Nokia 5800 XM Firmware Update 20.0.12

Anyone tried the Download Application??

It's seems broken... i've have downloaded almost 25MB over WiFi but the content does not get loaded... wats wrong there???

MY SOLUTION: for those who have a problem after hard resetting just reconnect to computer, switch on NSU, and just reupdate the firmware from the computer. if you have used NSU to update earlier then your firmware will be lying on your HDD itself. just do it guys, works every single time!!!

i have used the download application and have installed quite a few freebies.

guys whats wrong????? can you'll relate your problems in detail? did you'll upgrade via NSU or FOTA?

aditya_bha said:
GUYS NEED YOUR HELP HERE

I had messages stored on my pc in .csv format via PC SUITE.
After upgrading the firmware whenever i import messages in a particular folder, it sautomatically gets stored in the drafts folder, no matter what folder is selected.

This thing was working absolutely fine with the previous firmware.

Please confirm this bug :mad: :mad:

Also, if anyone out here has not upgraded the firmware I need urgent help from you, to get my messages back to my phone. Any help would be appreciated.

GUYS plz help me out with this :huh: :huh:

frankmehta said:
MY SOLUTION: for those who have a problem after hard resetting just reconnect to computer, switch on NSU, and just reupdate the firmware from the computer. if you have used NSU to update earlier then your firmware will be lying on your HDD itself. just do it guys, works every single time!!!

how 2 re update firmware...it shows firmware up to date..

EDIT : didnt see the option of reinstall...stupid me :)

frankmehta said:
i have used the download application and have installed quite a few freebies.
guys whats wrong????? can you'll relate your problems in detail? did you'll upgrade via NSU or FOTA?

Updated through NSU... and also did a hard reset...

the download application just keeps loading (the circle loading image keeps running)... details in the Wifi menu show that almost 25mb of data has been transferred... does'nt give any errors just keeps loading...

NeViLLe said:
Updated through NSU... and also did a hard reset...
the download application just keeps loading (the circle loading image keeps running)... details in the Wifi menu show that almost 25mb of data has been transferred... does'nt give any errors just keeps loading...
I think there is some problem with the nokia server for this application. try again tomorrow.

The reason being , for me it was working fine till yesterday and i checked just now and i am getting the same symptoms as you.

NeViLLe said:

It's seems broken... i've have downloaded almost 25MB over WiFi but the content does not get loaded... wats wrong there???

it does not work surely.

NeViLLe said:

I am too having the same problem..

I guess i can live with v11 for some more time , till these tiny issues with v20 are completely sorted out with....the only reason why i may be impulsed to move to v20 would be the improved cam quality.....since my phone dint come with any pre-load content (people who read my review would know) , i really dont care about the songs ;) (*goes back to thinking)

why? there aren't really any deal breaking issues with v20. you get a faster phone and much better touchscreen input.

Typing through the browser is broken in my phone after the upgrade. The scrolling keys(left/right) doesn't seem to work if you are trying to type in the browser. Try making a post on TE to find out what i am trying to say. You can go left or right in any of the four typing modes :\

Downloads! are working now. as expected Software, utilities, music etc. for indian version is available for d/l. A.R.Rehman, localised music hits, Ringtones etc are avialable.

my Nokia software updater d/l a new version 1.4.98en, i dunno whether it is released now or is old.

can sum1 explain me the problems few ppl have experienced with their handsets initially cos mine is jan shipment..

i heard some prob with earpiece..

Back