A+E vs Pakistan ESWC 2007 :D

Paks is obviously superior to us.
After all they get training in 'real-life' :2guns: as well as in CSS.
But we, mindless :blabla: in tech/game forums and then 'GFing' and then CSSing.

So, who will win ?? answer is the result :ashamed:

guys.

why bash them like bashing the indian cricket team? :p

They are not coming on TV selling products or anything. :bleh:

Let the gaming scene in the country improve a bit more.

If I told my parents that I wanted to take up gaming as a career, they would have kicked me out of the house long time ago. :p

In india, with our conservative culture, gaming as a career is not possible for most serious gamers, because of.... parents. :)

And for people who are working now. Will u quit your job for the sake of gaming?

@ the people who're saying its a "parents don't let us issue" - Is that not the case in Pakistan? Have the a+e guys not practiced enough? They're good enough to own every single clan in india.

@ Anish - Why is that crap? How many Pakistani gamers have you talked to to come to the conclusion that they are not as good as us?

Anyways, its just a computer game. No need to get hyped over it. I'm just pissed because I was expecting a+e to do really well this time after their decent outing at kode5 (yeah so nip were toying around, who cares?). Better luck next time guys.

l33t_5n1p3r_max said:
@ Anish - Why is that crap? How many Pakistani gamers have you talked to to come to the conclusion that they are not as good as us?
Ohh no no, I was ruing A+E's loss, didn't mean the crap towards Pak gamers ;)

@ biosbhai - Its also a certain lack of the industry being present in India.

Why don't Engg Coll's offer game dev. as a specialized addon to Comp Sci, and bring in companies like EA to recruit these guys ?

Unless parents realise their kids can make a serious buck outta gaming, they'll criticize it, after all, parents just want their kids to get settled in life, and at the moment a career in gaming in India WONT help them do that.

Dude's i m from Pakistan
we have playing cs for now like 6 Years !
our lvl is same as yours! as today!
Your ppl most awaited match! is Over and the victory is in the hands of Pakistan!
Anyways i think there should be leagues between these 2 countries !
please Pass your comments !

Anish said:
Why don't Engg Coll's offer game dev. as a specialized addon to Comp Sci, and bring in companies like EA to recruit these guys ?

its not the Engg Coll's fault dude its just that in india the gaming industry is looked down since there are no development companies in india
there are lackhs of outsourcing companies scattered all around the country (bombay,pune,delhi,hydrabad,banglore,madras,etc.....)
the list goes on they are usually Mobile gaming companies the only company that is right now working officially on X360 i.e the XNA platform with DX10 is Gameloft which is in Pune and Hydrabad. at hydrabad the delevelopment goes on of all the latest Ubisoft games since its a sister company of Ubisoft.
and its not the companies fault that there are less indians who are in the gaming development industry leave it cuz they feel there is no future in gaming and turn to software development/ATM developemnt
soo there is no one to blame if gamers themselves learn coding or 3d and try for a gaming company they definately can make a difference.

Hehe i was going thru your posts ! btw i need to tell u guyz this team Havoc was the 5th best team here ! due to our papers and some other issues we didnt played with our full lineups ! so they had a chance to dominate!
Our best team right now is Immortalz beated havoc in De_dust2
16 - 3 :) AT WCG 2007 in Qauter Finals
so i think Immortalz would do a better job in WCG :) as it is My mates clan :)

biosbhai said:
guys.

why bash them like bashing the indian cricket team? :p

They are not coming on TV selling products or anything. :bleh:

Let the gaming scene in the country improve a bit more.

If I told my parents that I wanted to take up gaming as a career, they would have kicked me out of the house long time ago. :p

In india, with our conservative culture, gaming as a career is not possible for most serious gamers, because of.... parents. :)

And for people who are working now. Will u quit your job for the sake of gaming?

i totally disagree with u dude i've been working in a gaming company for almost 2 yrs now started off as a game tester now a senior gfx designer
and as far as gaming in india is concernd it sucks pretty much but ppl abroad are that dumb to buy games wht india makes.
and as for gaming a carrier its totally agreed but wht do u wana become when u go in a gaming company and ask for wht??:huh:
AFA parents are concerned its ur bad luck if u have conservative parents.:tongue:

Anish said:

Unless parents realise their kids can make a serious buck outta gaming, they'll criticize it, after all, parents just want their kids to get settled in life, and at the moment a career in gaming in India WONT help them do that.
Sadly, Indian parents want their kids to go to IIT and get a job in a Microsoft, Wipro, Infosys, Yahoo, Google, etc. Plus, the market in the US is crowded with 21 year olds into game dev and testing - EA was situated right next to my last company and when I visited, I was really surprised to see a huge number of kids on their testing teams. Apparently, their parents do not make choices for them ;)

@ Wolverine - Don't joke mate. Its nice you won and all but seriously.. Everytime a Pakistani guy goes to ESWC/WCG theres always a better player back at home. Last year for wc3 they sent that rafey guy who got owned and started crying about not sending D-machine or hacker or some other per0.

You won the CS game. fair and square. I'm still surprised though. a+e were bad enough to lose to Havok and Tunisia. Chalo.. always WCG to hope for.

@Anish - My mistake :p

RiO said:
Apparently, their parents do not make choices for them ;)

So true..... I have personally seen the bad effects of that i.e parents thinking they know best ALWAYS. Luckily my parents are not like that.

RiO said:
Sadly, Indian parents want their kids to go to IIT and get a job in a Microsoft, Wipro, Infosys, Yahoo, Google, etc. Plus, the market in the US is crowded with 21 year olds into game dev and testing - EA was situated right next to my last company and when I visited, I was really surprised to see a huge number of kids on their testing teams. Apparently, their parents do not make choices for them ;)
Well true. But if IIT's offer Game Design as a M.Tech after a Comp Sci. B.Tech and the game industry matches Microsoft's pay package then things will change, that's my point.

RiO said:
I'd been to the EA headquarters at Redwood City, CA in '05.

sweet :hap2:
u shud chk out the hydrabad office then its damn interesting got some crazy cybercafe thing goin on below the building loads of high end PC BF2142 full high multiplayer its awsome and good:hap2:

Hmm..

I told you guys not to get too excited. Lol.

Well, whatever happened, Happened.

Hopefully, they got good practice, and will do better @ WCG/Kode5

u hafta create opportunities..period
but yea spoon fed kids shud go to iit ...no offense :p

btw im workin as a game tester under THQ here in delhi..

and yea back to topic
dissin the home team wont help ..let them have their fun and ill second d motion fer paki/indian cs servers :p peace forbid

Back