Is it worth buying a macbook?

As per the website costs Rs.57,550.00 (taxes extra) for the very basic model ThinkPad T410 (2518A91) that too without Windows :S. This one comes with 3 year warranty as default.

Are you sure you wanna take this. You would get a fully loaded Vostro with 3 year warranty (and complete care) for far less and it is a rugged machine neverthless

Lenovo - Products

There are Thinkpad models cheaper than the T series too but they come with 1 year warranty

ThinkPad SL410 (2842A47) is Rs.32,050.00 (taxes extra) but has a core 2 duo proccy

Thinkpad Edge 14(0578BRQ) is Rs.36,500.00 (Taxes extra) has an i3 proccy

http://shopap.lenovo.com/SEUILibrar...-category-id=CB0B38B4564E4A4692DAE6EF0ABA5287

Yes,that is overpriced.But a dell vostro with i5,4gb,500gb+3yrs cc+taxes is not really far behind,not sure about the exact tax though.Is it only the usual 4%VAT or something else?

I think the thinkpad edge is value for money. Though how is the build quality, is a big question mark?

Agreed Vostro will cost nearly the same but you will get better configuration, licensed windows and 3 years service at doorstep.

BTW did you call the tollfree number to check if the A.S.S. is available in the remote areas you visit?

Yes,they cover some areas of Bihar and UP,but almost no coverage in Nagaland,Mizoram.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Guys,I know most of you wont agree with me on this.I am on this laptop hunt for about a week now (both shops and online),and guess what have I found?A decently speced vostro or thinkpad T series(other thinkpads are crap built wise)or a lattitude for that matter,are all overpriced(more than 55-60k).So what is left?Do not shoot me for this,but I find the macbook is the real vfm deal when your prime concern is reliability.I have talked to some mac users (classmates,currently located in US),and all of them have confirmed that the plastic macbook is better than alu one for my purpose.Except they get scratches easily and becomes yellow in 3-4 months time,but no dents ever,which is very common with mbps.

Go for mac.

I have leopard running my hackintosh toshiba a305.

After using it,im simply not able to go back to windows.

And for your use,it seems to be the best,(longer battery life,sturdy).

Also could you give me the price Of MBP from US?

A friend of mine needs to have his dell lappy's mobo replaced

Dell refuses to do it unless he buys some bundle offer with it like extended warranty or software or blahblah which effectively doubles the cost

Apple changed my mobo and screen in 10 days

Back