Which notebook compares to 13" MacBook Air 2013 ?

Some stores in Nehru Place and nearby areas have stock but they are offering discounts from 6%-11% and not offering BTS promo as they are not Apple Premium Re-sellers. I have called up every major re-sellers and in good terms with a direct Apple India employee who is looking after Vijya Sales store sales and he told me that there is no stock in any store be it be Reliance,Chroma, Vijya, Imagine, Future World etc.

Some stores in Nehru Place and nearby areas have stock but they are offering discounts from 6%-11% and not offering BTS promo as they are not Apple Premium Re-sellers. I have called up every major re-sellers and in good terms with a direct Apple India employee who is looking after Vijya Sales store sales and he told me that there is no stock in any store be it be Reliance,Chroma, Vijya, Imagine, Future World etc.

Same here bro...am also looking for a 13inch with BTS offer asap and no stocks in delhi ncr :(

This is insane. I called up 2 Apple Premium Resellers just now and the word is that the new Air's are not expected anytime before next 10 days. I have been promised the same about 15 days ago. This is a sad situation. The 256 Gb model is available but is insanely priced @ 89K which comes to 78K after the BTS.

Is it available in other cities with the BTS.

This is insane. I called up 2 Apple Premium Resellers just now and the word is that the new Air's are not expected anytime before next 10 days. I have been promised the same about 15 days ago. This is a sad situation. The 256 Gb model is available but is insanely priced @ 89K which comes to 78K after the BTS.

Is it available in other cities with the BTS.

I can ask if you really wanna buy one. I will be coming to Delhi in a day or two and can carry one for you if I find one.

Finally the patience paid off. The sales person from Vijya Sales somehow managed to source a unit for me from somewhere. Using it from last couple of hours. Updating the machine and installing the usual apps. Will post few pics in the night once I get home and get my hands on my P&S.

The hunt which started almost 1.5 months ago is now complete. The unit costed me 63900 exact and no further discounts were offered. Ordering a cover and a keyboard skin from eBay for the MBA :D.

@Switch

Is there any good video where they show entire operation of the MBA and give all details ? Not a usual review type, but actually showing stuff on its screen and giving details. I am confused myself what i want but hope you get what i am trying to say.
Also why is the keyboard skin needed and what purpose does it solve ? Isn't it inconvenient to type when the skin ?

I understand what you are asking. Let me clarify few things for you. Its just another laptop with quite a lot of features some of which are hardware and some are software. Most of the hardware features you will end up using and admiring not so sure about the software ones though.

People can only post reviews about the hardware aspects of the laptop. It is you who has to decide weather the machine will work for you or not. Like I basically surf a lot on my laptop and work with lots of pics(Not editing but viewing) and use my laptop in my bed a lot. I knew before buying the MBA that it will suit my requirements. You have to know before buying a laptop what are your expectations from it. Like if you want to work on designing softwares or want to play games or say work on large spreadsheets that Air is not the machine for you. Yes it can do all of that but there are other machines which can do it better then the Air.

As for the keypad thingy I have a 1.5 year old who likes to bang keyboard keys. That it for him. He had already destroyed one of my Dell's keyboard which I had to replace hence the cover. Its a small investment and a little inconvenient but better be safe then sorry.

The keyboard skin is usually a big turn off for me. Was used with shortcuts for FCP and sometimes you can't figure out if you've pressed the key or not. However, it definitely protects the keyboard from light spills, dust, hair :p , etc..

Congratulations on your purchase. Now the only thing left to do is http://www.macrumors.com/2013/07/30...graphics-card-with-complex-thunderbolt-setup/

Seen the video couple of days ago. Thats a beast setup. Defeats the purpose of the air though :p

Back