Raspberry Pi

^ Oh, I was told March 3rd week, just received an order acknowledgement mail as well! If it takes that long, will cancel it for sure. They haven't charged my card yet.

Attachments

• rpi-order-ack.png
    rpi-order-ack.png
    46.6 KB · Views: 161
good news i guess then. I am getting 2
<

Found something interesting

Both Premier Farnell and RS Components have worldwide distribution networks, so wherever you are in the world, you will be able to buy from a local distributor. This will saves you money on shipping; it’s a much better way for you to buy than getting them all shipped from the Foundation in the UK.

local bole to?

Payment on COD bassis???

Not sure, I was told they will need the payment at the time of order itself. But they haven't charged my card yet. Will call them tomorrow and see.

Also on the phone they said I will be charged Rs 2667 incl Rs 200 for shipping but on the order acknowledgement its written Rs 2767! Rs 300 for shipping!
<

local bole to?

The item is distributed through Farnell and RS Components who have presence in most of the countries. So your order from element14 will be dispatched from India itself.

I was charged the below

Sub-total :Rs.2350.00

Freight : Rs.0.00

Tax: Rs117.50

Total: Rs.2467.50

Is it becuase i am a local addresse ? Company is located in Bangalore.

^

Mine says

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Sub-total :Rs.2350.00

Freight : Rs.0.00

Tax: Rs111.63

Total: Rs.2344.13
[/font]
[/font]
[/font]
[/font]

<

The mail you get initially says all that, but they called me and said there will be an additional Rs 200 for shipping. There is also a coupon code that you can try "WELCOME2" for 5% off. But that too was denied saying its not applicable for this product!

^ Its was OOS in less than 2 hours after launch. You could only pre order, but I'm not sure if its still working -- in.element14.com/raspberry-pi/raspbrry-pcba/sbc-raspberry-pi-model-b/dp/2081185

This release is intended for developers. the educational release or whatever it is.. will be with case. later in 2012. theys said.

I'm holding off purchase of the product as it seems its in very early life cycle of product and would rather wait now instead of paying higher amount

Back