Airtel Broadband Double Speed offer

^^ Does that mean airtel will give this double speed offer (due to MTNL competition) only to areas where both exist (Mumbai and Delhi) ??
In that case it is plain ridiculous. I suppose the offer roll out should be pan India.
But cant say as even MTNL did not roll out its double speed thing in Delhi when it did in Mumbai.

Arjun said:
Your speed has been increased because MTNL delhi is now giving 512 kbps @ 599 per month along with Rs 100 free calls, free modem , installation & registration. Airtel was forced to double your speds because of this offer by mtnl .MTNL is still better because there is no FUP in their plans.

Not really, I've used both and MTNL has lot of issues. Firstly MTNL is plauged w/ very frequent disconnections. Also their support staff's knowledge of the hardware/software is equivalent to that of a 12 year old. Even airtel's support staff isn't that great but it's still better than MTNL and there are barely any disconnects on Airtel.

I'm so confused right now, as to go for VFM or peace of mind..

^^ Mohit i am not sure how good or bad airtel is but being a MTNL user, i would recommend it. In my case disconnections rarely happen and downtimes are close to negligible. I suggest got for MTNL. Just My opinion.

Finally got my speed doubled up... i raised the request on Feb 19th and Today the March 9th it got activated... so its exactly 18 days... i had to open up a couple of complaints and rigorous followups.... made them do it... I am in Chennai... As of March 5th the offer has been withdrawn....

So guys keep following up with them otherwise they wont do it....

:hap2: Finally got double speed :hap2::hap2:

a week back(march-1) called CC and told them , i had signed up for double speed thro Airtel Website on FEB 19( i believe airtel doesn't keep a record/database for this).the airtel guy totally bought it and raised a request ..but after 2 day's a got SMS from airtel stating the issue is resolved.but my speed was not doubled... called CC again and referred the request number.he assured me it would be done in week's time,i lost all hopes... but to my surprise double speed was activated from 8- march, excatly after 1 week . try with same request num.. or don't raise too many request or maybe i'm just lucky... :rofl:

arnavk007 said:
what i said was correct bt after 5 gigs of usage it comes down 2 256kbps

No... i confirmed that... The FUP of your original plan applies here when you double up the speed. For my 256 KPBS the FUP is 100GB. I confirmed this from the technical folks at customer service and after 100GB it will be 256 kpbs.

I upgraded mine too. Now I get 512kbps for 899 + tax.

^^The Airtel guys told me if there is a FUP in your orginal plan then only you'll have it in the upgrade. The double speed is simply a topup like offer not a plan as such.

WOW!

I'm in Delhi and currently have the Home 649 Combo(256 kbps unlimited + free Rs 100 calls). This plan isnt advertised anymore cos its the cheapest unlimited plan. After going through this thread, I casually checked speedtest.net and was pleasantly surprised to get this result:

I'm not sure what to make of this but I think my speed has been doubled by default! Anybody else experienced something similar? Especially in Delhi/NCR?:clap:

There is definitely something wrong. Now I'm getting these speeds:

And of course, I sent no sms or called up CC to double my broadband speed. Whats going on here?!?!?

I got the speed upgraded. My plan is 512kbps (old plan and now getting 1Mb/s). If i downgrade my plan to 256Kb/s or upgrade it to 1Mb/s will the x2 apply ?. i.e., In this case will i get 512Kb/s or 2Mb/s respectively ?

anfjavid said:
I got the speed upgraded. My plan is 512kbps (old plan and now getting 1Mb/s). If i downgrade my plan to 256Kb/s or upgrade it to 1Mb/s will the x2 apply ?. i.e., In this case will i get 512Kb/s or 2Mb/s respectively ?

Where are you from ? I don't think any one in New Delhi or NCR has managed to get double speed topup activated .. :huh:

Back