Nokia 5800 XM Firmware Update 20.0.12

whoever has a problem backup and do a *#7370# reset!

about the songs on mem card slowing phone down, ill explain.

the phone goes in to an indefinite loop refreshing the library! thats why formatting the memory card helps. who cares about the songs on the card! one can download them anyways!

paddydevil said:
In firmware 20.0.12: When the message is unread, there is a little star icon on the closed envelope. And when the message is read, that star is gone (though envelope is still seen as closed).
got the solution"""""
is that a bug?? or is it because of the icon set used in this firmware.

to ashr...

the message is a feature of the v20.

a star represents unread msg and without a star and closed env represents

read msg.

if u got any bug kindly format the mem card cos thats the only reason ur fone mit give any prob.

also nokia care said that they can u give the protected songs if u come down at their centre after the firmware update..

apparently there is some trick to play locked songs. but it has to be done b4 the firmware upgrade,,

ashr said:
my contacts bar is screwed after updating. it doesn't show any contacts... and when it is enabled to show in the homescreen, the contacts and dialler buttons don't work :S
instead of using the contacts bar why dont you use the short cut bar. there you can place any application(s) to run, very handy feature, but limited to only 4 items though.
as for the contact bar problem, lemme check it on my phone, i will post back after checking it.

Edit: @ ashr, contact bar problem confirmed. it is happening in my phone too. investigating the issue.

ashr said:
my contacts bar is screwed after updating. it doesn't show any contacts... and when it is enabled to show in the homescreen, the contacts and dialler buttons don't work :S
Contact bar problem confirmed. it is happening in my phone too. had never checked it before, investigating the issue.

frankmehta said:
whoever has a problem backup and do a *#7370# reset!

about the songs on mem card slowing phone down, ill explain.

the phone goes in to an indefinite loop refreshing the library! thats why formatting the memory card helps. who cares about the songs on the card! one can download them anyways!
You dont understand this simple matter. it is not about losing the free preloaded songs, it is about losing the DRM licence. i.e. the ability to play DRM protected media.

In future , when the nokia music store is launched and you purchase some music from it by paying for it and suddenly you loose the ability to play it (due to future F/W upgrade). That is the problem.

obama said:
Contact bar problem confirmed. it is happening in my phone too. had never checked it before, investigating the issue.

works for me tho...no problems with the contact bar here..

but how do i select a given no. to be called from the contact bar out of the other numbers for a given name ??

Contact bar problem solved by resetting the phone via *#7370# way.

NB: Do take a full backup of the phone by Nokia pc suite first though.

resetting and restoring all the settings from the backup took about 7 minutes max.

obama said:
You dont understand this simple matter. it is not about losing the free preloaded songs, it is about losing the DRM licence. i.e. the ability to play DRM protected media.

In future , when the nokia music store is launched and you purchase some music from it by paying for it and suddenly you loose the ability to play it (due to future F/W upgrade). That is the problem.

im sure nokia has a way around that. There must be some sort of archiving in the nokia music manager on the pc, which warrants you sync the music player in the phone with the Nokia Music Manager in the pc. like Itunes, where you can transfer purchased tracks back to your ipod after a restore.

the DRM playback abilities of the phone will not be affected with the upgrade. maybe a backup of the DRM licensed files can be done!

obama said:
instead of using the contacts bar why dont you use the short cut bar. there you can place any application(s) to run, very handy feature, but limited to only 4 items though.
as for the contact bar problem, lemme check it on my phone, i will post back after checking it.

Edit: @ ashr, contact bar problem confirmed. it is happening in my phone too. investigating the issue.

yes, i do use the shortcut bar. the contacts bar is not important for me. i just wanted to check everything though. resetting the phone worked.

Phone refuses to work with wi-fi routers after firmware update.
DRM problem noticed
Hard reset solved few problems apart from these 2.
visiting Customer Care 2day

Back after Customer Care visit(s)
1st Visit - Bandra West Nokia Customer care -> Engineer on vacation, Cant fix latest gadgets
2nd Visit - Sion Circle Nokia Customer care -> "You have put wrong version of Firmware on this phone, nothing can be done now."
:mad: :mad: No answer as to How to choose the correct firmware. (I wished i could pull them to Nokia website and show where the correct version might be.)
3rd Visit - Phenix Mills - Bright Point India Nokia CC -> i think this is the biggest and main Service center. I also think this is where i met most nonsense front desk dolls.
"Wi-Fi will not work in all area's, it will depend on username and passwords, DRM license loading will take 2 working days." :ashamed:
I had almost given up, last ditch effort, tried asking if I could get old firmware loaded -> "It cant be done, only upgrade is possible, downgrade is not possible as the chips are read-only." :rofl: :rofl: I slapped myslef and jumped into elevator.
4th Visit - Divine Dadar NPD - Good chaps, asked for bill, luckily i carried that. Since the phone was bought from same shop, got direct access to service engineer, spent next 1 hour with them,
Current State
Firmware re-installed by CC, phone wiped. works Fast and works ok (works OK, still not perfect)
Wi-Fi now works with routers, but not in ad-hoc mode. somethings f#$%^# up.
Got DRM license back. those folks promised to let me know as soon as they get a fix for remaining issue's.

cheers

GUYS NEED YOUR HELP HERE

I had messages stored on my pc in .csv format via PC SUITE.
After upgrading the firmware whenever i import messages in a particular folder, it sautomatically gets stored in the drafts folder, no matter what folder is selected.

This thing was working absolutely fine with the previous firmware.

Please confirm this bug :mad: :mad:

Also, if anyone out here has not upgraded the firmware I need urgent help from you, to get my messages back to my phone. Any help would be appreciated.

true said.. nokia care has uneducated ppl sitting at the office with no info whatsoever..

as v20 still has bugs. i guess it wasnt being released here after the problems it faced in other countries.

hopefully they will come with new firmware.

but i would like to confirm that camera algorithm has improved reducing the visible grains.

lets see what next firmware brings to s60v5

Back