Which notebook compares to 13" MacBook Air 2013 ?

@Switch
Haswell MBA available in nehru place...goto HOT in nehru place metro station but they are giving less discount...

I need to buy very quickly ....
Within this week only....
Am thinking of going with any ivy bridge windows lappy for the time being...
As I need to run linux and Windows more

I can understand your predicament but trust me you should wait for Haswell laptops. Currently I only see the Sony Vaio Pro 13 but other cheaper models will start becoming available around September

Last edited by a moderator:
[MENTION=39478]

@hbksabhi Its out of stock everywhere in Delhi. Expected within next 7-10 days.

Yes , its not anywhere .
Today i went out and saw so many windows laptops . But they were ao bad , not evene compaining about OS
But , poor build and quality on these machine pc were horrible 40k-70k

The screen was so bad on all so washed off colors ...
The panel on Macbook air is Super , it just doesnt look TN at all. But i know it is ...

Considering the quality , battery , display , os , performance , ssd ... 64k for mac air is the most VFM computer out there right now , i think thats why no stock :)

Also guys if you are planning on buying a 128 gb MBA to run both OSX and Windows I would advise against it. You will hardly have space for other applications.

When it comes to build qality generally apple is up on top.
I bet there will be so many haswell ultrabooks coming out but they will probably cut costs here and there whereas apple doesnt.
They will claim ultra battery life when it actually won't have as much.

I have experienced myself that windows laptops batteries start exponentially dying out within a year whereas apple laptops the battery is still running strong with minimal degradation after 3 years.

Same with apple and android. Why can't android come out with a phone which doesn't eat up 10-15% battery overnight? Whereas the iphone goes down 2-3% with push and notifications on. And android you got to turn everything off all the time to save battery.

I truly believe despite apple products being somewhat expensive they provide the end user with the most satisfaction.

I still hate apple though for not allowing a file manager of their own and not letting users upload documents and othe type files from safari

I might be wrong but i had read somewhere that the way sony rates its laptop's battery life is by running some 640x480 or 320x*** video continuously in loop on minimum brightness or something. Again i am unsure about it.
But that is not really a way of determining the battery life.
I guess there is no specific way to determine / estimate it anyway.

Guys let's not derails this discussion into another Apple vs Everyone else war. It has been quite civil and ya'll can pat yourselves on the back for it.

@ev1lb0ygen1us Does a part of the card stick out while connected/inserted? It seems like a good solution in theory. Can only discuss practicality if/when someone uses and writes about it.

I went to the local Apple store to try out the rMBP 13 today. The higher model with 8GB RAM will cost 1L after discount.

I have been using my Dell XPS M1530 for the last 5 years and I found the chiclet keyboard a PITA to type on. Also I like the smooth and slippery trackpad of my laptop and the MBPs trackpad had a textured feel which wasn't pleasant for me and my hand kept getting stuck when I was moving the mouse pointer.
But probably the worst thing that I felt was that OSX doesn't allow you to set the resolution higher than 1680x1050. I mean WTF man, first you tout the laptop for it's insane resolution and then you don't let people use it. Apparently the only way to actually use the rMBP at it's actual resolution(2560x1400) will be by installing Windows on it.

Windows doesn't scale well in its current state. Though, it will be rectified in W8.1.

I know of that issue, but at least you have an option. I sit so close to my laptop screen and have a good eyesight that I won't even need to increase the dpi even if I use it at full resolution .
Plus I will have to get used to the chiclet style keyboard. I spent close to 20 minutes with the Pro yesterday and while typing my fingers keep hitting the space in between the keys. Apart from backlighting I don't see any good that this style of keyboard brings to the competition.
This is the kinda keyboard I am used to.
uploadfromtaptalk1374548398652.jpg

Alas everyone has moved on to the island style, including Lenovo so I don't have a lot of choice in this regard except buying and using a good external keyboard which I might actually do while I am coding.

@rdst_1 Read this keyboard review of old vs. new ThinkPad. I think this is what you must be aiming for; the keyboard is the best on ThinkPads. I am waiting to see what Lenovo brings to the Thinkpad range after updating them with Haswell.

@rdst_1 Read this keyboard review of old vs. new ThinkPad. I think this is what you must be aiming for; the keyboard is the best on ThinkPads. I am waiting to see what Lenovo brings to the Thinkpad range after updating them with Haswell.

T440 starts shipping late August. X240 should follow soon. Both are getting options of 1080p screens. Also the X240 is now much sleeker than it's predecessor.

Thinkpad purists still believe Lenovo made a big mistake shifting to chiclet style keyboard.

T440 starts shipping late August. X240 should follow soon. Both are getting options of 1080p screens. Also the X240 is now much sleeker than it's predecessor.

Thinkpad purists still believe Lenovo made a big mistake shifting to chiclet style keyboard.
Yeah, the purists will always be critical of even the slightest changes. Moreover, it is a cult product among geeks. Real world tests show that the new keyboard is as good as the old one when it comes to typing speed, and avoids accidental keystrokes better because of the way the buttons are shaped.

The complete package of T440 looks better than the MacBook Air, but the only factor is it is yet to be released. Haswell + IPS FHD Display + Touchscreen + Keyboard + Power Bridge Battery.

Lenovo seems to be hitting the right chords.

Yeah, the purists will always be critical of even the slightest changes. Moreover, it is a cult product among geeks. Real world tests show that the new keyboard is as good as the old one when it comes to typing speed, and avoids accidental keystrokes better because of the way the buttons are shaped.

The complete package of T440 looks better than the MacBook Air, but the only factor is it is yet to be released. Haswell + IPS FHD Display + Touchscreen + Keyboard + Power Bridge Battery.

Lenovo seems to be hitting the right chords.

Yeah and it makes it worth the wait, both the T440 and X240.

Back