Samsung Wave S8500 India release

eshaan said:
Hey where did you got it from ? And how much did you got it for ?
got it from delhi for 17500... shop near my place it was the last piece...so happy didn't hunt for it much...

And one question if i update my phone to new version is my contacts,calender entries,memory card stuff etc is deleted ?

HoliC said:
@shadow747 go through this entire thread.. 99% of your questions will be answered... will save you lots of time n work..
its way too big thread but if u could help on this topic...help appreciated so that i can update without all stuff getting deleted...

LINK -

ROUTE 66 news : Now available for entire Samsung Wave family: lifetime onboard navigation plus FREE safety camera updates

Zürich-Switzerland, 20 October 2010 - ROUTE 66 today announces the availability of lifetime onboard navigation for the entire family of Samsung Wave smartphones. All owners of a Samsung Wave worldwide are invited to upgrade their smartphone with a lifetime navigation license for which they will receive 1 year free speed camera updates as a bonus.

ROUTE 66 mapping and navigation engine integrated in Samsung Wave

In addition to the Samsung Wave (GT-S8500), Samsung has recently added several new members to the Samsung Wave family: the Samsung Wave II (GT-S8530), the Samsung Wave575 (GT-S5750) and the Samsung Wave723 (GT-S7230E). The entire Samsung Wave family runs on the Bada operating system and has a mapping and navigation application stored in the internal memory of the phone. This Samsung LBS mapping and navigation application was developed in close cooperation between Samsung and ROUTE 66. Being seamlessly integrated in the Bada operating system, the application offers an unrivalled mapping and navigation experience to the end-user when compared to dedicated Bada applications. Everybody who owns a Samsung Wave can use the application and its full functionality 30 days for free. This means that, during the 30-days test period, the Samsung Wave can be operated as a powerful navigation device with turn-by-turn spoken driving instructions and on-screen directions, both in the car and as a pedestrian. Moreover, with this mapping and navigation application you always know exactly where you are and how you can get to places that you have never visited before.

1 Year free speed camera updates with purchase of lifetime navigation

After the 30-days test period, however, the navigation feature of the mapping and navigation application will be disabled automatically. From this moment onwards, owners of a Samsung Wave will no longer be able to navigate with their smartphone but will continue to have access to the worldwide map viewer. To overcome this restriction, ROUTE 66 has decided to expand its current end-user campaign for the first Samsung Wave (GT-S8500) to the entire family of Samsung Wave phones and to extend the deadline of the campaign with half a year to 30 June 2011. This campaign invites all owners of a Samsung Wave worldwide to upgrade their smartphone with a lifetime navigation license for which they will receive 1 year free speed camera updates as a bonus.

5 Reasons to upgrade the Samsung Wave to lifetime navigation

There are many reasons why this end-user campaign is attractive for owners of a Samsung Wave. From an end-user perspective, the top 5 reasons are:

1. Enjoy navigation on the Samsung Wave during the entire lifetime of the phone.

2. Receive 1 year free speed camera updates for the Samsung Wave and be able to avoid speed tickets.

3. Reduce additional costs for data download and roaming while navigating by storing the map on the memory card of the Samsung Wave.

4. Make the most out of the Samsung Wave by using also its built-in GPS satellite receiver.

5. Earn back the investment in lifetime navigation for the Samsung Wave by avoiding just 1 single speed ticket.

ROUTE 66 end-user campaign for Samsung Wave enormous success

'Our current worldwide end-user campaign for Samsung’s first Bada phone, the Samsung Wave GT-S8500, is an enormous success. Since the start of the campaign thousands of Samsung Wave owners have taken advantage of our offer to upgrade their smartphone with a lifetime navigation license with 1 year free speed camera updates as a bonus. Therefore we are very happy that today we can add several new Samsung Wave phones to our campaign so that more people than ever before can experience the power of a smartphone as a fully featured navigation device.' stated Mr. Daniel Danila-Bekesi, Senior Communication Manager of ROUTE 66. 'Furthermore, we have decided to extend the deadline of our campaign for the entire Samsung Wave family with half a year to 30 June 2011!'

To benefit from this campaign, owners of a Samsung Wave should simply go either to ROUTE 66 - SAMSUNG MOBILE on their smartphone or to ROUTE 66 - SAMSUNG MOBILE on a desktop computer, select the country or region where they want to navigate and complete the transaction via the ROUTE 66 secure payment system.

About ROUTE 66

At ROUTE 66 we are passionate about developing smart, easy-to-use navigation solutions. As a pioneer in the mobile navigation market, ROUTE 66 is an innovator and provider of leading-edge navigation software for mobile devices, as well as a wide range of extra geographic content and location based services. Headquartered in Pfäffikon (Switzerland), we have offices in Western Europe, Eastern Europe and Asia and sell our products and services worldwide. For more information please visit ROUTE 66, the personal navigation pioneer.

Remarks

1) The end-user campaign only applies to owners of a Samsung Wave (GT-S5750, GT-S7230E, GT-S8500 or GT-S8530) smartphone with a preinstalled copy of the Samsung LBS navigation software.

2) The end-user campaign offers 1 year free speed camera updates in selected countries.

3) The end-user campaign has a limited duration and will expire on 30 June 2011.

its 30 $ for the lifetime navigation.......

Hi.

Does any one knows how to copy messages stored in pc.

I have messages backed up both in tect format and via nokia backup software but cant find a way to move the text messages.

hi guys i m facing a problem,cant play youtube videos both in normal and hd quality through gprs ,havent tried through any broadband connection. i m using airtel 2gb plan.plz help

^^^^ it takes time dude... wait for 5 - 10 mins preferably in open air [ not under a roof ] till your position is locked..

Once few satellites lock your position.. then use it anywhere..

updated my phone to 1.2, and omg, swype is just awesome :D, further it supports facebook sync too :D, fast as hell, more responsive, and omg keyboard is now damn smooth, just like iPhone, samsung is doing great, for all other wave users, please try 1.2, its simply awesome :)

will try GPS on 1.2 and post any improvements :)

@kanishk619

Hey but updating now to 1.2 will not create problems later hope so... when the 1.2 firmware is officially rolled out ....because then we have to roll back to JH1 and then officially update to 1.2 through KIES...and I feel that the 1.2 is just round the corner :)

sujithbvm said:
@kanishk619

Hey but updating now to 1.2 will not create problems later hope so... when the 1.2 firmware is officially rolled out ....because then we have to roll back to JH1 and then officially update to 1.2 through KIES...and I feel that the 1.2 is just round the corner :)
yes, but i cant wait to try this major update, further, whenever a indian(major) firmware will be released, it will be available to download, so you dont have to fear about warranty issues, 1 can always roll back, :)

HoliC said:
^^^^ it takes time dude... wait for 5 - 10 mins preferably in open air [ not under a roof ] till your position is locked..

Once few satellites lock your position.. then use it anywhere..
I've tried waiting for more than 20 minutes in open....still did not work.

santosh86 said:

hmmm..

Did you download MAp of India and transfer it to your cellphone ???

IF not.. USe Route 66 PC Sync... and download required stuff.. then try again..

santosh86 said:
Thatz werid, when I tried it outdoors, I got a lock in less than a minute. Are you standing still, coz the sat cannot lock if you are moving. ??

Back