Which notebook compares to 13" MacBook Air 2013 ?

This is a general question not specific to Macbook. Should I be torrenting on mine. How much would the SSD be effected. If not then what is the other best means to torrent. USB Flash Storage or USB HDD or on a SD Card.

This is pretty important for me. Let me know.

@Switch - A 16gb Memory card lying unused should be good enough? Keep it in the cardreader all the time. Or 32gb if you download a lot.

While torrenting I have utorrent move completed downloads to a different folder that I copy/paste to the portable when ever I connect.

This is a general question not specific to Macbook. Should I be torrenting on mine. How much would the SSD be effected. If not then what is the other best means to torrent. USB Flash Storage or USB HDD or on a SD Card.

This is pretty important for me. Let me know.

From what I have read, even if you are writing 24/7 these modern SSDs can last 10 years with ease.

Read the MLC/TLC part in this article.

They have calculated the NAND life assuming you write 10GB of data to the host daily and a write amplification of 3.5 so total of 35GB writes per day to the NAND. The write amplification depends upon how much your drive is already filled up. Even then this assumption points to a very heavy load.
Under these circumstances the 840Pro will last 60 years and the 840 will last around 19 years.

So in other words, you don't need to worry about anything and use the SSD as any normal HDD. If you really want to do something you can increase the overprovisioning but that is also not needed.

Quick update: Its been almost a week since I got the new Air. The battery life is fabulous. I have literally charged the thing maximum 3 times till date. Though not using is 24/7 but using it for a great amount of time throughout the day and late night movie/TV Show sessions.

The inbuilt speakers are more then loud enough for a tiny laptop and sounds great for TV shows. Still getting around finding certain apps for doing certain things. Trackpad is awesome for doing things. Multitouch gestures are to die for. Simple things like browsing, scrolling, scrubbing works like a charm. Backlit keyboard at night with minimum setting helps a lot while browsing the forums :D

Have got a hardshell rubberised case for the mac. Few pics posted in the "everyday showoff thread". All in all one of those purchases which feels like a genuine upgrade. Not as big as when I shifted from Nokia 5800 to iPhone 4 but its close enough.

Different kind of showoff. This is after almost 1 Month of regular usage. The battery has settled down with almost 20 odd charges. I have dropbox and chrome both installed which consume more battery then safari. Also Safari with flash installed also gives a decent battery backup.

Battery.png

Yup thats what. More then 16.5 + hours battery backup on a 100% charge. Today I charged by battery after 3 days of my usage. Was wondering how much is my laptop giving. Kitna deta hai... The result is in front of you guys. I remember somebody earlier asking for battery backup. This is for him :D

Just back from the nearby apple premium reseller and i could not help but drool over the 27" iMac. Damn that thing is so sexy. I have installed ML in virtualbox and playing with it. Sure it lags like hell and animations are not at all smooth but to be frank i felt at home since i came from iOS and many things are so much similar.
I am sure a windows phone user might feel the same while using windows 8 on PC. The consistency would really do wonders in future when i finally get an Apple laptop/desktop/whatever.

I on the other hand completely removed MacOS today. The only mistake that I did was that I also removed the Recovery Partition.
Also while trying to install Windows 7 directly from the pen drive, I couldn't get past the first screen when you boot from the pen drive. This was because the trackpad and the keyboard weren't functioning. I think this was because of EFI BIOS. So I had to install Win 8 in the end.

I on the other hand completely removed MacOS today. The only mistake that I did was that I also removed the Recovery Partition.
Also while trying to install Windows 7 directly from the pen drive, I couldn't get past the first screen when you boot from the pen drive. This was because the trackpad and the keyboard weren't functioning. I think this was because of EFI BIOS. So I had to install Win 8 in the end.
This should help you...

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1600147

Thanks Switch. I overcame the limitation by converting my disk to MBR. However I am gonna re-install Mac OS and after that I will do an EFI - Install of Windows 7.
Will just need to convert the disk back to GPT before the Mac OS install. Currently downloading a VMWare Image of Mac OS X Mountain Lion so that I can create a bootable USB for Mountain Lion.

Back