Macbook Pro 13 @50k vs Dell XPS 15

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Just confirmed the MBP to my friend. He will be coming by Dec, 13. He will be making the order online using Apple Store for education ( student discount), costing $1149.00 ,which converts to Rs.51k.

One more thing, will there be any customs issues ?? As he would also be carrying his laptop along.

well im considering you have done your homework well but as far as i remm from when i was there earlier this year, canada has a 13% tax so slap that on the price aswell. so effectively it should be like 1350$.. still think its a worthy deal? :p

No dude, in Canada the tax is only charged if you purchase the product from an apple store.

For online here is the summary, as my friend has told me,

MBP incl. Shipping - $1249 - $100 (Student Discount) = $1149

Recycling Fee - $1.20

Total - $1150.20 CAD

which converts to Rs.50838.24

amityrock said:
tats suprising.. keep us updated if you buy and dont have to pay tax..
I thought there wont be any taxes, but unfortunately it was a smashing 13%. So I have decided to buy it from here itself.

IMO, Macbook Pro are probably towards a revamp. If you check their life-cycle, generally the model gets updated around 8-10 mnths or so. Apparently, we may see a revamped Macbook Pro around March-April 2011.

Got my XPS 15 yesterday

Its really great laptop

I am loving it

Its fast and is sturdy

It looks bulky but its ok

I say go for it

teja92 said:
Got my XPS 15 yesterday
Its really great laptop
I am loving it
Its fast and is sturdy
It looks bulky but its ok
I say go for it

congrats :hap2:

Do post some pics and mini review, BTW how many days did they take for delivery after payment?

One BIG problem with macs,once you get used to it,it is extremely difficult to go back to windows machine.I am facing this problem now,I was always a windows user,never used a mac before.My last windows laptop died a quick death and I lost all hopes on windows machines and bought a mbp a month ago.Now my office (a very generous one)bought me a Latitude last week and HP was kind enough to replace my dv6.So suddenly this poor guy has three laptops!But just after one month of o.s 10 I am having issues with win7 machines.I keep on trying two finger click for right click,cannot scroll properly over looong excel sheets,keep looking for command key etc.etc.(yes,the list is pretty long).

red dragon said:
One BIG problem with macs,once you get used to it,it is extremely difficult to go back to windows machine.I am facing this problem now,I was always a windows user,never used a mac before.My last windows laptop died a quick death and I lost all hopes on windows machines and bought a mbp a month ago.Now my office (a very generous one)bought me a Latitude last week and HP was kind enough to replace my dv6.So suddenly this poor guy has three laptops!But just after one month of o.s 10 I am having issues with win7 machines.I keep on trying two finger click for right click,cannot scroll properly over looong excel sheets,keep looking for command key etc.etc.(yes,the list is pretty long).

So true,Im facing the same problem myself. :D

Back