~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

Aces170 said:
http://www.techenclave.com/mobile-phones/done-to-death-phone-for-6k-105742.html

Techead suggested a 3110 classic, any better deals then that ?

Well,if a great screen is that important,there's the Nokia 6300 for bout 7.3k!
else check out the Nokia 3500 Classic (5.5k)
or the 3110 (4.7k)

3110C:
+Sturdy
+Better audio & display
+Reasonable battery life
-Avg. cam

3500C:
+2MP Cam
+upto 2gb mem. card
-Poor audio & display
-Avg. battery life
-Avg. Music quality

upto you to decide now..

~ t.t.m

montylee said:
I am looking for a phone for my sister. The budget is 10K but can be exceeded a bit if required. The Phone should be good looking with good camera and good sound. Any suggestions?

well you always have to compromise on something..

if good cam & sound are a priority..
1.SE K790i ~ 10k - 3.2mp/AF/Flash cam and good audio
2.Samsung D900i ~ 10k - 3.13mp/AF/Flash cam and good audio

if it's just the looks and decent all-round preformance
1.SE W580i ~ 10.6k
2.SE W610i ~ 10.5k
3.Nokia 5310 ~9.4k

These are the only options i would suggest...
check 'em all out & decide..

~ t.t.m

Hi,

I want to pass on my existing mobile SE W810i to my wife and want to buy a new mobile to myself. It will be primarily for business use

Requirements -

- Small pocketable size

- I will not use it to hear music, so low music quality is OK. Will not use it to watch videos also.

- Preferably a good camera (2MP or more)

- Least visible buttons because I rarely make calls myself. I use it only to receive calls

- Should be able to take rough handling. I will prefer that at least camera lens is covered. Screen if exposed should be scratch resistant.

- Good performance if speaker is on.

I can spend upto 20K (or maybe a little more)

Waiting for your replies!

rshri said:
Hi,

I want to pass on my existing mobile SE W810i to my wife and want to buy a new mobile to myself. It will be primarily for business use

Requirements -
- Small pocketable size
- I will not use it to hear music, so low music quality is OK. Will not use it to watch videos also.
- Preferably a good camera (2MP or more)
- Least visible buttons because I rarely make calls myself. I use it only to receive calls
- Should be able to take rough handling. I will prefer that at least camera lens is covered. Screen if exposed should be scratch resistant.
- Good performance if speaker is on.

I can spend upto 20K (or maybe a little more)

Waiting for your replies!

Well for that much,there's the Nokia N95 for 21.8K!
Unfortunately it ain't small !

Another phone worth considering is the MOTOROLA Q9 for 17.3k !
thin,sexy looking,all rounder ! Comes with a QWERTY keypad too..
No lens cover though..

Then there's the touchscreen 5mp camera phone..
LG KU990 Viewty for 21k..
no lens cover again..

Last but not the least..
there's the HTC Touch SE for about 18.2k..
touchscreen & all other features..sturdy build too..

Well,these are the four handests worth recommeding for around 20 k..

Check them all out in person and decide..

Not all good things come in small packages..

~ t.t.m

well id like to know a price update on o2 phones.. been seeing this website with damn tempting prices like o2 xda stealth for 10k.. so wanna know how true these prices are..

thanks in advance man..

montylee said:
I am looking for a phone for my sister. The budget is 10K but can be exceeded a bit if required. The Phone should be good looking with good camera and good sound. Any suggestions?

any comments on my query? and how is SE W660i compared to W810i?

Whats the latest price of N73 ME?

amityrock said:
well id like to know a price update on o2 phones.. been seeing this website with damn tempting prices like o2 xda stealth for 10k.. so wanna know how true these prices are..
thanks in advance man..

O2 Xda Zinc ~ 36.5k
O2 Xda Atom Exec ~ 34.4k
O2 Xda Atom Life ~ 33.3k
O2 Xda Stealth ~ 27k
O2 Xda Atom ~ 25.8k

~ t.t.m

montylee said:
any comments on my query? and how is SE W660i compared to W810i?
Whats the latest price of N73 ME?

Well here are your options:
1. SE W610 ~ 10.5k ~ AF/Flash 2MP cam
2. SE W580 ~ 10.5k ~ Ordinary 2MP cam
3. SE K790i ~ 10k ~ AF/Flash 3.2MP cam
4. SE W660i ~ 9k ~ Ordinary 2MP cam,No EDGE

* the 660i has an ordinary 2mp cam and a front vga cam,3G but no EDGE as opposed to the 810i having an AF/flash 2mp cam,EDGE but no 3g..

Check 'em out in person and decide..

she may definitely like the 610i or the 580i..wouldn't recommend the 660i due to the small price difference

~ t.t.m

thetoxicmind said:
Well here are your options:

1. SE W610 ~ 10.5k ~ AF/Flash 2MP cam

2. SE W580 ~ 10.5k ~ Ordinary 2MP cam

3. SE K790i ~ 10k ~ AF/Flash 3.2MP cam

4. SE W660i ~ 9k ~ Ordinary 2MP cam,No EDGE

* the 660i has an ordinary 2mp cam and a front vga cam,3G but no EDGE as opposed to the 810i having an AF/flash 2mp cam,EDGE but no 3g..

Check 'em out in person and decide..

she may definitely like the 610i or the 580i..wouldn't recommend the 660i due to the small price difference

~ t.t.m

thanks for the info :) BTW, is SE K790i good enough? It's selling at only 10K now. Some more queries:

1) Whats the difference b/w SE 810i and 610i?

2) I had heard about problems with SE mobiles joysticks, does that problem still persist?

SE w610 is Db2020 phone compared to w810 which is old db2010
w610 is faster and much better

its got Walkman 2.0 player ! Its Slim !! Its got larger screen ! Great Multitasking !

But w610 has 3.8 mm focal length cam then w810 which is 4.8mm !

k790 is good all rounder .. except for Megabass .. which is not an issue any more since db2020 patching season has started and megabass and ultrabass patches are out !

k790 lacks Flash Menus support .. little bad coz no animated menus , also k790 has got old media player .. ! not the likes of walkman 1.5 and walkman 2.0

k790 is FAT .. that sucks for ME .. who wears tight jeans !

Joystick probs .. is not really a problem .. ! though it is a little bit.

S500 is super stylish for 10k .. for your sister may be. can be flashed to w580 for cool features .. packs great music .. bad camera .. but packs style

a_k_s_h_a_y said:
SE w610 is Db2020 phone compared to w810 which is old db2010
w610 is faster and much better
its got Walkman 2.0 player ! Its Slim !! Its got larger screen ! Great Multitasking !

But w610 has 3.8 mm focal length cam then w810 which is 4.8mm !

k790 is good all rounder .. except for Megabass .. which is not an issue any more since db2020 patching season has started and megabass and ultrabass patches are out !

k790 lacks Flash Menus support .. little bad coz no animated menus , also k790 has got old media player .. ! not the likes of walkman 1.5 and walkman 2.0
k790 is FAT .. that sucks for ME .. who wears tight jeans !
Joystick probs .. is not really a problem .. ! though it is a little bit.

S500 is super stylish for 10k .. for your sister may be. can be flashed to w580 for cool features .. packs great music .. bad camera .. but packs style

that's pretty much it..

boys, I lost my BEST DEARLY 6230i phone last week in Bangalore :( , I'm stuck and obsessed with that phone, sync ml service, GPRS postpaid under romaing with over 400 contacts and 1 GB mem card all gone! i had it for 3 years almost! :(

I'm looking for a replacement, in national market here getting second hand 6230i's but peers are advising to have a change in life as too much lagao isnt good and not to go for those second hand ones! some says u might go for those second hand ones, but risk is always there!

btw national market second hand cell prices as follow,

Nokia E61 - 6.5k
Nokia 6230i - 3.8k

and so on.............

I need two cell phones one cheap one and another for GPRS etc usage, for the cheap one I'm looking into motorola W230, and for the other one my budget is around 7k, can be increased to 2k or so if needed, I've zeroed down to

Motorola L9 - 7k.
Nokia 5310 - pk approx.

I really liked the L9, as i heard nokia 5310's output ringtone sound is very very low? is this true? can anyone give me a comparison between the above two?

Any other suggestions are welcome but EDGE is must and long term reliability with heavy internet usage while charging is one of primary usage the reason i'm avoiding sony, sound quality comes then and being excellent is obviously needed playback should be real good as i will be planning to use it as a mp3 player as well, cam can come then, it should be decent and should be worth the money i'm spending beind the cell. sync ml is needed and pc contact sync is MUST, and i dont know why i dont like much of symbian either!

Someone please suggest me down here what to get, i'm so confused!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back