A+E vs Pakistan ESWC 2007 :D

l33t_5n1p3r_max said:
@ Wolverine - Don't joke mate. Its nice you won and all but seriously.. Everytime a Pakistani guy goes to ESWC/WCG theres always a better player back at home. Last year for wc3 they sent that rafey guy who got owned and started crying about not sending D-machine or hacker or some other per0.

You won the CS game. fair and square. I'm still surprised though. a+e were bad enough to lose to Havok and Tunisia. Chalo.. always WCG to hope for.

@Anish - My mistake :p

Dude !
i m not jokin!
they are like 4 5th best !
and WC3 Sucks in Pakistan !!
so please look forward for a+e vs Pakistan series ! or india vs pakistan Series if u could helpme out i can come with my team Immortalz

well ppl get upset everytime indian team looses abroad @ international tourneys. yes they do have exposure, but what really matters is not the exposure. its the domestic scene that matters. the teams that has been winning here has been acid who have been dominant in india & now ate. the domestic scene sux bad & no1 usually has given these 2 teams competition so they really will never improve in the international scene. unless the local players are good who are giving ate fight at every tourney & also beating them in big tourneys only then will the overall standard increase, & i just dont mean 1 or 2 teams giving a fight. there have to be like 8 - 10 good teams. international exposure means jackshit when players locally arent up to the mark.

its like cricket, unless your domestic scene is good you wont do good internationally no matter how much exposure u get, bangladesh has lots of exposure but they still suck apart from the 1 off win they get in 2 years time.

Lets pray that we get the same groups for this WCG then. I still think a+e screwed up this ESWC. They were'nt top of the line but they were'nt bad enough to get owned by tunisia.

Shit, I was so proud when those guys took on nip at kode5 last year...oh well.. I still have the succesful sub-launched nuclear missile to be happy about.

@ Wolverine - That could be true. Btw, are D-machine and all still playing? Do you know those guys? I have'nt heard from in a year I think.

Nikunj missed getting into the second group by ONE point. LyC got through with 2 wins, 2 draws and 1 loss compared to 2 wins, 1 draw and 2 losses for nikunj. Oh well.. at least theres some game we're good at. Its funny how the cs population in India is 20x greater than the wc3 population and yet the CS people don't seem to be good enough to beat Pakistan or tunisia while the wc3 guys can beat the top.

Last year sagar owned gostop , who was favored to win the tournament and this year nikunj owned lyc who could be amongst the best chinese players after sky.

In other games - We got owned in q4, we got owned in TM, we got owned in PES3. Nothing has changed since the first team went for WCG : P.

D-Machine ?
I never heard of him lol ! i m playing CS for 5 Years Professionally In paki !
u Remember Sasuke ?
btw i m coming to India this Sep with my mom ! shes from UP i guess tell me any good Gaming Zone ther e!

Hmm.. I don't know how you don't know him. Hes from that giki thing , the university or something. Used to play q3 CTF.

@ The coming to UP part - you won't find any good gaming zone in UP. Sure you'll find the millions of reliance web worlds where you can sit and connect to servers but thats all.

stormblast said:
well ppl get upset everytime indian team looses abroad @ international tourneys. yes they do have exposure, but what really matters is not the exposure. its the domestic scene that matters. the teams that has been winning here has been acid who have been dominant in india & now ate. the domestic scene sux bad & no1 usually has given these 2 teams competition so they really will never improve in the international scene. unless the local players are good who are giving ate fight at every tourney & also beating them in big tourneys only then will the overall standard increase, & i just dont mean 1 or 2 teams giving a fight. there have to be like 8 - 10 good teams. international exposure means jackshit when players locally arent up to the mark.

its like cricket, unless your domestic scene is good you wont do good internationally no matter how much exposure u get, bangladesh has lots of exposure but they still suck apart from the 1 off win they get in 2 years time.

very true. no amount of local practice will help in international tournies if you're constanly playing players/teams worse than you.

l33t_5n1p3r_max said:
Last year for wc3 they sent that rafey guy who got owned and started crying about not sending D-machine or hacker or some other per0.

Who enlightened you with this brilliant piece of information? (except for the ownage part... thats true). And who is per0 oO

^ There used to be a pak gamers forum or something, and I lurk around on quiet a few sites related to Pakistan and I picked it up from there. From what I recall going by the discussion there was that rafey was not the best in Pakistan at that moment, and some of the forumers around there were pretty pissed off.

per0 = pro with that desi slang.

I got you wrong there... you probably meant "they" started crying, which is probably true as well from what i recall (there were 2-3 such people)

And D-Machine still plays, not regularly though according to him. And he doesn't belong to that giki thing :p

^ : ) Glad to know he still plays. We met back when the FTGL was starting off, too bad it stopped. :( Also, funnily enough it looks like India and Pakistan both route their internet data through opposite ends of the world lol. Everytime I see a Pakistani guy on gg client I pingu at least 450 ms to him.

So who's the top wc3 guy in Pakistan right now?

Seriously, i get crappy ping to both Indians AND Iranians... even though both countries are next to Pakistan.

Warcraft is kind of dead here, there are just 4-5 decent players, and all are at almost the same level.

i wish we had some kind of league in India like CAL or CPL, maybe at least then local talent will improve. At least it will mean a lot more competitive CS and less Pugging and scrimming in Lans like we have all over the place. IMO, there's an abundance of CS talent out there, there just isnt a system of allowing clans to compete with teams having similar skill levels. Because India has a fair bunch of good players, but we lack the higher skill level of gameplay that can only come by playing against multiple teams of equal or greater skill.

same pakistan team has been invited to india to play india WCG national winners this year. and it will happen on sept 10 in mumbai :)

Well, it seems ATE beat the competetion :bleh:

Didnt see the match, maybe someone who saw it or was present there can throw some light on the proceedings ;)

^^the touch was always there,

its just that 3 of them decided to go take a stroll in the paris streets looking fr ;) in the night before the match.

Back