just want to to let working folks who claim tax benefit on phone and broadband bills know that with retrospective effect, tax benefits on phone and broadband are withdrawn by the govt. So, for this year, we won't be getting any tax benefit on those 1K+ broadband bills that we are paying for.

This is FYI for you folks. I'm considering downgrading :( .

Guys even i got a mail from Airtel Chennai to double the speed just have to pay 100 and i get rs 100 worth calls free as well :D. I have been a airtel customer for a year now and CC guys told that this offer is for few existing customers and not for everyone. I am not sure whether this is true :huh:

I am in 256 kpbs unlimited plan and its 799 Pm. This plan is a very old plan and the CC was not able to provide the FUP on this plan:huh:

She was not able to provide the FUP if the speed is doubled by paying 100 bucks. Not sure whether to go for this or not.

Its a great offer... for 100 bucks i get 512 Kpbs download... just wanted to check from folks out here whether its good to go for this or not

anfjavid said:
Just now i contacted CC and they said that the delight offer is withdrawn. So they asked me to send speed to 53636. They also told me that this offer will carry calls worth Rs.100. So if we utilise the free calls, then we get the BB speed update for free.

Where are you from ?

coolraghav said:
so the FUP of my plan 1699 would be same and not be decreased even if I get 2mbps plan..ryt ?

Have you checked with Airtel ? I don't think double speed offer is valid in Delhi /NCR atleast not according the CC .

EDIT - Just texted " speed " to 53636 , and got this reply " Thank you for subscribing to Airtel 2x spped offer , will be activated in 7 days - Team Airtel . "

So I am guessing this thing is valid in NCR / Delhi as well :S .. In that case Customer Support really sucks !

Can do it here.

Code:
http://airtel.in/doublespeed/

Apparently its for anyone on any plan and does take a maximum of 96 working hours (12 days) to get activated. Dunno about the 1299 thing though.

Well NCR CC told me thats its only applicable to users having 128-256 kbps speed. Not more than that...WTF !

anyway I did sign up where ankit told, but i really dont think it will be valid in 1699 plan :S

blr_p said:
Not exactly, they suck when its comes to info thats in your interest as opposed to theirs :)

There's a reason they are called Customer Support though :bleh: , Atleast they should know what plan's & offers the company is offering .. but yea for issues other than that their support has been excellent .. faulty modem etc replaced within 24 hours .

coolraghav said:
Well NCR CC told me thats its only applicable to users having 128-256 kbps speed. Not more than that...WTF !

Same here ! :mad:

Ank1t said:
Can do it here.

Code:
http://airtel.in/doublespeed/

Apparently its for anyone on any plan and does take a maximum of 96 working hours (12 days) to get activated. Dunno about the 1299 thing though.

Yes , applied there as well .

For whoever missed Jan offer,

Send "SPEED" to 53636 and your speed will be doubled in 7 WORKING Days. And it is definately applicable to all 1Mbps(1699) plan user :)

PhotostarSR said:
For whoever missed Jan offer,

Send "SPEED" to 53636 and your speed will be doubled in 7 WORKING Days. And it is definately applicable to all 1Mbps(1699) plan user :)

has this been tested ? coz NCR CC doesn't say anything like this.

Applied for it on the website and also applied for the 1099 Turbo plan shift. Now if this is true then I should get 1Mbps during day and 2Mbps during night, HOPEFULLY! :)

Crazysah said:
I don't think it is applicable on plans which have different speeds in the day and night.
Why not? The page itself does not clearly state any schemes which are not included in this service.

Notice their statement for FUP on that page:
* Speed subject to Airtel's Fair Usage Policy which may be modified from time to time. If any tariff plan has differential speed between day and night, then FUP quota would consider day time downloads only.

So this is an indication that even the day and night separate speed schemes should be included.

Anyway, I have applied for it and when I shot a mail across to the wecare address, I got a reply saying that it's available on for DTH customers. So had a long chat with CC rep and they first said the same thing about it being available only to DTH, then checked with some superiors and said that it's available for both normal broadband and DTH users as well.

This is really confusing the hell out of me. Not sure why Airtel is being so vague about this scheme and why isn't the CC reps informed about it? :S

Back