Airtel Broadband Double Speed offer

Yesterday one airtel sales Rep came to my house and I asked him a doubt regarding the double speed. First he dint understand my question and he was just saying something irrelevant. Then i explained him about this new speed upgrade offer. He says that he was not informed about this. WTF :mad:. He says that he joined Airtel recently. Whatever may be the case, Airtel superiors have to keep these Reps updated about all these.

Ethan_Hunt said:
Why not? The page itself does not clearly state any schemes which are not included in this service.

Notice their statement for FUP on that page:
So this is an indication that even the day and night separate speed schemes should be included.

Anyway, I have applied for it and when I shot a mail across to the wecare address, I got a reply saying that it's available on for DTH customers. So had a long chat with CC rep and they first said the same thing about it being available only to DTH, then checked with some superiors and said that it's available for both normal broadband and DTH users as well.

This is really confusing the hell out of me. Not sure why Airtel is being so vague about this scheme and why isn't the CC reps informed about it? :S

Did you ask what plans the double speed offeris valid for?

Crazysah said:
Did you ask what plans the double speed offeris valid for?
I did and guess what? They are completely puzzled about it. Their opening statement is always "It's only for the DTH customers". My reply "Where on that god forsaken website does it even remotely reflect the word DTH?"

They consult their superiors and still mixed responses. What the hell is going on? The reps are completely lost and don't even know which link I'm talking about. It's only when I direct it to them, they come to know it even existed. :mad:

I'm almost on the verge of giving up and continuing on with my existing plan. :(

UPDATES:

1. This offer is NOT ONLY for DTH users! Its for all* the Airtel Broadband Users.

2. *This offer is NOT applicable to users who are on multiple speeds. Ex: Morning 512kbps and night 1mbps.

PhotostarSR said:
UPDATES:
1. This offer is NOT ONLY for DTH users! Its for all* the Airtel Broadband Users.
2. *This offer is NOT applicable to users who are on multiple speeds. Ex: Morning 512kbps and night 1mbps.

Where did you get this info from? Also, what all plans is it applicable on?

last week I got a call from Airtel offering me 2Mbps at 100 bucks extra price.

My plan then was 1Mbps for 1824/- per month (taxes included).

new plan:

speed: 2Mbps

price: 1924/- (approx) (tax included) and I get another 100 rupee worth calls free for my Airtel landline.

and it got activated in two days time.

I sent them SMS "SPEED" at 53636 on 20th Feb.

I immediately got a confirmation SMS that it will be activated in 7 days. So far nothing.

BTW, I have 256 unlimited and I am in Gurgaon.

desiibond said:

new plan:

price: 1924/- (approx) (tax included) and I get another 100 rupee worth calls free for my Airtel landline.

activate in 2days :O .seriously i thought it was a prank(april is near :p ).
hmmm so airtel was serious about this.
dude that sounds great ... cheers!
i have signed up for one,waiting for their 96 hours to complete.. :ashamed:

desiibond said:

new plan:

2 days are you sure...cause even i applied for it..currently on 512...its been a week since i registered...n till now not upgraded...when i called up the call centre they said it takes 96 working hours...thats about 8-12 working days

deven_x said:
2 days are you sure...cause even i applied for it..currently on 512...its been a week since i registered...n till now not upgraded...when i called up the call centre they said it takes 96 working hours...thats about 8-12 working days

Same here... It takes 96 working hours... Eagerly waiting...

arnavk007 said:
why dun u take 1 mbps ul for 550 . last week airtel called me abt it even though i have d 1700 plan
Say what? 1Mbps for 550? You gotta be kidding me.

Anyway, my update with this whole double speed "fiasco" is really tiring the hell out of me. I'll wait for sometime and if they don't provide a satisfactory response, then I'll chuck the whole plan.

Finally i got a call from Airtel yesterday and they told my speed will be doubled by max..Monday :)

For those who are not getting double speed even after sending SMS, just call 121 and raise a complaint. They will solve it. Thats how i did it!!

BTW, this offer expired on 25th Feb. So if anyone has sent message after 25th..Badluck guys :/

It has been 8 days but my speed has yet not been doubled.

As mentioned earlier, I have 256 unlimited and I am in Gurgaon.

Back