Airtel Broadband Double Speed offer

Just call the CC and raise a complaint guys...Just call them. Don't hesitate!

They respond to ALL the queries...no matter what.

They of-course can help you better than we at TE!

PhotostarSR said:
Just call the CC and raise a complaint guys...Just call them. Don't hesitate!

They respond to ALL the queries...no matter what.
They of-course can help you better than we at TE!
I have escalated this case since last week. I also quoted Desibond's landline number to these people and they say that it's a company a/c, whereas it's a normal home broadband a/c. I explained to them that many people have got it activated and they still claim that this is either for DTH customers or it's like the speed on demand thing. I'm totally confused now. I think it's because of the vague information that Airtel has put up on the website, that it's causing such a confusion. I'll call them again and let's see what happens.

Can any of you guys who have got this activated on your plan (512kbps or > )please PM me your landline number so that I can pawn the damn CC :mad: ..

They don't know shit !

Even i am eagerly waiting for it. Last week when i called them, they assured me that activation will be done in 96 hrs but i forgot to ask whether this is the max. period or min.period..

Got it done last week, after my 12 days or 96working hours were over, i blasted the cc and raised a complaint to get it done, then i shouted that if i had gone for a plan upgrade it would have only taken 3 working days, whereas the so called delight offer takes 12 days!!. Got my speed doubled the next day to 1mbps! :)

aayushjoshi said:
Got it done last week, after my 12 days or 96working hours were over, i blasted the cc and raised a complaint to get it done, then i shouted that if i had gone for a plan upgrade it would have only taken 3 working days, whereas the so called delight offer takes 12 days!!. Got my speed doubled the next day to 1mbps! :)
Dude, PM me your landling number or a/c number and I'll see what these punks have to say about it now. How come you Banglore guys are getting it done so fast? Also what reply did they give you about this scheme?

But guys, this is the offer given by them free of cost. They do charge Rs.100 but thats for calls only. So this double speed is free of cost. So even if they dont keep up their promise, how come we have that right to question them ?. Not supporting them, just asking.

anfjavid said:
But guys, this is the offer given by them free of cost. They do charge Rs.100 but thats for calls only. So this double speed is free of cost. So even if they dont keep up their promise, how come we have that right to question them ?. Not supporting them, just asking.
The website clearly states that the speeds are doubled by paying Rs.100 extra on the bill. It doesn't indicate against what the Rs.100 is being applied. Nor does it give an explicit detail of what plan it does/doesn't include. So all I know is that I want double the Internet speed as posted on that link. They can keep those 100 free calls to themselves.

Antidote said:
guys i have 2mbps UL....think i could get 4mbps if i call up the customer care? :ashamed:

M8, this offer applies to users of upto 1Mb/s only . It doesnt apply for 2+ Mb/s Customers. This was stated by the CC. Did you confirm with them ??

the call center people seem to have no clue about this offer. spoke to 3 different people and someone at a senior position too. i applied on the 23rd on all 3 connections that i have via the web link and the speed hasn't been upgraded on any of them.

Again from bangalore, was running on 1MBPPS @ 1700+ tax.

got the offer in mail, subscribed on 26th jan for the offer.

took quite long for the activation ~ 20 days, however i am getting great speeds for the past 10 days or so. no problems at all, even azureus runs @ average of 230kbps

@vb86: callcenter guys in bangalore had a very good idea about it all. In fact, they even informed me when i first called them (jan 26) that it could take a while, about 8-10 days. Ended up taking more like 20 days.

Back