[Politics] AAP wins Delhi election. AK set for CM for the next 5 years.

Support ? soonest BJP can control the RS is 2018 and this is being optimistic. two thirds support in both houses and then there is the president. yeah, the founding fathers put a lot of hurdles in the way.

i want to post some grabs from a video on r k laxman by cnn-ibn. Captures the mood of the moment. Similar patterns every time a new govt comes in. We just don't remember. So we keep on repeating the same things.

uUziaJP.jpg

Was anyone afraid of Rajiv ?

NG3pXBc.jpg

Remember this ? we've seen worse before.

XSLZ6Hn.png

This came out shortly after. Yet people are still saying the same today.

vmcRuNd.jpg

is this how things are today ?

fear is toxic.

It is going to do jack. I just traveled a few hours ago from: Chandni Chown ---> Sohna Road. Groaaan...I was cursing my self for the traffic and lawlessness. We need like 2-3 lakh more traffic cops (honest ones) to fix things.
"Honest" & "cops" do not come in one line.

I don't understand why people are ready to criticize Kejriwal even before he is given a chance!
Firstly, he has better credentials than most politicians. Also people need to respect the mandate given by Delhi's citizens. Let him do his job for few months, then complain.

http://www.opindia.com/2015/02/modi...modi-haters-cant-hear-here-are-few-reactions/

First they would question the silence. When he speaks, it's because of Obama!
No matter what he does. Haters gonna hate.
So anybody who speaks against Modi is a "hater" but you can say anything about Kejriwal, his kids, his caste, etc. as that doesn't matter. At least respect every human being equally - Modi or Kejriwal.
Don't you think that Modi's speech came a little too late? It was definitely not due to Obama but loss in Delhi elections. I am not judging Modi as a person but you'll agree that the whole religious fiasco has tarnished his image. For the first time, a man who didn't lose a chance to silence his detractors, sealed his lips shut.
And only words are going to help how? If you're thinking a single RSS-VHP-whatever_Hindu_group leader is going to jail, you're gotta be kidding me. The Delhi police commissioner has already said that the fire in the church was due to short circuit & the school attack was a robbery.

Don't you think that Modi's speech came a little too late? It was definitely not due to Obama but loss in Delhi elections. I am not judging Modi as a person but you'll agree that the whole religious fiasco has tarnished his image. For the first time, a man who didn't lose a chance to silence his detractors, sealed his lips shut.
I'll wait for more probing research to explain the Delhi results.

And only words are going to help how? If you're thinking a single RSS-VHP-whatever_Hindu_group leader is going to jail, you're gotta be kidding me. The Delhi police commissioner has already said that the fire in the church was due to short circuit & the school attack was a robbery.
Do you have reason to doubt the police commissioner ?

I'll wait for more probing research to explain the Delhi results.
Yeah!
The researches from different political parties would be as follows:
1. Congress: - "Not Rahul Gandhi's fault"
2. BJP:- "Poll results are not referendum on Modi"
3. AAP: "Told you so!"

Do you have reason to doubt the police commissioner ?
Absolutely not! He is the most honest man in the country, free to do his work without any political pressure, whatsoever.
The constant stream of vandalism of Christian institutions are just random accidents and it is just a co-incidence that they are happening again and again. Also the ghar-wapsi is a fake propaganda by the media to defame the peaceful groups like RSS & VHP. The videos where BJP MPs are giving outrageous religious statements are all doctored.[DOUBLEPOST=1424242439][/DOUBLEPOST]
Weren't you the guy who accused me to be the king of stereotyping.
You wanted to argue that everybody had to find the AIB roast video offensive. And since some didn't, they were fools. Then you concluded that the people of Delhi are fools.
While it can be debated whether all policemen in India are corrupt or not, I do not think my comment was anywhere near as absurd as yours.

Last edited:
I think yours is way over the top.

"1:You wanted to argue that everybody had to find the AIB roast video offensive. 2:And since some didn't, they were fools. 3:Then you concluded that the people of Delhi are fools."

1: Yes
2: Fools. Nope. Classless. Yep.
3: Ofcourse they are. All 60% of the AAP voters.

^^ If you feel that everybody has to agree with your point of view & vote for your favorite political party, else they are fools, classless, whatever, then I do not see any point in having any discussion with you.
BTW, you should also take a look at the poll results at the AIB thread.

"Honest" & "cops" do not come in one line.

I don't understand why people are ready to criticize Kejriwal even before he is given a chance!
Firstly, he has better credentials than most politicians. Also people need to respect the mandate given by Delhi's citizens. Let him do his job for few months, then complain.

So anybody who speaks against Modi is a "hater" but you can say anything about Kejriwal, his kids, his caste, etc. as that doesn't matter. At least respect every human being equally - Modi or Kejriwal.
Firstly I don't even buy into this communal argument. Media and psuedo-seculars are hyping it, as if these things did not happen under other regimes in last 65 years.
Funny how you only included Hindu organizations in your comment. I for one know which religions/groups presently pose bigger threat to the world/India.
Regarding Delhi church incident, It was a robbery. And there have been more than 400 robberies in temples in Delhi alone in the last year. We would never see media making a fuss about it.

Last edited:
^^ If you feel that everybody has to agree with your point of view & vote for your favorite political party, else they are fools, classless, whatever, then I do not see any point in having any discussion with you.
BTW, you should also take a look at the poll results at the AIB thread.

I do not feel anything.
I have an opinion.

And as for those poll results, it is a sad sad day.

I asked it there, and no I repeat the question here as well.
Why was Jeremy clarkson made to apologise for the remarks in his India special when they were nowhere near as offensive as the AIB.
This country is full of hypocrites.

Firstly I don't even buy into this communal argument. Media and psuedo-seculars are hyping it, as if these things did not happen under other regimes in last 65 years.
Funny how you only included Hindu organizations in your comment. I for one know which religions/groups presently pose bigger threat to the world/India.
Regarding Delhi church incident, It was a robbery. And there have been more than 400 robberies in temples in Delhi alone in the last year. We would never see media making a fuss about it.

I am a Hindu & when I see some idiots, who by the way have no idea about the religion, does stupid things in the name of Indian culture, I feel ashamed. There are other communities that are worse but that doesn't mean that we have to follow suit.
And what enmity does the media have with the NDA govt. in particular? As far as I can remember, Congress supporters used say that media is blowing things out of proportion when different scams came to light. It will always be media's fault, no matter what happens.

This country is full of hypocrites.
I agree. And you're one of them, if you believe that everything has to be according to your wishes otherwise people are fools.

Oh but you see its not as hard as you say. Once he starts dismissing people, the rest will fall in line. They will want to talk and no-one can justify not working. The reason they can do it now is cause the people ordering them are the same. Let them take the union route, he will start hiring for positions, once that happens either they get effed or they come to their senses. Its very simple, either they step up or step down. There is no middle path here.
Doing this will massively damage his vote bank. He already ordered not to demolish illegal housings. He will back down, everyone backs down in front of unions. He won't dismiss a single low level employee, some administrative persons can be laid off as they do not participate much in unions, but he won't take single step against the low level employees.

I have every right to express my displeasure towards a political party. And do you even know what a hypocrite is? Its a person who propagates one thing and does the other. Which I do not. And you have no roght to pass such defamatory statements against me without any substance in them.

Oh wait a minute. I forgot that you support AAP. Your party is based on this sole ground itself.

6 companies which have relations making meters for power companies. Then disappeared. evidence to send shiela dixit to jail. Then file disappears.

^^ I do not support any particular political party. I do feel that AK has better credentials than most politicians. I am just asking you to respect the mandate given by the people of Delhi. In a year or so, it will be clear if his govt. can deliver the promises made. Remember, this is democracy. If he doesn't deliver, the same people who gave him the thumping majority will boot him out. Until then, can't we just wait & watch?
So you can call 60% population of a particular state fools but if I call you hypocrite, then it is defamatory! Talk about irony.
You are crying about a foreigner made to apologize (which I think was wrong to do) for making fun of India but find an adult show with limited audience with disclaimers offensive. Which is fine BTW, calling anybody who watched the show "classless" isn't.[DOUBLEPOST=1424267916][/DOUBLEPOST]Regarding the file disappearances, I would like to know more about it. You have any links to news articles, then kindly do post.

Yeah!
The researches from different political parties would be as follows:
1. Congress: - "Not Rahul Gandhi's fault"
2. BJP:- "Poll results are not referendum on Modi"
3. AAP: "Told you so!"
i was referring to more serious commentary , such as this. It will take time to understand so i don't buy the easy media narratives. One line caught my eye in that op-ed.

The unelected RSS is typically more powerful when the BJP’s elected leader falters.

So who gets stronger (Modi or RSS) after the Delhi result isn't clear as yet, we will only know in the following months. How the BJP changes or not is the open question.

Absolutely not! He is the most honest man in the country, free to do his work without any political pressure, whatsoever.
The constant stream of vandalism of Christian institutions are just random accidents and it is just a co-incidence that they are happening again and again.
Here is the data. Will you allege that this is made up as well ?

i wonder what explains the big jump between 2012-2014 for temples, mosques and gurdwaras ?

Just so you know i'm from Karnataka where over 500 churches got 'attacked' in the 2008-09 time frame. The bulk of them were thefts or vandalism. Now i am not saying that this is ok. But i don't buy into the persecution narrative. It works to get attention and if that's the intent then fine. I can appreciate the fear that is caused when attacks happened in a short space of time. The lack of clear information or a suitable official response leads to more fear in those that live further away and it snowballs.

But swallowing it wholesale without challenging is only going to lead to more fear. And when the govt is asked to respond and does so, my attitude is not take with a pinch of salt but to accept it and review in the future. Did it defuse the situation or not. It is a positive step as far as i'm concerned and do not see any value in underplaying it. Otherwise you're just as partisan as the fanboys on the other side.

Also the ghar-wapsi is a fake propaganda by the media to defame the peaceful groups like RSS & VHP.
That one month long roadshow replete with media interactions :D

The videos where BJP MPs are giving outrageous religious statements are all doctored.
which and who said what ?

Last edited:
TVF posted this video:

Funnily enough we have people getting offended by this video too. You have to wonder how low can one set the bar. I hope it doesn't entice another - This is all happening during Modi government comment.

Last edited:
i was referring to more serious commentary , such as this. It will take time to understand so i don't buy the easy media narratives. One line caught my eye in that op-ed.

The unelected RSS is typically more powerful when the BJP’s elected leader falters.

So who gets stronger (Modi or RSS) after the Delhi result isn't clear as yet, we will only know in the following months. How the BJP changes or not is the open question.
Don't know after the Delhi elections, but RSS has gotten stronger since BJP came to power.
The article was well written, though!
Here is the data. Will you allege that this is made up as well ?

i wonder what explains the big jump between 2012-2014 for temples, mosques and gurdwaras ?

Just so you know i'm from Karnataka where over 500 churches got 'attacked' in the 2008-09 time frame. The bulk of them were thefts or vandalism. Now i am not saying that this is ok. But i don't buy into the persecution narrative. It works to get attention and if that's the intent then fine. I can appreciate the fear that is caused when attacks happened in a short space of time. The lack of clear information or a suitable official response leads to more fear in those that live further away and it snowballs.

But swallowing it wholesale without challenging is only going to lead to more fear. And when the govt is asked to respond and does so, my attitude is not take with a pinch of salt but to accept it and review in the future. Did it defuse the situation or not. It is a positive step as far as i'm concerned and do not see any value in underplaying it. Otherwise you're just as partisan as the fanboys on the other side.
No I won't allege the nos. were made up.
That one month long roadshow replete with media interactions :D
Its still ongoing. It seems the media lost interest.
which and who said what ?
The raamzade vs haraamzade comment, the praise of Nathuram Godse, the 'every Hindu women should produce 4 kids' comment, etc.

Don't know after the Delhi elections, but RSS has gotten stronger since BJP came to power.
The article was well written, though!

No I won't allege the nos. were made up.

The raamzade vs haraamzade comment, the praise of Nathuram Godse, the 'every Hindu women should produce 4 kids' comment, etc.
Looks like Barack Obama has clout over Mohan Bhagwat too... http://indianexpress.com/article/in...bs-sakshi-our-mothers-are-not-baby-factories/

Mohan Bhagwat's latest statements are not helping psuedo-seculars' cause. No wonder it didn't get as much media attention!

How to manage them. Throw them a bone here and there. Give them HRD, censor board, let them make some noise. Get them to settle for as low a political cost as possible while you still have political capital. Now they have a voice and are satisified and you can go about more important business.

I hear its a fast track way to get aadhar card no questions asked :D

So now watch the next six months and see whether these types make the same noise, more or less. Vajpayee had to deal with this intitially but pushed back later. He wanted Jaswant as FM, RSS pushed Yashwant. Think back to that time and what parallels do you see ? early days, this govt has yet to complete its first year.

^^ You are ready to give one year to Modi govt. before judging its performance. How many days will you give Kejriwal govt. for the same?

Back