Samsung Wave S8500 India release

i got sat lock in 5 minutes......... with 12 satellites locking.........:)

i had a problem with route66 syncing as it was asking to activate account after registering..... but 2 days have passed since creating an account and i have still not received any activation mail......... niether did i find any option to resend that mail.....

one more question..... is it possible to view the files shared in computer and copy it on memory card on phone through wifi.......???

how did you get the sat locked-in?? i could do nothing with the route66? do i need to perform some activation/registration? or is there any other application available?

cheers..

^ as i mentioned before....... i registered via route66 sync software and then when i tried signing in it gave message that the account is not activated....... plus i didn't get any email for activating the account and also neither i found an option for resending the activation mail.......

what to do....??

one more question..... is it possible to view the files shared in computer and copy it on memory card on phone through wifi.......???

kanishk619 said:
yes, but i cant wait to try this major update, further, whenever a indian(major) firmware will be released, it will be available to download, so you dont have to fear about warranty issues, 1 can always roll back, :)
Nice to know this that 1.2 has improved changes. Can you please tell me how did you updated to 1.2 or any source through which i can refer. Thanks :)

how to check a contact during call?

the other day i was in a voice call talking with a friend & he asks me for a guy's contact no. so from the menu that is available during call, i click on contacts & then on the guy's name & guess what- it starts dialing, instead of just showing the number.... :O. if the numbers directly do not show up(as the phone displays only the name of the contact & only on clicking it, we can see the number) & it starts dialing when i only wanted to see the number, how am i supposed to see & tell the number during a call ?please see the attachment..i am on hold with the guy i was talking to as the phone starts dialing the number of the other guy.

Attachments

• 20101026125017.jpg
    20101026125017.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 109
HoliC said:
hmmm..
Did you download MAp of India and transfer it to your cellphone ???
IF not.. USe Route 66 PC Sync... and download required stuff.. then try again..

I already did that. The map is downloaded to my phone. And I was outdoors and standing still. You guys think it might be something to do with my phone itself (faulty GPs module...)?

Anyway i checked the card with a software named H2testw & this is the result that i got-

Test finished without errors.

You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.

Writing speed: 3.88 MByte/s

Reading speed: 6.04 MByte/s

H2testw v1.4

does this conclusively prove that the card is a class 4?(i am asking again because he is selling it at a cheap price & if it is a class 4, i'll buy it from him)

Ok ... Where can I find a 16 GB micro SD in Delhi? The branded shops I went into were only offering 8GB, moreover they said that the 16GB is not yet available in India and the ones which are available are Chinese/fake. Is this true? :S

Hey everyone. I am facing a strange issue, for the past 2 days i've been using WiFi on my wave and it was working flawlessly. Yesterday I configured a mail account and I was receiving all mails properly. But now today strangely my WiFi gets connected but when I try to access any website, the browser after a while gives a message "No Response". But when I go into my created mail account and press download, I get all the mails :S and that too through WiFi only.

So this is extremely strange and I can access websites through my normal GPRS but not through WiFi .

So can anyone help me out with the issue.

Currently I am able to get all my Gmail , Office mails through WiFi but when I am trying to access Internet through the browser or the Samsung Apps, both are not connecting. Very Strange :S

there is option of protection in files folder but can't the pics be selected for protection as when i click on lock in after selecting protection nothing happens...

shadow747 said:
there is option of protection in files folder but can't the pics be selected for protection as when i click on lock in after selecting protection nothing happens...
same happening wid me ..

help..

n also guyz frm where i can buy 16gb class 6 micro sd card...?

Guys can any one give / share link where I can buy somewhat cheap and good quality Silicon case for WAVE??

Please respond as the one I got in ebay is a piece of junk...

I regret on buying that case and leather pouch from some guy in ebay...

Can any one help me??

thunder.dragon said:
Guys can any one give / share link where I can buy somewhat cheap and good quality Silicon case for WAVE??

Please respond as the one I got in ebay is a piece of junk...

I regret on buying that case and leather pouch from some guy in ebay...

Can any one help me??
Try ebay.co.uk for good cases and pouches..

Back